Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Tormented - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tormented (6623 Views)

Story:diary Of A Tormented Husband(a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 12:15am On Jan 20, 2018
TORMENTED
Episode 1

The dining room was filled with dead silence.Dad sat at his place.I sat next to him as usual but then there was something strange about this night.Mum dished the garri and okra soup.Tears found their way into the soup from mum.
Are you okay mum?I queried.Table manners dad replied.I kept mute but my heart was troubled.I expected dad to talk but he was bland.Mum gave me that look of I am fine.Apparantly she was not.
Dad eat without cutlery for the first time.I got tensed.I made for my glass of water.Due to my worry and absent mindedness,I took that of dad.
He threw the water at me.Get lost,you nincompoop he yelled.I ran out immediately still confused.I heard a wild noise and turned.Dad had turned the glass table which went shattering on the hard tiles. I am sorry,mum said.I had never been this perplexed in my entire existence.Dad was the one at fault.Why should mum be pleading?
I was 10 and the only son.My younger sister died in a fatal accident a day after her 6th birthday.Our school bus ran into a ditch.I still recall how I kept shaking Chisom as though she was asleep.I recall vividly how a red car with a siren took her and two others away.That was the last time I saw Chisom.Mum said she was fine and that we will see her in future. I believed her but if Chisom my sis was fine why was mum crying "why me oh God" when my class teacher brought me home after that incident?Mum always got me lost in the middle of no where.

The scrivener's ink flows.
More episodes coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 2

I felt wet in my lower region.I had got myself wet with urine.I was not on my bed neither was I in my room.I sat up.I had been lying at dad's room door.
In a flash, like a movie I remembered how last night went.Dad had dragged mum into their room.I ran after him and he shut the door in my face.I immediately felt my face.The left side of my eye was swollen and the pain excruciating.
I only heard sounds as though things were falling .I also felt a particular one that was like belt.Funny enough,both were silent. I could only hear myself cry. No one to answer the door which I kept banging at.
The entire place was dark.I only used my instinct to know where I was.I could not leave the point.I felt a rush in my bladder.Another urine.
Mum please come, I cried.I am sorry,please forgive and come.Every where remained silent save for my crying voice. I was far way doomed.
I could not and did not call dad.He had warned me not to call his attention whenever I am crying.Mum told me it was because he cannot stand my tears.I could not figure why dad gave me that warning two years ago,all because I cried to him for car toy.Mum's eyes gave her away when she came up with her own theory in line of dad's reaction.
I tried reaching out to the door knob but my right hand was in pain.I had slept off in the wrong position. Something ran across my tiny legs,I was terrified.
I screamed with anxiety and with all my strength banged the door.Surprisingly,it flew open. Mum's rechargeable was on though faint. I could sight no one.Mum!I screamed hard.My heart raced.I passed urine on my body.It felt hot on my laps.

More episodes coming.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 3

Bumps of sweat enveloped me as urine dripped to the floor.The room looked as though it had been turned upside down.The bed sheet was on the floor.There were stains of blood every where.I stepped back in anxiety. A sharp object pierced my foot.
My goodness!The big mirror has been shattered.What is happening? I thought. Dad's phone rang.He used the popular Nokia ringing tune.I had no choice but answer the call.
Hello!Hello! I kept shouting. The caller was either mute or network was really bad.You little thing,a voice said.I turned immediately to the door.It was dad .His face had never been that void of happiness.
Give me that phone, he shouted.I was shaking. The phone fell of to the floor.He walked to me.I wanted to run but could not.He with fury looked at the broken screen.He smashed the phone on the Samsung plasma TV.I took to my heels.
He threw mum's rechargeable at me.It's weight rested on the door. My heart beat increased that I could hear it.The headache on the left side of my head was as though a Monday hammer was used on my tiny head.I was still crying but tears were denied from me.It could be mine has finished
Junior!Dad yelled.I ran through the passage.Power was restored. Due to the high intensity of the light that pierced my eyes.I stumbled over the small stool. I stood and ran into my room.
I could not lock the door.His step was so noisy that I could predict where he was.I ran into my bathroom.To my greatest bewildment.Someone lay on the floor.Mummy,! I screamed.

