Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Tormented - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tormented (6635 Views)

Story:diary Of A Tormented Husband(a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 16

Hard knocks heavily banged on our iron door then vehement constant pushings. I was immersed in fear that the door may part ways with the hinges. They kept yelling my name to unlock the door but I remained mute in my endless perspiration.

I sat on the kitchen chair mum bought for me years ago. It was just for the kitchen. I would sit quizzing mum incessantly. The part I enjoyed most was testing the cooking food especially draw soup- okra soup. Mum would drop the gummy soup on my palm which I would leak as though it were candy. I would then say there is no salt not exactly knowing whether the soup had salt or not.

My prince! A known voice shouted. I was jolted into action. It was doc Wilson. He me guided till I unlocked the door. He threw me to his broad shoulders the way wheel barrow men threw our rice bag to their should whenever mum took me to market to buy rice.

I wanted to ask about dad but my tongue seemed to have stock to the roof of my mouth. He asked me if I was fine as we left those that had come to call me. I gave the conventional report " I am fine". He patted my back. As we drove off, I fixed my gaze on our house. Dad was no longer in the car. I was leaving with a total stranger. To where in particular eluded me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ride on victor
Sweet popcorn for you for you

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 17

Doc Wilson stopped the car. We were in his house which looked like a palace. He came over and carried me up. He always made me feel bigger than I know I am. Welcome to my humble abode,he sounded into my ears.

A lady opened the brown iron door. Good evening I greeted. She remained quite. I suddenly felt enormous fear grip me. " You are supposed to alert me that you are bringing a boy whose identity I am oblivion of," she blurted. He is cool and I can bet that you will like him in seconds, doc replied. " Those bags are not for him, I hope because he already has overstayed his welcome. I would appreciate it if you took him back from the gutters or ditch where you picked him from," she answered walking out on us."

I rested my head and long aching neck on Doc Wilson. I hoped and wished he would not let me down on the smooth, shiny tiled floor. This innocent boy is an orphan, doc shouted as though she was partially deaf. "Then retrace your wrong steps to the orphanage, he does not and will never belong here," she yelled climbing the endless staircase.

Doc sat me on the golden- coloured cushion. Though soft, it stung me like a scorpion bite. Let me get you water and juice he said leaving. I sprang to my feet and followed. Relax my prince while I serve you, he said. Let me follow you, I replied. He held out his hand and I gladly planted my tiny hands into his. I felt a bit safe as we walked out of the parlour to the other room.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 17

A slap on my leg first then I was dragged off the bed to the floor. Sleep evaporated from my eyes and I was filled with excruciating pains. My tooth had pierced my lower lip and it bled badly. My right arm with which I landed with gave a sound as though a piece of dry wood was broken to make fire.

You spoiled brat, is that how your irresponsible mother trained, rather messed up your life, aunty Uju yelled. I could feel the coolness of the morning. I belched which reminded me of last night meal, white yam and stew with lots of onions. I am sorry aunty, I responded. " Now march your sorry self to the kitchen" she replied. With all the strength I had I managed to stand, I would do anything to avoid further kicks or hits.

She pushed me into a seat. "Need I remind you that you are to wash all those plates?" She queried. I was perplexed. In the house, I washed plates while Chisom rinsed until the day Chisom never came back. I washed but smaller plates. The big pots and large breakables scared me to death. I started with the cups, it was the number one rule for washing plates according to mum, cups first. A slap thundered into my ear that I felt deaf for some seconds. " You fool, do you know how much that liquid soap cost that you want to use it all to wash these few plates." She shouted. Sorry kept rolling out of my mouth with my cheek swollen. Tears ran down my cheek to my soapy hands then into the large washing basin.

I washed the plates for about two hours. During inspection, she corrected with knocks. I swept with my left hand, my right was almost immobile laden with pains. I rubbed the lux soap on some part of my body and flooded myself with water. I could not sponge myself.

Two cream crackers with a cup of Lipton served for my breakfast. I was to it my meals in less than five minutes. I gulped the hot Lipton despite the hotness. "Time up,"she said. Two pieces of my biscuits remained so I took it. She drew me out of the chair, grabbed the biscuit and ordered me to smash it with my foot. I did, I swept the entire parlor again and washed my cup.

