Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. (2089 Views)

What's The Best Data Plan For Laptop - Pls Help / Sold Acer Nitro 5 and SOLLenovo Legion y520 4gig dedicated Gaming Laptop(2pcs) / Open Box Dell Inspiron 15 I7567 7th Gen Nvidia 1050 4gig Vram @210k... Sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2018
Hello everyone, this is to inform Glo users of the latest Glo scam. please, don't fall for it.

Sometime last year November, when Glo launched its 4g data plan for 1k, I was one of those who subscribed. I noticed the amount of data given to me after subscription wasn't what I paid for. I had to overlook it because the plan was newly introduced then.
But to my greatest surprise, the plan didn't last 2 weeks, even without downloading any file. After this, I vowed never to subscribe to Glo data plan again.

Fast forward

I was tempted again this week when a colleague at work told me she subscribed to Glo #400 and she was still using it as at that time. I took the bull by the horn and subscribed to Glo 4gig for 1k only to be given 1638Mb instead of 4gig. Below is the welcome message sent to me.

"Congrats! You have received 1638 MB for N1000. Total remaining volume is 1638 MB. You can also SHARE or GIFT data to your loved ones. Spread happiness dial *777#"To make matter worse, the network can't even all websites.

Stay away from Glo data plan, it is another means of extortion!
Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 19, 2018
Bobbyjay001:
Hello everyone, this is to inform Glo users of the latest Glo scam. please, don't fall for it.

Sometime last year November, when Glo launched its 4g data plan for 1k, I was one of those who subscribed. I noticed the amount of data given to me after subscription wasn't what I paid for. I had to overlook it because the plan was newly introduced then.
But to my greatest surprise, the plan didn't last 2 weeks, even without downloading any file. After this, I vowed never to subscribe to Glo data plan again.

Fast forward

I was tempted again this week when a colleague at work told me she subscribed to Glo #400 and she was still using it as at that time. I took the bull by the horn and subscribed to Glo 4gig for 1k only to be given 1638Mb instead of 4gig. Below is the welcome message sent to me.

"Congrats! You have received 1638 MB for N1000. Total remaining volume is 1638 MB. You can also SHARE or GIFT data to your loved ones. Spread happiness dial *777#"To make matter worse, the network can't even all websites.

Stay away from Glo data plan, it is another means of extortion!

U are only entitle to d 4gig if
1.d sim is a new one
2. U subscribe not later than three days after d expiration of d previous one
Once this one which u sub for expires or finish sub that same day or not later than three days that's when u will be entitle to it

4 Likes

Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by vengedre(m): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2018
The 4GB will be given wen u auto renew the next time ohga
Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by udemzyudex(m): 10:21am On Jan 19, 2018
Depends on what you use it for, if i want to download huge files, I use airtel night plan and I use the glo 4gb data for light download and browsing.

The 4gb is not a scam, I still have about 700mb left before auto renewal, and I sub again making 4700mb.
Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by richeeyo(m): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Next time you see terms and conditions applied Read it well

1 Like

Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by marooh: 10:28am On Jan 19, 2018
Oga u too like rumour....
After 1.6G they will send u 2.4 free gig making it 4G

From 7070
Your subscription to N1000 is renewed & received 1.6GB. Total volume now is 1.6GB, validity starts once you connect.

From 127
You have just received 2.4GB as extra bonus data . Remember to auto renew your plan before it expires, to continue enjoying HUGE data bonus.

So be quite and enquire b4 shouting heardsmen here grin
Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:

U are only entitle to d 4gig if
1.d sim is a new one
2. U subscribe not later than three days after d expiration of d previous one
Once this one which u sub for expires or finish sub that same day or not later than three days that's when u will be entitle to it

oh, I see! Thanks but that shouldn't make their service misbehave.
Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by xaliujokes(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
It's not a scam!
Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by Jeffchuks: 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Take down the thread now that you have known your error.

1 Like

Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by Stephaustin(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2018
Bobbyjay001:

oh, I see! Thanks but that shouldn't make their service misbehave.

There's no misbehaviour in the part of glo. Instead, you're the one misbehaving. For goodness sake, how could you make a post about something you don't have its full fact? You just labelled it a scam when you're actually the one scamming. I strongly use Glo subscriptions and there's absolutely no scam about it.

Please we should stop this attitude.

1 Like

Re: Glo #1000 Data Plan For 4gig Is A Scam. by Genesils(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2018
Now that you know you're wrong.... Will you pls edit your post? cry

(1) (Reply)

Dell Xps 13 Touch Screen Needed / A Good Laptop For Dj Services / Visafone Evdo Gold Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.