More episodes coming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2018
Well done Man!!
This story is going to put me on my toe
O ya keep it coming
Sweet popcorn formyou

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks a bunch Adesina

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
The write up is okay but it's Full of Home Abuse.. Kindly change the plot.. Thanks.
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 7:18am On Jan 27, 2018
Thanks Tosinex especially for your contributions. The story has message to pass ,permit me to continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 5

The red car with light rotating in a glass like cup on top pulled up in front of our house.Passersby were beginning to gather.I remember how mum was covered entirely with a white wrapper.
Even on the flat aluminum she was laid on, her face still faced side ways. Dad was fixed in a position.Tears covered his swollen red face.For the first time,I saw dad cry though silently.I had known him to be a strong man.Whatever is making him cry must be a serious one.In a flash,I loved him and wanted to wipe off his tears.I could not and did not do it.
Mum was rolled into the car. Up till now,my eyes has never set on her.She lives only in my memories and then imaginations. I wish I joined her in the car to where ever she was heading to.
What happened,the aunty mum buys provisions from quizzed me.Dad sniffed hard which got him my attention. His eyes penetrated mine.For a moment ,I was confounded. Dad came and carried me up.It was the first time ever.How good,I felt.
Dad spoke with the driver in a low tune.I heard them but did not understand their discussion. The word "mortuary" dominated in their conversation.The driver later drove off.
Dad with me over his head made for the house. The people that had been standing for long shaking their head kept saying sorry to us.Some were crying just like dad .Mum taught me to say sorry when someone is injured but no one was injured.
Dad refused them entering the house saying we will be fine. Dad took me to the parlor and kept me meticulously on the black couch like a new television set.Mum uncompounded mysteries when ever I was lost just like now.
A felt a worm bite my tiny intestines.I recalled I had not had my cereals since morning. I was missing mum.What's that on your face,dad asked.My hands flew to my face.I was oblivion of the fact I had been crying.

More episodes coming.
Thanks for reading.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Victoroduogu:
Thanks Tosinex especially for your contributions. The story has message to pass ,permit me to continue.
Okay bro, keep it up, thumbs up..

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 6

I quickly wiped off my tears as though I was mopping up spilled water on a rug.Dad was transfixed in a position with his eyes penetrating my heart.I wished I knew why he was starring at me but I was blank.
Will he walk me out the way he did most times?No,mum was not around I thought. He was walking towards me now. My heart raced as it did when I came 3rd last two terms.I knew I was profusely sweating but the AC dried up my sweat of the fear of the unknown.
As he approached me,the magazine in his hand slipped.It's parts flew in different directions.It brought to memory how Chisom and I tore papers and threw them up screaming "Is a wedding day!. I missed Chisom but more so mum.
My now stormy eyes flew to the wall clock.The alarm was ringing.Mum had set the alarm daily at 4 pm for my studies. I soon will be writing my college entrance exams.If I did well,I will be a boarder in Federal Government boys' College Okigwe mum promised. The idea of leaving home always excited me.
Dad did not act as though he heard the alarm.Power supply was restored. The parlour lighted up.The CNN were broadcasting their news. I recalled the uninterpretable episode of the previous night. We had left the TV on.
Although my eyes were fixed on dad,a lot went through my little. mind. He stumbled over a little sized stool and fell.I made to run in no particular direction. He grabbed me. His hands were warm but I felt parky.Goose bumps enveloped me.

More episodes coming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by MhizMero(f): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:17am On Jan 31, 2018
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 8

I nodded my affirmation of my love for dad. Mum had made me to love him. Whenever dad scolds or worse still spanks me,mum approved it saying it was dad's way of expressing his love to me.
I was so famished but I could not and did not relate that to dad.I never have stayed for so long without food. Dad carried me to his bedroom. A bedroom I had entered thrice all my life. He strictly warned me never to find my little self in his bedroom.
He gently lay me on the soft bed. Dad's room was really another world. It was not only cozy but of high aesthetic decoration. I wondered when he arranged the room after what happened between him and mum the previous night.
I knew he was going to make me sleep but that was not on my mind with the terrible hunger. Please dad,I have a request,I said as though a slave was seeking a favour from the master. Go on dad's little boy,he replied. I am hu....ngry,I answered with fear.Oh my boy, pardon dad,he said. He left the room.
I wondered why mum most times slept in my room when they have such a gigantic cool bed. I turned to the wall. A large wallpaper elegantly placed on the wall held my weak eyes. It had a picture of a baby in her mum's back.I imagined myself on mum's back but that was many years ago.
Here we go,a voice said.I turned immediately. Dad had a white tray in his hands.I in a moment became strong. I sat with my legs apart to encircle the tray.
Dad placed the golden mourn cereals before me.I took a spoon without praying.Mum had taught me to pray before eating.I saw lots of sugar cubes.Mum never gave me sugars.Dad,
mum objects my taking sugars I said with pleading eyes."To your room now!"dad yelled.I shivered out of shock.

