Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Pope Francis Apologizes Over Sexual Abuses Within Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Apologizes Over Sexual Abuses Within Catholic Church (285 Views)

Bishop Claude Berkley Apologizes Over Bikini Fashion Show In Trinidad Church / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Apologizes Over Sexual Abuses Within Catholic Church by olajay86(m): 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
http://www.titopeblog.com/2018/01/pope-francis-apologizes-over-sexual.html

Roman Catholic head, Pope Francis, has said he feels pained at the irreparable damage caused to children by some ministers of the church who sexually abuse them.

Francis was speaking before Chilean dignitaries in Santiago de Chile.

The Pope, while apologizing for cases of sexual abuse by clergy in the Catholic Church said, “I am one with my brother bishops, for it is right to ask for forgiveness and make every effort to support the victims.

“I am one with my brother bishops, for it is right to ask for forgiveness and make every effort to support the victims.

“Although, we have committed ourselves to ensuring that such things do not happen again.”

Meanwhile earlier this week, the Vatican took over a Peru-based Catholic sect whose founder has been accused of sexual and psychological abuse.

Re: Pope Francis Apologizes Over Sexual Abuses Within Catholic Church by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
As much as I love and respect the catholic church this attitudes from their priest is putting a slap on their image.Why Chileans are angry is because the church seems to protect it's priest.The church should not defend them but expel them and ensure they pay for such abuses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cars Available At Cheap Rates / Earn $100 Daily From Home / Plan For Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.