Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. (6668 Views)

Ten Means Of Overcoming Life Troubles / The Best Means Of Earning A Living. / Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by balash(m): 9:31am On Jan 19, 2018
What It Really Mean To Be Called A Muslim, I and countless other muslims are being taught from our earliest years that our religion demands respects and care for Others. The Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh) Said None of you have faith until you love your neighbors as yourself.

This is what its called to be a muslim, Among the very names of GOD we hear, The Compassionate, The All Merciful. In all my life everyday i hear the greetings of Asalam Alaikum waramotulai wabarakatul ( Peace And Blessings of the lord be with you) This is what it means to be a muslim.

More than a thousand years ago. Muslim soldiers are ordered not to EVER touch or kill a child, a woman, an old person or destroy a tree, mosque, church or any Synagogue. This are the values we were taught while growing up and we were mandated to teach our children.

My friends i am outraged and grieved by the recent attacks and killings of Muslims, christians and Minorities communities. This is an offense against humanity. Our Christian brothers and sisters are part of our integrated past, present and future. The word muslim brings tolerance, peace and loving your neighbor as one. This terrorist coming in different spheres and names are all plain criminals and we would not be recognized by their barbaric decisions against innocent citizens. Islam is and would always be the religion of peace

The lives of the practitioners of other religions in the Muslim society was also given protective status. The Prophet said:
“Whoever kills a person who has a truce with the Muslims will never smell the fragrance of Paradise.” (Saheeh Muslim)
Since the upper hand was with the Muslims, the Prophet strictly warned against any maltreatment of people of other faiths. He said:
“Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)
To Each Their Own Religion
In another article, it states, “the Jews have their religion and the Muslims have theirs.” In this, it is clear that anything other than tolerance would not be tolerated, and that, although all were members of a society, each had their separate religion which could not be violated. Each was allowed to practice their beliefs freely without any hindrances, and no acts of provocation would be tolerated.
There are many other articles of this constitution which may be discussed, but emphasis will be placed on an article which states, “If any dispute or controversy likely to cause trouble should arise, it must be referred to God and His Messenger.” This clause maintained that all inhabitants of the state must recognize a higher level of authority, and in those matters which involved various tribes and religions, justice could not be meted out by individual leaders; rather it must be adjudicated by the leader of the state himself or his designated representatives. It was allowed, however, for individual tribes who were not Muslims, to refer to their own religious scriptures and their learned men in regards to their own personal affairs. They could though, if they opted, ask the Prophet to judge between them in their matters. God says in the Quran:
“…If they do come to you, either judge between them or decline to interfere…” (Quran 5:42)

The Qur’an says in Sura Kafirun 109 Verse 1-6

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful

1. Say: O you disbelievers,
2. I worship not what you worship,
3. Nor do you worship Whom I worship,
4. Neither shall I worship what you worship,
5. Nor will you worship Whom I worship,
6. To you be your religion, and to me my religion

Which simply implies let your religion be yours and mine be mine.

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path. لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ (There is no compulsion in religion), meaning, "Do not force anyone to become Muslim, for Islam is plain and clear, and its proofs and evidence are plain and clear.
Al-Baqara 256

Lets Join Hands Together And Fight This Criminality With The Laws Of The Land As One.

I AM A MUSLIM AND I PREACH PEACE AND TOLERANCE.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by balash(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2018
Mukina2
Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by adekhingz(m): 11:52am On Jan 19, 2018
grin grin

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by ralijaafar: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2018
This is very true

2 Likes

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by kayceeD2(m): 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
K
Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by bughead: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2018
Explosive!

2 Likes

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by gaskiyamagana: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2018
Well. Yet it must be emphasized that being a muslim is not by name, imam, Alhaji and innovated Islamic titles; moral justification of Islamic teachings in any environment and establishment. This is lacking among muslims in Nigeria governance, thus we are contributing to social ills in the country today.

1 Like

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by farukg2(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
Jazakallah khair
Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by Teeboi56: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
Alhamdulillah am a Muslim
Ina dina indalahi al islam
Only true Muslims we understand it
Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by binsanni(m): 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2018
Alhamdulilah Being a muslim
Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by ollah2: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2018
tasteofcash:
it means no other tin but bombing, killing, maiming, raping, war, conflict. dat is pure definition of a muslim as being proved by them every single minute of d day.

Exactly just the way joseph Kony, Anders Brevik, RicAnders brevik, Dylan Roof, Alexandre bissonnette,  Sergey W et al committed this aformelisted crimes and they are "Muslims"

5 Likes

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by Nasir123(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nice.

They are criminals/evil minded people everywhere. We just have to do all we can to eradicate those using the name of Islam to perpetrate their evil act.

Education like this,do help.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by Nasir123(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
gaskiyamagana:
Well. Yet it must be emphasized that being a muslim is not by name, imam, Alhaji and innovated Islamic titles; moral justification of Islamic teachings in any environment and establishment. This is lacking among muslims in Nigeria governance, thus we are contributing to social ills in the country today.

True.

It should be the duty of all Muslims to educate others. We should'nt be waiting for the imams alone.
Some of these imams preach mostly on what suit them especially.
This is the only way most can contribute his/her quarter, to the growth of humanity (not to Muslims alone).

1 Like

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by xage(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
What it takes to be Muslim is far heightened above the reality with Muslims in Nigeria especially.

We practice traditional Islam with little or no knowledge of Islam itself and this is not just a personal phenomenon it is a danger among Muslim community that must be tackled with sound education of Islam.

However, the responsibility of Dawah calling to the way of Allah is every Muslim’s responsibility irrespective of your environment.

With fair or sound knowledge of Islam, good manners and proper communication, we can do our bits in invitation to Islam.

Every violent means is unwarranted except where there’s outright provocation and you needed to defend yourself.

Keep inviting people, keep doing Dawah but most of all do seek knowledge and act within what’s acceptable

1 Like

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by Walexybobo(m): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
I am a muslim I preach peace and tolerance.
Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nasir123:
Nice.

They are criminals/evil minded people everywhere. We just have to do all we can to eradicate those using the name of Islam to perpetrate their evil act.

Education like this,do help.
Thanks.
either you please them or not they can't be your friends or have a change of mind.
except few amongst them

1 Like

Re: What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. by bams2999(m): 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
Excellence bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World / Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan / What Qur'an Says About Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.