Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,311 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles (18585 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? / List And Advertise Your Cars, Vehicles On Oyosm.com For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
In an ideal situation however, it would be best to buy a Nigerian-used car/vehicle from a friend, or someone you pretty know especially about how he/she treats or handles the said car/vehicle. It is also preferable one buys from someone who is not a daily driver but has the said car/vehicleas an one just taking up space in the garage.

Unfortunately, we we don't live in an ideal world, and such circumstances are quite rare. After driving an old cars for years though, those are the only conditions I'll ever consider buying a Nigerian-used car/vehicle.

In addition to what I've said up there, I will like to highlight these two hints;

1. I'll rather see the car/vehicle being sold "as is", rather than "pimped up" so they can sell it for a
higher price, and conceal defects/wears.

2. If the owner is a female or it is labelled "lady driven", I'll advise you outrightly subtract 30% from its foreign-used market value. I'm not being s*xist, but in my experience, many lady drivers have poor maintenance routines. And a lot of lady drivers can be just be so reckless and careless against the believe of many people that females know how to maintain cars/vehicles.

That is all I have for now; feel feel to add your own tips.

Source:
https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/useful-tips-for-buying-nigerian-used-cars-vehicles.125

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by Tijuana: 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
legalwealth:
In an ideal situation however, it would be best to buy a Nigerian-used car/vehicle from a friend,
or someone you pretty know especially about how he/she treats or handles the said car/vehicle.
It is also preferable one buys from someone who is not a daily driver but has the said car/vehicle
as an one just taking up space in the garage.

Unfortunately, we we don't live in an ideal world, and such circumstances are quite rare. After driving
an old cars for years though, those are the only conditions I'll ever consider buying a Nigerian-used
car/vehicle.

In addition what I've said up there, I will like to highlight these two hints;

1. I'll rather see the car/vehicle being sold "as is", rather than "pimped up" so they can sell it for a

2. If the owner is a female or it is labelled "lady driven", I'll advise you outrightly subtract 30% from
its foreign-used market value. I'm not being s*xist, but in my experience, many lady drivers have poor
maintenance routines. And a lot of lady drivers can be just be so reckless and careless against the
believe of many people that females know how to maintain cars/vehicles.

Source:
https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/useful-tips-for-buying-nigerian-used-cars-vehicles.125

Take your sexist nonsense elsewhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Tijuana:

grin
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by fotadmowmend(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
This may sounds funny but it is true .... After getting an trusted expert to inspect the car for you,check the car's safe and boot to see if there are some old changed components in them. This will go a long way in telling you the many things about the car . My experience: I bought on golf 3 some months ago, inside the car safe are used brake pads. On getting home to further inspect and do some minor works on the car, I noticed the whole braking system has been modified (imagine facing the highway with the car) ... Recently, I got a 2005 Toyota corolla, inside the safe is fuel pump and some spoit power steering belt in the boot and ever since I have bn facing the two problems with the car

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
fotadmowmend:
This may sounds funny but it is true .... After getting an trusted expert to inspect the car for you,check the car's safe and boot to see if there are some old changed components in them. This will go a long way in telling you the many things about the car . My experience: I bought on golf 3 some months ago, inside the car safe are used brake pads. On getting home to further inspect and do some minor works on the car, I noticed the whole braking system has been modified (imagine facing the highway with the car) ... Recently, I got a 2005 Toyota corolla, inside the safe is fuel pump and some spoit power steering belt in the boot and ever since I have bn facing the two problems with the car

Funny but factual

7 Likes

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 10:34am On Apr 05, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 2:28am On Apr 06, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 11:18am On Apr 07, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 4:56am On Apr 12, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 8:15am On Apr 23, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by Emebel: 10:10pm On May 04, 2020
Please I need advice from someone that can tell me the trouth about Volskwage bora or jetta 2001, 2009 and 2010. I want to buy one of them, I love those car very well I have not use any of them. Please can someone that have their experience advice me Please

1 Like

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2020
Emebel:
Please I need advice from someone that can tell me the trouth about Volskwage bora or jetta 2001, 2009 and 2010. I want to buy one of them, I love those car very well I have not use any of them. Please can someone that have their experience advice me Please

Kindly create a new thread for it and you should see people with experience on them to comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by LordTerix: 7:32pm On May 05, 2020
legalwealth:
In an ideal situation however, it would be best to buy a Nigerian-used car/vehicle from a friend, or someone you pretty know especially about how he/she treats or handles the said car/vehicle. It is also preferable one buys from someone who is not a daily driver but has the said car/vehicleas an one just taking up space in the garage.

