Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? (29574 Views)

What Course Can She Read With This WAEC Results / What Course Can Someone With This WAEC Result Study? / Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by elisbabs499(m): 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
You dont need physics to study pharmacy.
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by elisbabs499(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
In as much as you are not studying physics related course like Physics, Geophysics, applied geophysics or any engineering course. You are good to go
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by elisbabs499(m): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
In as much as you are not studying physics related course like Physics, Geophysics, applied geophysics, mathematics, computer science or any engineering course. You are good to go
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by sogud(m): 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
Chipappii:
She intended studying Pharmacy but her physics was not smiling. Now she needs suggestions on other courses this result can get for her. For jamb registration purpose. Thanks.

Animal pursuing n huntin
Faculty of agriculture
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Mypeople2(m): 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
Fourwinds:
thank you oooooo for the observation too...I'm surprise too...that's why I felt the person wasn't the one that read for the examination but rather expo was used but physics expo failed to show
I think is the practical .She did not do any of the two questions in the physics practical properly that is why.She should write the next GCE
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by UsefulTunde(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2018
Agricultural Science! A perfect one...
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Jman06(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2018
olapluto:
I dont get why pharmacy students need physics though.
Have you heard about a course called pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology? Without a sound knowledge of physics you can't understand that course. Also, So many aspects of Pharmaceutical chemistry encompass physics.
Do you also know that Pharmacy students study pharmaceutical mathematics?
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Jman06(m): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2018
Rick9:
Who need physics to study pharmacy, I may not be in the Science field but I know for sure that with English Language, Chemistry and Biology, & Mathematics + any other subjects from either the Arts or the Social Science would enable you to read , Pharmacy, Medicine and other medical related courses

U only need Physics when you want to study Engineering Courses, ls check your brochure.

Go ahead and apply, you can use that result to study pharmacy as long as you have Chemistry and Biology.
@ Chipappii
Stop exposing your ignorance on a public forum. Physics is a core science that finds application in almost all pharmaceutical and medical sciences. You can never understand courses like pharmaceutics/pharm tech, pharmaceutical chemistry etc without a sound knowledge of physics.

1 Like

Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Rick9(m): 10:07am On Jan 17, 2018
Jman06:
Stop exposing your ignorance on a public forum. Physics is a core science that finds application in almost all pharmaceutical and medical sciences. You can never understand courses like pharmaceutics/pharm tech, pharmaceutical chemistry etc without a sound knowledge of physics.

Alright I was thinking that , Chemistry and Biology was more important. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by olapluto(m): 10:24am On Jan 17, 2018
Jman06:
Have you heard about a course called pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology? Without a sound knowledge of physics you can't understand that course. Also, So many aspects of Pharmaceutical chemistry encompass physics.
Do you also know that Pharmacy students study pharmaceutical mathematics?
I would think this is not true as I lecture in that area and I've been doing that for 4 years now. No prior knowledge of physics is needed to study pharmacy. You can take that to the bank.
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Jman06(m): 10:56am On Jan 17, 2018
olapluto:

I would think this is not true as I lecture in that area and I've been doing that for 4 years now. No prior knowledge of physics is needed to study pharmacy. You can take that to the bank.
I'm ashamed of you bro! Did you take courses in analytical chemistry at all

In pharmacy, there is a course in pharm chem called pharmaceutical analysis which students take in parts 3 and 5 (in my school). Without a sound knowledge of physics, you won't understand that course because you get to study things like instrumentation in analysis. This requires a sound knowledge of optics, waves, motion, electricity, mechanics, temperature etc. Now, a student with poor foundation in physics cannot cope in that course.

Also, in pharmaceutics/pharm tech, you need a good knowledge of physics to understand the various principles governing mixing of active ingredients and excipients during compounding of drugs, and also in understanding the working principles of the various machineries used in drug production. Also, temperature and humidity plays a crucial role in maintaining drug stability, hence you need the knowledge of the two to during production and storage of your drugs. Knowledge of viscosity and surface tension is very important in the compounding of liquid and semisolid products like syrups, suspensions, emulsions, creams and ointments.

The list is endless bro, get yourself informed before you type on a topic you don't understand.
If you like don't agree with me, you'll only continue exposing your ignorance for the world to see.

1 Like

Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by olapluto(m): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2018
Jman06:
I'm ashamed of you bro! Did you take courses in analytical chemistry at all
I dont know why you're ashamed. I am a teaching staff at a university that ranks top 20 in Pharmacy worldwide. I tell you again that a Pharmacy student has no need for physics.
Analytical chemistry has no need for physics. You can stick to naming individual courses in pharmacy, but none of the ones you've mentioned so far requires O'level physics knowledge.
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Jman06(m): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2018
olapluto:

I dont know why you're ashamed. I am a teaching staff at a university that ranks top 20 in Pharmacy worldwide. I tell you again that a Pharmacy student has no need for physics.
Analytical chemistry has no need for physics. You can stick to naming individual courses in pharmacy, but none of the ones you've mentioned so far requires O'level physics knowledge.
Read my mention again.

No need making this argument with you, those who designed pharmacy curriculum know better than you. Meanwhile, if you think that pharmacy has no need for physics, send your ward who is deficient in physics to pharmacy school. Even if you manage to bribe his way into the school without having the full admission requirement, you wont be there to help him pass his exams.

Shalom
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by olufemilite: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
Agric economics, Wildlife & Fishries, Agric sciences, Maybe Economics. It all depends on the schools again

Chipappii:
She intended studying Pharmacy but her physics was not smiling. Now she needs suggestions on other courses this result can get for her. For jamb registration purpose. Thanks.

Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by olufemilite: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
They are basic sciences. Sometimes you're not required to write a subject in jamb but required to have it in O levels. The same way some students can't study architecture without o'level chemistry

Rick9:

Alright I was thinking that , Chemistry and Biology was more important. Thanks
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by Rick9(m): 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
olufemilite:
They are basic sciences. Sometimes you're not required to write a subject in jamb but required to have it in O levels. The same way some students can't study architecture without o'level chemistry

Thanks mehn
Re: What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? by chigab123: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
WHAT COURSE CAN MY KID SISTER STUDY WITH THE FOLLOWING GRADES

COMMERCE B3
FINANCIAL ACCOUNT B3
CRK D7
ECONOMICS D7
GOVERNMENT B2
ENGLISH LANGUAGE B3
MATHS C6
BIOLOGY B3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

May/June 2011/2012 WASSCE (WAEC) Results To Be Released In 24 Hours / Police Kill & Bury Uniben Student Unjustly / Nnewi Inches Towards Becoming The New African Tech Hub (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.