Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s (18582 Views)

Mercedes-Benz is the most valuable car brand in the world - Global Brand Finance / Mercedes-benz Is Once Again The World's Most Valuable Luxury Car Brand / Mercedes-benz Is Rated The Most Valuable European Premium Automotive Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Kobicove(m): 8:35am On Jan 19, 2018
Looks like it would save more space...I hope it's also more economical on petrol
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by freshdude99(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2018
KushyKush:
Benz!

You can't drive this car without feeling yourself. Trust me, there is this pride that comes whenever you are spinning those wheels around town! smiley
True
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by freshdude99(m): 8:59am On Jan 19, 2018
phlame:

undecided undecided undecided

So basically U believe Mercedes performs better than RR, Bentley, Porsche, Maseratti

Think again!!!
Far better. Ask those that have tasted both like us

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by phlame(m): 9:48am On Jan 19, 2018
freshdude99:

Far better. Ask those that have tasted both like us

I have done the Benz and TBH, I see nothing spectacular about it...

Like U stated, U have driven both so U know better...

Edit:- Lovely twins U have on ur Profile... Future wife loading for my 2 year old Son... tongue
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by uboma(m): 9:52am On Jan 19, 2018
Afrikprice:
Mercedes Benz, The Best Or Nothing.

How is Mercedes Benz the best automobile, when they are just considering phasing out the V6 and V8 in favour of the I6 and I8, which BMW has been building for years.

Mercedes Benz should beg the real automobile builders, BMW to school them in the art and science of building I6 and I8 engines.

BMW all the way.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by paix(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:
They need to do a limited edition roadster with inline 12 cylinders shocked
Wow, that will be a sweet experience. I just love cars with long engine hood. That's why I like American cars.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by chccho(m): 10:35am On Jan 19, 2018
phlame:

So basically U believe Mercedes performs better than RR, Bentley, Porsche, Maseratti

Think again!!!
I have seen a mercedes benz (E550 not sure if its an AMG) outrun a porsche panamera live in abj i saw it with my koro koro eyes they were racing and boy oh boy those guys were on top speed (maybe like 200km/h or more) cos they overtook me.
The Porsche was trying so hard to catch but for as long as i could see,it didnt.

Benz is a beast but there are still bettee cars than a benz.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by paix(m): 10:36am On Jan 19, 2018
xreal:
[img]https://media1./images/bc858e69d5022807b84554b2d4583c10/tenor.gif?itemid=5122019[/img]

No.
1. Mercedes Benz
2. BMW
3. Volkswagen
4. Others
I hope you are still enjoying that Golf car.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by chccho(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2018
uboma:

How is Mercedes Benz the best automobile, when they are just considering phasing out the V6 and V8 in favour of the I6 and I8, which BMW has been building for years.

Mercedes Benz should beg the real automobile builders, BMW to school them in the art and science of building I6 and I8 engines.

BMW all the way.....

This benz and bmw thingy is all about personal preference both cars are fantastically great cars.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Shenky(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2018
AnodaIT:

Do you even understand what is being said here?

It's like integrated circuit in electronic, no more can you replace engine in inline-6, if the engine goes bad, you repair or replace the whole car
Henhen...cos I don't understand shit
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by xreal: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2018
paix:
I hope you are still enjoying that Golf car.

Ain't you enjoying yours?
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by paix(m): 11:05am On Jan 19, 2018
xreal:

Ain't you enjoying yours?
I don't own a German car.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by GidisFinest: 11:13am On Jan 19, 2018
The M5 had already crossed finish line grin

chccho:

I have seen a mercedes benz (E550 not sure if its an AMG) outrun a porsche panamera live in abj i saw it with my koro koro eyes they were racing and boy oh boy those guys were on top speed (maybe like 200km/h or more) cos they overtook me.
The Porsche was trying so hard to catch but for as long as i could see,it didnt.

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by phlame(m): 11:14am On Jan 19, 2018
chccho:

If it is rated by just speed, I guess U haven't heard about the Nissan GTR/Skyline
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by freshdude99(m): 11:14am On Jan 19, 2018
phlame:

I have done the Benz and TBH, I see nothing spectacular about it...

Like U stated, U have driven both so U know better...