More episodes coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by izaray(f): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Following
Re: Tormented by emilykang(f): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
Interesting story... Enjoy other interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 9

"To your room now,"his almost feminine voice sounded. Although I knew he had said that quietly now but it thundered in my ears.Anxiety gripped me.I could see the frown on dad's face that I saw each time before he would drag mum into their room and all I will hear is the sound of things falling.
Seeing his face go red,I never knew when my thin,hairless legs set into motion. I had mistakenly turned the tray. Hot water spilled on me and the rest on the bed.I ran to my bed.
I couldn't think straight. Dad came with the cereals.I wondered why only the hot water spilled. He placed it again before me. He gazed at me.His stare passed the command "eat."I didn't think of saying no.That would only be a recipe for disaster.
I took two spoons which would not reach one full spoon when combined. I felt painful worm bite.Mum was right when she said worm bites ones intestines when one consumes lots of sugar. I was hungry and the cereal tasted sweeter than of mum.I could not continue.I looked at dad to read my plight from my misty eyes but his face was now bland.Tears found their way out of my eyes uncontrollably.
I layed on the tiled floor with my tummy.I woke up from a deep sleep.I could not tell how long I had been sleeping.I heard the voice of my form teacher,Mrs Kainde.She was discussing with dad.
I stopped by the parlour door to eavesdrop. He told her aunty Ann took me to her house.Do not believe her aunty,my heart prayed.
Aunty Kainde was the best in my school to me.She taught me that I needed to study harder to come 1st-3rd in my class.She was concerned about all of my classmates.She never flog anyone more than once a term.That once will make up for ones most memorable day at school.
My legs were weak and could not carry my hungry body. I sat on on the floor.It was already late.Dad told her my aunty travelled with me. I never knew when I slept off only to wake up with them staring at me.My heart sank and raced.

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 03, 2018
following, this is interesting.
Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2018
Keep it coming victor
God is your strength
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2018
Thanks a lot pals
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 10

I still felt sleepy but the stifling atmosphere denied me further sleep.I knew I had been sleeping but I noticed I was not on my bed. I made to stand and that was when I got to know I was on dad's body.He was snoring as though he was singing in a bass.
The room looked and smelled grossly different.I felt like throwing up my intestines. I made to leave the bed but my left hand was not free.I needed to empty my bowel.
In my struggle to release myself from the bondage of the rope that had a liquid dripping into my hand,dad woke up.The point of the insertion was bleeding. I watched my blood stain dad's blue shirt and then the white bed sheet.
Dad was speechless and so was I. He gently sat and made me sit on his laps. My bobo,how are you ? He quizzed with an unclear voice and sleepy eyes. I am fine,I answered without even thinking.
A lady in a white gown with red and blue pens in her breast pocket entered the room. Dad greeted her"nurse goodday." I realized we were in the hospital.
She called a cleaner who changed our bed sheet while the nurse made proper the rope which she called IV. Dad took me back in to his laps.
I recalled last night's event. He had left with aunty Kainde after she spent a moment with me. I felt an excruciating pain in my tummy. Worm bite again but this time more painful and consistent."Get. to your room "dad yelled when he came back. I tried to stand but fell. He kicked me in the tummy and that was my last memory for that gruesome night.
Dad planted a kiss on my forehead. The soft,fatherly kiss brought me back to reality.

More episodes coming.

