Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja (736 Views)

Pastor Delivered From Ritual Kidnappers, Says God Of Solution Ground Saved Him / Video Shows How Okorocha Was Attacked By Uzodimma's Men / Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by ipreach: 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nigeria man shared how he nearly lost his life in the hands of 'crazy' Hausa/Fulani boys in Gwagwa, Abuja

HOW I NEARLY DIED IN THE HANDS OF CRAZY HAUSA/FULANI BOYS.

When I finally relocated to Abuja in 2015, I lived in Gwagwa. Am not talking about Gwagwalada but Gwagwa. Gwagwa is a village in the heart of Abuja mainly inhabited by the Hausa/Fulani people. If you are conversant with Jabi, Life Camp and Karimo, you should know Gwagwa. Gwagwa is located just behind Karimo. My activities in Abuja were mainly at Wuse and Central Business District(CBD). This influenced my choice of Gwagwa for residence since I could not afford rent at places like Gwarimpa and Kado. Rent was also high at Life Camp. Maraba and Nyanya will cost me more trying to come into town since I have to go to town everyday. Gwagwa became the only option. Inside Gwagwa, a Fulani man's goat reared in a compound where other tenants also lived will mess up another tenant's balcony or entrance and nothing will happen. One morning, I woke up to use the toilet(Pit) and the entrance to my apartment was all full of goat shit. I tried to complain to the Fulani man who owns the goats numbering up to twenty to try as much as possible to control the movement of these goats towards our side of the apartment but he instead chose to quote the Nigerian constitution for me, implying that living creatures have freedom of movement that only Allah can ristrict movements and deny rights. Well, the way he said it was funny so we laughed over it. Just very close to my apartment lived a beautiful girl of about 26 called Ameh, She is from the Igala tribe of Kogi state. She was dreaded by the Fulanis in the compound and I only found out the reason much later.

One Sunday evening, I was just relaxing outside the compound eating Uka and Ube, A black Prado Jeep with tinted glasses arrived. This kind of Jeep is mainly driven by government functionaries and what the hell could a big government functionary be doing in a place like Gwagwa on a sunday evening. These kind of vehicles are only seen at CBD, Asokoro and Maitama. I casually moved behind the vehicle to take a look at the plate number but it was covered with a black leather material. The vehicle stood there steaming and it wasn't up to 3minutes before Ameh emerged. This time she even looked more beautiful and ravishing on her tight short, her face smoothened by mary kay topped up with a heavy red lipstick on her nicely shaped lips. She hopped into this jeep and the driver drove off. The landlord and his daughters immediately began to talk about the girl. This was the kind of gossip I enjoyed most, so I moved a bit closer but made sure I was not noticed. Ameh was the girlfriend or sidechick to one of the House of representative members representing a constituency in Kogi state. What? Why can't he rent an apartment for her in places like Aso drive?" I asked myself. Till today, I am yet to figure out the reason behind the side chick of a HOR member staying in slum like Gwagwa but then, I knew why she was dreaded by the Fulani people in that compound. She was connected to power. Power means everything to even the most disadvantaged Fulani man hence they worship power.

Haven explained the situation at Gwagwa and haven painted the picture for you as much as I can. One evening, I was very tired and could not make food for myself, I decided to got to "Nwanyi Anambra's" restsurant which was a bit far to nourish myself with Ofe Ukazi and Utara akpu, but because it rained, the entire road was wet and full of mud, I decided to just branch and eat suya instead at the nearest Suya spot at Gwagwa-Kubwa road.

I had just finished buying my 150 naira suya and masa, relaxed to enjoy it at one corner when this thin guy came in and started buying suya also. He bought so much Suya, in my own estimation worth two thousand naira. This took about ten minutes to finish cutting into pieces while I was enjoying mine peacefully. Just as I had finished my suya and masa delicacy and was about to stand up to go back home, the guy was making a turn also to leave, my head pushed up his two hands which were carrying the suya not fully wrapped with the newspapers. The entire Suya scattered on the mudy and wet ground. The guy, shouted loudly, kei kei kei, laila !!!! Laila!!! Before I could say a word, his two brothers who were patiently waiting inside the keke rushed in on hearing their brother's distressed voice. I knew I was in for a big trouble.

