Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. (1201 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. by jdeebaba(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2007
DIVORCE OF PARENTS, WHATS THE FATE OF THE CHILDREN?children faces so many things due to the divorce of their parents, who divorces due to one thing or the other.like in the case of my innocent cousin, those their mum is white n dad is nigerian, these children has been facing heart broke, cos their mum never cared about them , they once told a story on how they have been maltreated by their mums boyfriend, this call for their dad to bring them back top nigeria, to stay as for their elder brother who is the share of the woman was out of hand, so i making this point 4 us to look into it and know whetther divorce should be llegalise in nigeria, thanks
Re: Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. by izzau(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2007
well jdee , u welcome 2 nairaland , i can imagine wat ur cousins are going through , but banning divorce will probably lead to people living unhappy lives when they should be happy ,dont get me wrong am not a strong advocate of divorce but , but i think divorce is like a freedom from a bitter pained relationship, its better to spend on lawyers and marriage settlements rather than bearing the sadness of a cramped relationship, In concern to the children ,they will certainly gain from being brought up by parents who smile and who do not feel life, and marriage as burdens, of course marriage should be a decision taken more carefully , which would spare a lot of pain when things dont work out
Re: Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. by cuteass1(f): 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2007
I don't actually think that the divorce of parents should mould the turn-out of the kids. Ofcourse, its a sad and hurtful thing to go through but after a while life goes on. You get used to not having both parents around at the same time,and if you have a strong personality, then it wouldn't determine your future. Sometimes you wish your parents were still together or that they'll make up(afterall what kid wouldn't want their parents together) so sometimes you even try to make it happen, but at the end ofthe day you just have to get over it.

Tell your cousins to take heart, they should cling to the one of theur parents that is there for them, and move on with their life happy as ever, that's the only way they'll be able to get through it smiley
Re: Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. by Alive4Jesu(m): 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2007
That story is reminding me ours.our parents divorced and my bro and i stau=yed lonely at home . and theeraredays we don't eat.
But overall, we must keep into the Lord GOD.
Shalom!
Re: Divorce Of Parents: Whats The Fate Of The Children? And How To Deal With It. by English1(f): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2007
Divorce is not always bad for the kids.

Sure, it is best if their parents are together in a strong and happy marriage, but better divorced than with parents who are always miserable and fighting.

The important thing is that the divorced parents have to remember their number 1 duty as parents and not cause the children pain and trouble. That means

the parents mustn't try to compete with each other by spoiling the children
both parents must have lots of contact with the children and be involved in raising them, going to school report nights, and so on
the parents must not drag the children into any arguments/disputes/upsets

(1) (Reply)

Multi-wife Family / Because Of Money / What Are The Major Causes Of Broken Homes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.