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 11

"My big boy" the nurse said. It was an indicator to my being injected. All of my buttocks had been pierced. I helplessly watched the nurse unpack the syringe. She fixed it and then drew in some liquid into it. The needle terrified me.
You will be fine,dad reassured me. He made me face him while he talked to me. As much as they tried to make the procedure less painful,I felt the pain. You need some fresh air dad said as he got the wheel chair. He placed me on it and wheeled me out.
It was my first time outside the hospital.The environment really smelt and looked different. A mixture of drug and probably blood smell. Men and ladies in white kept passing. Hey,big guy how are you? Most asked. I am fine,I would say even when I could not sit properly due to the injections.
Dr. Wilson came to say his hello. Dad had told me that he was a special doc for kids from America. What's your favourite colour? He queried as dad answered his call. Purple, because I just love it and mum also told me it is a royal colour. To that effect,she addressed me as"my prince"as a pet name. My reply got him amazed and cracked up.
Then came the sad news.Dad had a compulsory training to attend. I was to stay with doc Wilson for the next two weeks. My countenance changed in a split second that even the blind can tell so.My eyes were wet but only I knew.Dad looked unhappy but I could not tell why.
Doc Wilson massaged my back gently yet with sooting pressure. I wished I could see him now but he was at the back. He wishpered into my ears. "My Prince, you will be alright,trust me this once",he said.I felt the love of mum being restored by the gentle breeze that swept across my pale face. The wind echoed her songs in my ears. I wanted to talk but what exactly, I could not say. I looked dumb but my heart were saying and thinking volumes. Thank you sir,I murmured.

More episodes coming.

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 1:29am On Feb 12, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 11

"My big boy" the nurse said. It was an indicator to my being injected. All of my buttocks had been pierced. I helplessly watched the nurse unpack the syringe. She fixed it and then drew in some liquid into it. The needle terrified me.
You will be fine,dad reassured me. He made me face him while he talked to me. As much as they tried to make the procedure less painful,I felt the pain. You need some fresh air dad said as he got the wheel chair. He placed me on it and wheeled me out.
It was my first time outside the hospital.The environment really smelt and looked different. A mixture of drug and probably blood smell. Men and ladies in white kept passing. Hey,big guy how are you? Most asked. I am fine,I would say even when I could not sit properly due to the injections.
Dr. Wilson came to say his hello. Dad had told me that he was a special doc for kids from America. What's your favourite colour? He queried as dad answered his call. Purple, because I just love it and mum also told me it is a royal colour. To that effect,she addressed me as"my prince"as a pet name. My reply got him amazed and cracked up.
Then came the sad news.Dad had a compulsory training to attend. I was to stay with doc Wilson for the next two weeks. My countenance changed in a split second that even the blind can tell so.My eyes were wet but only I knew.Dad looked unhappy but I could not tell why.
Doc Wilson massaged my back gently yet with sooting pressure. I wished I could see him now but he was at the back. He wishpered into my ears. "My Prince, you will be alright,trust me this once",he said.I felt the love of mum being restored by the gentle breeze that swept across my pale face. The wind echoed her songs in my ears. I wanted to talk but what exactly, I could not say. I looked dumb but my heart were saying and thinking volumes. Thank you sir,I murmured.

More episodes coming.
shocked

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 13

I am persuaded to believe that in some way which I cannot place my finger on,dad does read my thought. What about mum? He asked me. I was taken aback,it was the first time dad was bringing up mum subject in our conversation. He stared at me as though to see through my heart if I would be lying.
I cannot tell how life has been dad. I really do miss mum and the thought of her absence gets my eyes wet. Where is mum? I asked softly being careful not to provoke him. It was a question that had rumbled in my heart seeking freedom for eternity. He stood from his chair and came back with a brown envelope. I grabbed it and opened it as though mum was buried in it. Dad halted me. You are to read it when I am away,he said. The thought of him going away got me into the ocean of worry. How was I to cope without mum and dad, I thought. I recalled that mum told me about a letter in the bathroom the day dad in anger turned our glass dining table which got it shattered.
I excused myself for my room to get the letter. Dad continued stocking the bags with clothes and other items. I got the letter in my lowest drawer. Mum told me to read it whenever I turn 15. I hide the letters in my school bag as I packed all of my books into it. I buried my car toy and game in the bag and then walked towards the parlour. Mum's picture frame in the passage caught my worrying mind's attention. I picked the frame up. I hugged it as though it was mum.The glass was broken and just the paper remained. Dad had used it on mum on a Sunday that she and I came back late from church. Mum had a long meeting with the church choir. Dad did not make himself even beverage but defused his hunger bomb on mum.
I sat on the floor with my head buried in the frame. My tears soaked up the pic that the slightest carelessness will cause it tear. Someone gently but persistently knocked on the door. I was never allowed to answer the door. It was out of my job description. Dad answered the door, shuffling his legs along as though he was carrying a cupboard filled with stones. A hearty non-ending laughter issued. It was Doc Wilson.