Unfortunately, we we don't live in an ideal world, and such circumstances are quite rare. After driving an old cars for years though, those are the only conditions I'll ever consider buying a Nigerian-used car/vehicle.

In addition to what I've said up there, I will like to highlight these two hints;

2. If the owner is a female or it is labelled "lady driven", I'll advise you outrightly subtract 30% from its foreign-used market value. I'm not being s*xist, but in my experience, many lady drivers have poor maintenance routines. And a lot of lady drivers can be just be so reckless and careless against the believe of many people that females know how to maintain cars/vehicles.

Source:

1. Avoid cars 'used by a woman'. In my experience, they are the very worst you can find anywhere today.

Most women don't even know what a dipstick is or even the compressor, it's that bad!

I repeated this for emphasis - and this is not sexism... na fact!

2. Avoid all cars tagged 'selling because owner is relocating'. Na lamba!

3. For obvious reasons, do not buy a Nigerian used car from a merchanic!

4. Avoid all cars that mention 'selling cause of too many cars in the compound' or 'used by a banker, doctor or lawyer'.Na scam!

5. Finally, avoid all those 3 months registered cars! Buying them always leads and ends in tears. Who sells off a car just after 3 months of use?!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by revilomichaels(m): 6:37pm On May 11, 2020
LordTerix:

1. Avoid cars 'used by a woman'. In my experience, they are the very worst you can find anywhere today.

Most women don't even know what a dipstick is or even the compressor, it's that bad!

4. Avoid all cars that mention 'selling cause of too many cars in the compound' or 'used by a banker, doctor or lawyer'.Na scam!

5. Finally, avoid all those 3 months registered cars! Buying them always leads and ends in tears. Who sells off a car just after 3 months of use?!

You are right to an extent
We are human. No one can make rules on how every car can be bought.
E.g My in-law came in last year November and got his camry cleared 2.0. This is just 5 months, he wants to sell it because he wants a higher car and looking forward to sienna.
The car doesn’t have an issue so don’t use one or two bad experiences to make a law.
Buying cars comes with luck. Be as careful as you can. Manage the car as e be
As per lambas... e plenty but it doesn’t mean u cannot check cars out.

The one that vexes me more is Buy and Travel or AC chilling, just fill gas lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by LordTerix: 8:25pm On May 11, 2020
revilomichaels:

You are right to an extend
E.g My in-law came in last year November and got his camry cleared 2.0. This is just 5 months, he wants to sell it because he wants a higher car and looking forward to sienna.
The car doesn’t have an issue so don’t use one or two bad experiences to make a law.

This your inlaw's case must be a good, nice exception grin grin

Is he a banker or a lawyer? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 8:34pm On May 11, 2020
LordTerix:

cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by revilomichaels(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2020
LordTerix:

This your inlaw's case must be a good, nice exception grin grin

Is he a banker or a lawyer? grin grin

Funny funny....

Don’t worry, I’m not selling and I wasn’t trying to advertise. I’m giving an example.

Last year my friend bought tiny light Camry for his wife. The AC is chilling and it’s serving for almost a year now and it’s serving. They bought it from a mechanic sef

So, there’s no particular law that always work.
You can buy from a mechanic 2mao and they will give you gbagam car. It all depends, just be careful and buy your car and maintain it. If you’re lucky, you will buy a well maintained car

12 Likes

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by LordTerix: 3:36pm On May 12, 2020
revilomichaels:

Funny funny....

Don’t worry, I’m not selling and I wasn’t trying to advertise. I’m giving an example.

Last year my friend bought tiny light Camry for his wife. The AC is chilling and it’s serving for almost a year now and it’s serving. They bought it from a mechanic sef

So, there’s no particular law that always work.
You can buy from a mechanic 2mao and they will give you gbagam car. It all depends, just be careful and buy your car and maintain it. If you’re lucky, you will buy a well maintained car

grin grin grin
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2020
cool
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by legalwealth(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2020
wink
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 17, 2020
Tijuana:

lol......on top of his own opinion?Everyone has a right to their opinion
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 17, 2020
revilomichaels:

You are right to an extend

his Observation are caveats does not apply all the times but are valid.

3 Likes

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by Akintunde1964: 3:25pm On May 17, 2020
How much is Toyota Tacoma pickup now in the market
Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by revilomichaels(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2020
SAVEDBABA:
his Observation are caveats does not apply all the times but are valid.

You are right. Very valid point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles by EbukaIam: 4:05am On May 19, 2020
LordTerix:

Basically, avoid buying all types of cars for sale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much For Golf3 / How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? / Frsc Reintroduces Fines For Old Number Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.