A tender kiss on my forehead made me stop sobbing. Doc was back. He smelled of mixture of drugs and the peculiar hospital smell. "Your secondary school entrance exam is in two weeks," he said. I made to sit but could not. My right hand has swollen twice it's size. I was shivering from cold, it had started during the plate washing. My cheek was still swollen. "You are not okay, what happened," he questioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 19

I remained mute and in a heart beat, fear gripped me. Doc left in anger. I heard heavy footsteps and impatient voices thundered. "My roof cannot shelter you this night." Doc yelled and that jerked me out of the bed.

I limped to the parlour. Aunty was shouting at doc. and to my uttermost surprise doc. slapped her. He called the security man who pushed her away with her luggage. My body trembled out of fear. My head ached with veins dilated on my forehead. His piercing eyes diverted direction to me. I faced down.

He carried me off the ground to the car speechless. He drove to the hospital and on his examination bed I received treatment from him. He maintained his stern face and his questions were direct. He gave me the last injection and that was the last thing I remembered.

Light penetrated my closed eyes. I squinted and gradually opened my eyes. It was my room in doc's house. The lister had just been put on. My left arm was bandaged. I felt dizzy that I closed back my eyes wishing to sleep more. The pat on my back got me fully awake. His face radiated his apology.

He sat on my bed and made me sit in between. He fed me from the plate of white rice, vegetable sauce and fresh fish. He must have prepared it because he smelt of spices. "My prince, I am very sorry for all what you went through. Forgive me for not being there for you."Doc said. Liquid formed in my eyes and in a moment flooded. I hugged him loosely feeling mild pain in my left arm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
This story is a thriller, pls update often biko...

4 Likes

Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update ooooooooo

Some women can b something x sha. Haba

God bless

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
Thanks chivera and skubido. I am eternally grateful

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 20

Things took a different turn during my recuperation. My school teacher had managed to get to doc. The national exam to enter secondary school was one week away. My form teacher had registered me in my absence.

"You are sure going to sit for that exam and also make good grades." Doc said. Although I could walk, he brought me a wheelchair. " I am your home driver," he said driving me to the parlour. New text books lay on the table. I recognized some while some looked perfectly strange." I have taken permission at the hospital to be one week off," he said sitting on the couch. From that Monday we started intense study. We read, did exercises, solved endless math and grandiloquent dictations followed.

Uncle as I called him had his way of life which I had to adjust to with immediate effect. Toothpaste were to be three- quarter of the brush. I brushed twice. Cookies were replaced with fruits. Cookies are not for Princes, he would say throwing an apple to me. I bathed twice, hot water in the morning and cold shower at night. I observed 2 hours afternoon sleep daily. We played ball during game time and worked in his little garden.

We did more of English, it was the most difficult for me. On Wednesday night, he told me he was doing TDB which he interpreted as"till day break." He was to eat my breakfast if I slept and same for him. I had studied till past 1am when he sent me to get orange juice from the kitchen. I playfully sat on the floor. I woke up to a smiling face. I had slept off in the kitchen while doc studied on the kitchen dining till morning. I was amazed and at same time felt like a loser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 16, 2018
lol, nice and funny update.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update.

More plz.....

God blesd

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 21

Tears blurred my vision. The large place was just plain with innumerable monuments. I had so disturbed doc about mum, dad and Chisom my only sibling that he promised me to take me to see them after my exams on Saturday. Dad and mum's names were written on crosses made with white tiles. He had given me two flowers which I could not tell what they were for.

He held my hand as we both faced the monuments. "I am sorry my Prince, I could not lie to you. Mum and dad are dead and were buried here. Chisom too is dead but I could not get where she was buried. I promised myself that I will see to your happiness and wellbeing all my life," doc said amidst tears.

" So I will never see them again?" I queried. "You will my prince, but that will be in another world," he replied. I could not wrap my head around what he meant by another world. I placed each flower on each grave. He said a prayer before we made our way out. There were thousands of similar monuments around. The pictures placed at the grave seemed to have been used to decorate all walls and even the roads. We drove back in silence to the house.