[b]They held my both hands tightly, they wanted me to bring money and repurchase the entire Suya. I said ok, I did not have money on me at that point but that they should accompany me to my house so I could bring money for payment. Immediately they heard my Igbo accent, they knew immediately I was Igbo. Kei nyamiri, kei banzar, laila. These were all I could hear, the smallest of them gave me a dirty slap, and the second gave me a hard tackle at the same time and before I could explain further, my whole being was on the floor. How do I fight loodthirsty Fulani boys in their own territory. One immediately pulled off my original LuisVuiton sandals just right there as I was on the wet ground. The most senior rushed back to the keke and took out a "dagar" . I did not understand why the owner of the kiosk, who I thought was my friend allowed all that to happen, allowed me to be humilliated even when I did not refuse to repurchase the suya. Maybe because I am nyamiri or probably because I am banzar. Just as the one with "dagar" was rushing back inside, one big man with beards so long from the other shop called out to them in Hausa, he probably shouted, "stop that !!!" They all left me alone and stoodstill, I knew immediately that the man was a respected fellow, probably an Imam. He walked up to where we were, I stood up from the ground and tried dusting my wet buttocks, I could not believe what had just happened to me. Oh, I wish this was in Owerri or Anara. My thoughts at that point. The man asked me, "Kei makanaji hausa?". He enquired if I speak Hausa. I said "NO". He immediately switched to pidgin English. "Where are you from?" The three guys responded on my behalf, "nyamiri banzar!!!". He shouted at them again. Then he repeated the question facing me once more. I told him am from Imo state, by that time my voice was already shaking and I was afraid I could be harmed if this man ever felt I was a bad nyamiri. He asked If I knew Rochas, I told him yes that I come from the same village with Rochas. He smiled, gave me a tap on my sholders and told me that Rochas is a good man and that he had been to Rochas house in Abuja during one of the Islamic fastings as Rochas always identifies with them in particular and because I am Rochas' brother, he was going to help me pay for the Suya. I told him thanks. He spoke to his Fulani brothers in Hausa and they calmed down.[/b]

I tried to tell him that one of them had already taken away my designers sandals worth four thousand naira. He said I should forget about it and just go home before something bad happens to me. So that was how I lost my two weeks old Luis Vuiton sandals to some Fulani rascals who do not even know the value. I went straight home and pretended nothing happened. That night, I could not sleep, I thought about the future of Nigeria. Living with people who find fun in humilliating others simply because they are "nyamiri banzar.

I could not have wished for a more painful experience to appreciate that Nigeria is never meant to be.

Ossy Dimaku.
Ekpe ka ogu.

https://web.facebook.com/ossy.dimaku/posts/1213400705462834

Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by BrightDeGea(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
I didn't read it to the end sha but guy God save you

1 Like

Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by hisgrace090: 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
Delivered from the merchant of death.

Just like bros Emanuel eni was delivered from the power of darkness.

To God be the glory!

2 Likes

Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by ekensi01: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2018
cry

It's really sad.

My dad told me that no Muslim man should be my friend cause they don't love you.
The moment you fault that's when you will discover.

I grew up in the Hausa quarters so I'm very good to knowing all about them.

Thank God you where freed but to the real facts they can't kill you like that.
Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by Nutase: 8:19pm On Jan 19, 2018
shocked
Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by HOLYDICK(m): 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2018
Sorry bro next tym try to surround ur self with like minded people. ... no matter the cost bro..ur life is more important than everything this world has to offer.
Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by wakaman: 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nyanmiri encounters
Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by dangermouse(m): 1:16am On Jan 20, 2018
So sorry bro.

Soon the hunters would become the hunted.
It is written!
Re: Young Nigerian Shared How Okorocha's Name Saved Him From Being Killed In Abuja by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2018
CHANGE THE TITLE TO ROCHAS OKOROCHA NAME SAVED SOMEONE FROM UNTIMELY DEATH

(1) (Reply)

Controversy Trails Death Of UCTH Worker Accused Of Cultism In Calabar. Photos / Sad!! Drugged, R A P E D Teenager Wakes Up To See S E M E N All Over Her Body / Watch Grandpa Giving It To Grandma So Hard (sexy Romantic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.