Edit:- Lovely twins U have on ur Profile... Future wife loading for my 2 year old Son... tongue
Lolz tnx from the compliments bro... Will gladly accept the dowry

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by chccho(m): 11:23am On Jan 19, 2018
GidisFinest:
The M5 had already crossed finish line grin

Story
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Xionez(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
alatbaba1:
Anytime I see Mercedes-Benz I get multiple organisms

Which one?!
HIV, Gonorrhrea or Sypillis?!

Werey! grin grin
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Deathlezz: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
phlame:

Think again!!!
were you sleeping when Mercedes has won F1 back to back and back to back again ? And who knows Bentley with speed? Car's luxurious ok, but Mercedes still trumps it in ride quality and smoothness as it does all the cars you mentioned above.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by phlame(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
Deathlezz:
were you sleeping when Mercedes has won F1 back to back and back to back again ? And who knows Bentley with speed? Car's luxurious ok, but Mercedes still trumps it in ride quality and smoothness as it does all the cars you mentioned above.

U are entitled 2 ur opinion
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Deathlezz: 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
phlame:

U are entitled 2 ur opinion
I wasn't expecting you to debunk my opinion with facts.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Stycon(m): 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
Interesting
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by abbeyloyee(m): 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
[b][/b]
alatbaba1:
MULTIPLE ORGANISMS...na wa o

Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by NemzySeries(m): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
phlame:

Think again!!!

outside Benz av not seen any of dos rides on highway
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by panifid(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2018
Engine length would be a problem. Imagine a roadster with an extra long hood / bonnet.

EgunMogaji:
They need to do a limited edition roadster with inline 12 cylinders shocked
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
paix:
Wow, that will be a sweet experience. I just love cars with long engine hood. That's why I like American cars.

I knew there must be someone on here that get's it.

Kudos.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by paix(m): 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I knew there must be someone on here that get's it.

Kudos.
Always here, bro.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by FleetAdmiral(m): 12:49am On Jan 20, 2018
alatbaba1:

Yeske multiple “Organism”... since you a colony and benz is the organism cultured cheesy
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by ivoryhouse(m): 3:15am On Jan 21, 2018
paix:
Interesting discussion. Benz has class and all that but I still prefer american cars; chargers and challengers, any day. There's nothing like the sound of a Hemi v8 engine, and I'm not talking about the speed (that pushes you into the seat) then puts a huge smile on your face.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by paix(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Interesting discussion. Benz has class and all that but[b] I still prefer american cars; chargers and challengers, any day. There's nothing like the sound of a Hemi v8 engine, and I'm not talking about the speed (that pushes you into the seat) then puts a huge smile on your face.[/b]
You have said it all.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by modsRbastard: 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Zoharariel:

Only illitrates regurgitate this age-long tripe. Benz is a good solid build - no doubt, but if you've ever driven a Bmw or Audi, I swear, you will never type or repeat such trash again. No offense meant by the way.

I've driven all 3and none of the other two combines, luxury, performance and aesthetics like Benz. Benz knows how to find a balance in between all that. Audi is to bland on aesthetic and Interior, only selling point right now is their Quatro, BMW mostly is on the performance side and forget consumers sometimes wanna feel cocooned, too low profile for Naija roads. I see they started changing that their boring yellow backlight.
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by modsRbastard: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Interesting discussion. Benz has class and all that but I still prefer american cars; chargers and challengers, any day. There's nothing like the sound of a Hemi v8 engine, and I'm not talking about the speed (that pushes you into the seat) then puts a huge smile on your face.

That thing is called G-force, the feeling is so soothing smiley
Re: Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s by simiolu1(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
modsRbastard:

I've driven all 3and none of the other two combines, luxury, performance and aesthetics like Benz. Benz knows how to find a balance in between all that. Audi is to bland on aesthetic and Interior, only selling point right now is their Quatro, BMW mostly is on the performance side and forget consumers sometimes wanna feel cocooned, too low profile for Naija roads. I see they started changing that their boring yellow backlight.

What you failed to consider is that most auto makers try to satisfy consumers with some basic criteria on a scale of preference ish. For a Benz, luxury first. For a BMW, driving dynamics first.

And this scale.of.preference trickles down into all the products they make. So auto heads will tell you anytime anyday that you buy a Merc for the luxury and a BMW for its.driving thrill.

That's one of the reasons why BMW will always be second to Benz in luxury and that's also why AMGs will always be second to M series in driving dynamics and handling.

So when they say you ride a Merc and drive a BMW, that's what they essentially mean. It's just the way it is bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much For Golf3 / Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles / Frsc Reintroduces Fines For Old Number Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.