A courier delivered an envelope to doc during our super. He appended his signature after collecting the white envelope. " I am utterly disappointed Victory," he said with furrows forming on his forehead after studying the content of the envelope. His calling me my name got me fidgeting. Look at this, he screamed showing me the envelope as though I had suddenly gone blind. I squeezed my eyes hard collecting the paper.
Suddenly, I knocked my tea over and it spilled.

I ran to my room. My heart raced and my mind lost focus. " Open this door at the count of 1," he said. I unlocked it ASAP.

He dragged me to the parlour where 7pm news was broadcast. I felt myself jumping out of my skin. I had come third in the state and would be interviewed on the television in 3 days time. I had also won a life time scholarship. Doc squatted before me," you have made us all proud," he said embracing me as though I was lost for endless ages. I wondered what he meant by "all."

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
Well done Victor
I have shared the last 4 posts, so be expecting visitors as from now
Sweet popcorn for you.

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nice update. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
Thanks a lot pals, I am eternally grateful
Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
Wow. Tanks a lot boss

More

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 3:28am On Apr 20, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 22

On the same Tuesday that I was to be interviewed by the state radio and television broadcasting cooperation, doc got an emergency call. We had about an hour to the scheduled interview time. He decided to get to the office first.

I waited in his office while he answered his Chief Medical Director. Some of the nurses recognized me. I was now well apparently and even have recovered from the last ailment which they knew nothing about. I beamed greeting them all. " This boy is cute,"a female nurse told a male nurse.

There has been an emergency transfer. The Calabar university teaching hospital needed an experienced paediatrician. There was a disease outbreak among the children. Doc had objected but the fact that many innocent kids would die made him have a change of mind. Two security men came in parking his property. He gave instructed and sometimes scolded them that my heart missed beats. He kept returning the warm, sad goodbye from all. His bright eyes had reddened and was misty but tears never dropped.

The state broadcasting station gate was under lock and key. A mango hawker told doc, they were on strike. Doc started the engine immediately as though he was expecting the news. " Sometimes I wonder if this country has a future and more so I pity the young ones because I cannot imagine their future let alone hope," he said more to himself.

In two hours time, we were on our way to Calabar. We picked few things from the house. Take the best of everything doc said, they will increase my pay and we will go for shopping. I remembered the day dad was travelling which was the last time I saw him. We drove past our house. The screeching of the car brought me back to reality. Doc wiped my tears. "Is a promise that I will not let you down," he said. I grinned as he drove off again.[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 20, 2018
Following.

5 Likes

Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 10:57am On Apr 20, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update

Plz make it long dis time oooo

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 23

The university teaching hospital was calm and welcoming. The breeze and well branched trees made me fall in love with nature immediately. The trees were in line that my brains could not stop wondering how such interesting feat was achieved.

We were given accommodation in the doctors' quarters. A big parlour and two other smaller rooms. The house would be claustrophobic, the former house was bigger. All the same the furniture were beautiful and the house colourful.

Doc answered his ringing phone and had to leave. "Duty calls," he said. "It would have been my pleasure to take you around, but then you need to rest and I really need to know about the disease," he added. His words were filled with love. I understood him perfectly but to watch him leave made me sad.

I sat at the dining. He had left me with lots of edibles that I was perplexed and found it difficult to make a choice. In a moment. The quiet street and neighborhood became noisy. There were shouts and heavy footsteps running as though without bearing. I looked through the window, what I saw made my heart flutter.

3 Likes

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 24

My body shook from fear that I held the window tightly. Many were running not minding the fallen bodies they were stepping on. Cries sounded from all directions.

I answered doc's phone for the first time against his instruction. "Go nowhere, I will be......!" It was doc. I could not make out his last words. He sounded as though it was his last phone call ever. The door shook, someone was knocking and kicking at the door. It was so violent that the walls vibrated. The phone slipped and could not come on.