More episodes coming.
The scriverners ink flows.

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
This is really hear braking story
Well done victor
Let me call my people to join us here
Queenite, Jagugu88li......you people should help me with others
I don't have light here at moment...just manage to call my paddies
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks a lot Adesinia. You inspire me a lot. Would love to chat you up. My number is 07063014709 whatsapp.You can send me your number. Once again thanks a bunch but I am still waiting for my sweet pop corn,I love it so much
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 14

Where is my prince?Doc Wilson called out. My legs were suddenly set into motion as I dried my tears,smiling in pretense to myself. On sighting me, doc Wilson carried me up and rotated so many times that I became afraid. Dad laughed like never before. Finally,he brought me down.
I to an extent forgot my sorrows. Doc Wilson's face radiated handsomeness and tranquility though he was laughing real hard. Dad's flight was in an hours time. In a flash,movements increased like in the market near our house.
He wanted to see my room, which I did took him to. You are really a Prince he said. Thank you,I replied proudly as though I had taken first position for the first time. It was a dream yet to materialize. The papers on the green wall drew his attention. He perused them for long while I stood aimlessly . You are a good writer,he complimented. I felt happy about the accolade he accorded me. Dad never had said anything about my write ups,only mum did. I compelled her to go through my write ups.
Dad called our attention. Doc took off some of my work from the wall as we left the room. Dad was done with the parking. We all started work. I carried my school bag to doc's car. Dad was to take a public transport but doc Wilson was to take him to the airport first. I went for mum's pic frame and that of dad. Mum's own was more important to me.
We entered the car but dad decided to get me my favourite cookie across the road. I kept staring at our house through the window. How I will miss home, I thought.
I was admiring dad's blue shirt as he crossed the road. Then came another event of my life that will not slip my memory.He was hit by a tanker that seemed to have lost control. I watched him go up and then land with his head on the road. The tanker was not in sight. The cookie scattered on the road. Doc rushed me and turned my face but the scene persisted even as I closed my little eyes.

More episodes coming.

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 12:49am On Feb 22, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 15

I felt the release of doc Wilson's grip. I turned to the accident site without delay. Oh my! A red liquid flowed from dad's head. I wished rain would start and wash it all away. Right before my eyes,a black jeep ran over dad and then sped off.
I felt as though my skin was tearing owing to my racing heart beat about to spill the content of my heart. I held my unsteady heart to prevent what I for saw. Doc Wilson jumped out of the car. People already had gathered. Some were even crying but aunty Miss cried the more. She was the seller we got most of our household items from,even the cookie that dad went to buy.
I needed someone to hug and cry on the shoulders but none was available. I could not behold dad's body. The head looked like a corned beef but the colour red. A boy picked up a cookie and ate. The mum slapped and kicked him. I wondered why.
In a short time, doc Wilson carried dad as though he were one big matrass to be burnt into his car. I was dumb founded when he drove off. My eyes were glued to his car till it was out of sight. I wondered when next I would see dad. Chisom and mum the last time I saw them taken away like that had never returned. I feared for dad but more so myself now lost in the middle of nowhere.
I made for our house. A lot of people were discussing in groups. A lot of heads kept turning from one point to the other in disappointment. So many eyes were misted. This is a wicked world, a lady seemingly in her early 20s said. I tried to figure out what next but could not. Dad locked the house and doc was gone. Mum and Chisom existed but in my imaginations. All of a sudden most of the on lookers turned to my direction. That is his son, I heard aunty miss tell them. I left for our backyard. I recalled that mum sometimes kept the bunch of keys under the foot mat. I took it since dad had not removed. I unlocked the door and entered. I closed the iron door. A click sound followed. I shook the door and it was already locked.

More episodes coming.

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2018
this is serious Victor
what is the way out for the poor boy?
So pathetic story you have here

1 Like

Re: Tormented by itsandi(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thank you Adesina,you will be updated bro
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thank you itsandi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aké Arts & Book Festival: 5 Facts You Should Know / 5 Secret Ways To Make Money As A Beginner Freelance Writer / Haters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.