Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? (1563 Views)

How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / Dodge Caliber How Reliable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by adahib: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
Good afternoon guys. My 2007 Toyota Camry developed some engine issues which resulted in my buying a new engine. After that,I was told the gearbox was also faulty. I was adviced to work on the gearbox instead of buying a new one given how unreliable the Belgium gearbox could be. I've done that(at a high cost though) and the car seems to be working perfectly. Sincerely,I don't feel very confident.
Please does anyone know how reliable the gearbox is after being worked on? Based on experience,is there any chance of it going bad soon?
Please help a brother out. Thank you.
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by adahib: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Help a brother out please.
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by sultaan(m): 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
You are on your own, work has been done and on!y you and mechanic knows what has been done.

Enjoy your experience with Toyota and Nigerian maintenance

4 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by Kashif(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
It depends. Just enjoy your ride.
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by jaychubi: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Wrong question

The question shld be hw much is a toks 2007 auto gear box BC dts the worst dt can happen

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by adahib: 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
jaychubi:
Wrong question

The question shld be hw much is a toks 2007 auto gear box BC dts the worst dt can happen

280k as I was told but like I stated earlier,after communicating with a few mechanics and dealers,I was told not to bother buying as most are refurbished or converted from 10pins to the expected 13pins and as such extremely unreliable.

So asking how much a gearbox costs isn't the problem.
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by tripoli007(m): 6:19am On Jan 19, 2018
Bros I think its time for you to sell the car ..

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by jaychubi: 9:16am On Jan 19, 2018
adahib:

280k as I was told but like I stated earlier,after communicating with a few mechanics and dealers,I was told not to bother buying as most are refurbished or converted from 10pins to the expected 13pins and as such extremely unreliable.

So asking how much a gearbox costs isn't the problem.

U only stand a chance of replacing the current one if it gets spoilt @ this price plus labour costs n dts ur risk
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by SmartToyota(m): 10:32am On Jan 19, 2018
Don't panic, You should keep on driving it that way till it develops a problem which might not occur even.
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by adahib: 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
Thanks guys. I think I may just continue using the car.
Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by valarinz: 6:20am On Jan 20, 2018
tripoli007:
Bros I think its time for you to sell the car ..

Majority of we Nigerians are just so wicked and mean, imagine the advise you're giving him, to covertly pass on the issues to an unsuspecting buyer

That's why you'll go to buy a car and also be forming detective on the car cos you believe everyone is as wicked as you to only sell cars when they have issues and drive on when everything is fine

Repent!!!

6 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry? by jaychubi: 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
valarinz:

Majority of we Nigerians are just so wicked and mean, imagine the advise you're giving him, to covertly pass on the issues to an unsuspecting buyer

That's why you'll go to buy a car and also be forming detective on the car cos you believe everyone is as wicked as you to only sell cars when they have issues and drive on when everything is fine

Repent!!!

Lol 85% of naija used car are on sale BC of one problem or d other its sad n d owner will come with the title few months used

(1) (Reply)

The Below Type Of Vehicle Has Been Snatched In Benin On 23/03/2019 / See Who Bought The World's First Yutong 14-meter Bus With Benz Powertrain (PIX) / Please Share Your Personal Experience Of The Nissan Tiida/ Versa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.