I heard the loudest noise in my life. The door has been broken. I rushed to lock the parlour door. My body especially my hands were shaky. Someone kicked the door and I was pushed backwards. " Your dad is a doc?" The voice of the slim man but with a deep voice thundered. I was mute. His masked face made my eyes water. He held my shirt and pulled me up. Half way, the cloth tore and I landed with my head.

The second man who had been silent carried me up. He walked outside and threw me into a car. Someone in the car tied my eyes and filled my mouth with what seemed like a wrapper. I heard the screeching of the tyre as the car drove off.

4 Likes

Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2018
Haaaa, what's this ke.

Tanks 4d update

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 28, 2018
I don't understand dis sha....

What crime did doctor commit ?

Thanks for the update Mr. Victor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
This is serious Victor
Does it mean the boy is created to suffer in his life?
Following

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
Thanks a lot pals, I am grateful you guys are following. The story is quite tragic but then life is really not easy on any one just that what we go through in life differs.

1 Like

Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Victoroduogu:
Thanks a lot pals, I am grateful you guys are following. The story is quite tragic but then life is really not easy on any one just that what we go through in life differs.

No so sha

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 25

After what seemed like forever, the car halted. Someone lifted me and made move to where I could not tell. I heard them make calls to the hospital's customer care. They described my physic to the hospital and also told them that in 30 minutes time they would send them my head to them if my dad do not respond.

My eyes were open yet I could not see and the band on my eyes were so tight that I could not blink. My mouth ached due to the wrapper in my mouth. My bones were so weak I could not lift a finger.

In about 30 minutes, doc called back. He insisted on talking with me. The phone was on loud speaker. Someone removed the wrapper forcefully and that bruised my upper lip. "My prince!" He called. I felt him choke with tears. I cried.

One of the cultists had been shot in a clash with another group. The first hospital they went to refused to treat him. In anger, they attacked all hospitals around. They gave doc 1 hour to come with all needed to treat the guy who they called "B for bastard." "Your time starts now, the caller said and ended the call.
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 1:39pm On May 01, 2018
TORMENTED
EPISODE 26

My eyes were untied. I squinted, the light rays hungrily penetrated my eyes. There were 8 guys with a lady in the room. She looked and dressed more like a man. I looked into her eyes but they were devoid of emotions. She practically had been drained of the milk of human kindness.

We were in a house that looked so big that I felt I was lost. The smoke from their cigarettes wafted through the entire house. Their slangs left me in the middle of nowhere. They had kept telling doc not to involve the police else, one soul will go. I knew they were referring to me. They directed doc through phone calls.

I was utterly amazed when I turned back. One of them lay lifeless. He must have been the one that was shot. He was slim but he had the face of a giant. Though his eyes were closed, they terrified me that I turned off my gaze.

The phone beeped. They all gathered. One of them of them volunteered to take their member to doc who was to carry out a surgery on the guy. From the moment he took the body, a video would be put on throughout the process. He was to go to a doc friend's hospital for the treatment. The face of the patient was to be masked and every apparatus used was to be returned to them.

Doc asked to see me. I saw doc in his car with his perspiring face. The most huge guy who I suspect should be their leader brought out a syringe filled with a white liquid. " You have 6 hours to complete this process else, this little thing will be drugged," he said pointing at me. He ended the call.
Re: Tormented by skubido(m): 2:56pm On May 01, 2018
Nawa ooooo. Frm 1 tin to d other,

Dey follow u sha, more

Tanks a lot 4d update. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Tormented by Adesina12: 4:28pm On May 01, 2018
skubido:
Nawa ooooo. Frm 1 tin to d other,

Dey follow u sha, more

Tanks a lot 4d update. Jah bless
Pls share this story for the people that follows you be aware of it.

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by Missmossy(f): 6:19pm On May 01, 2018
Interesting piece, keep it coming. Thumbs up to the writer.
Re: Tormented by Victoroduogu(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2018
Thanks a lot my great pals. More episodes surely will come

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aké Arts & Book Festival: 5 Facts You Should Know / 5 Secret Ways To Make Money As A Beginner Freelance Writer / Thread for all James Hadley Chase Books In PDF Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.