Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year (4769 Views)

Ramsey Noah's 45th Birthday Cake / Victor Osuagwu Honoured As Nollywood Comic Actor Of The Year At FENI In Abuja / Kenneth Okonkwo Receives Democracy Nollywood Actor Of The Year! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by aloyemeka2: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2010
Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year
Home | Entertainment | Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year
Font size: Published 12/04/2010 19:56:00 Nigeria Films

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=logs/4119_ramsey_nouah_492711626.jpg&size=article_small[/img]
RAMSEY NOAH
Popular Nollywood actor Ramsey Noah on Saturday emerged the Best Actor of the year at the African Movie Academy (AMAA) Award held in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital.

The award was for his spectacular performance in the flick, The Figurine, which also emerged the best film of the year.
The sixth AMAA award was witnessed by an array of movie stars from Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and the Diaspora. Two American movie stars, Ms C.C.H Pounder and Glynn Turner, also attended the event.
Nollywood acts alone carted away nine of the twenty-four awards handed out including Cinematography and Visual Effects of the year won by the film The Figurine.
Ghanaian, Ugandan and Kenyan movie industries also proved that they had a considerable acting and production talents as they carted away awards in eleven categories including the Best Actress of the year won by the duo of Ashaku Mensa-Doku and Lydia Forson in a movie The Perfect picture.
In his speech, Governor Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa said though the economy of the state and indeed the nation needed all the revenue that could be accruable, his administration is convinced its investment in the AMAA is not wasted as the award has shown to the world that the state and the Niger Delta is safe and ready for tourism, which is the new forte for Bayelsa.
Sylva noted that the continued hosting of the event would encourage the anticipated investors to come to the state to invest and also come into a Public-Private Partnership initiative with the state government.
This administration places huge importance on arts and culture for the promotion of the African values. We will encourage home grown talents.
Beyond the glamour of the award, it is expected that the talents discovered would be used to correct the wrong impression about the African continent. I hope they would be used to switch the paradigm from the negative to the positive story of the African people and culture.
Use it to tell the story that Bayelsa State is safe for investors to come, he said.

The Chairman of the state Hosting Committee and Director-General of the Tourism Bureau, Mr. Nathan Egba, said the state shares a mutually benefiting relationship with the AMMA organization, which has helped to promote the fielding tourism industry of the state over the years.
Addressing the huge gathering of movie stars, producers and politicians, the representative of the Group Executive Director, Communications of the United Bank of Africa (UBA), Mr. Charles Aigbe, said the relationship between the bank and AMAA award had hit three years and the partnership was in furtherance of the firm belief of the bank in the promotion of the African culture through the movie industry.
In her comment on the noticeable developments in the African Movie industry, the Chairperson of the Award Jury Committee, Keith Shiri, said though the number of entries for the awards for 2010 increased with over 280 entries received for 24 categories, the harsh economic condition grossly affected the industry with a reduction in film production and exit of professionals from the industry.
Shiri, however, noted that the few movies produced and submitted for entry for the award showed an improvement in technical and production expertise and increased number of the involvement of the women behind the cameras

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/index.php?news=9126
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by mamagee3(f): 1:45am On Apr 14, 2010
He didn't deserve it.
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by duality(m): 2:21am On Apr 14, 2010
who gives a ∫џ©k
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by dlox01(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2010
i think he did,
iv watched him act alongside some other actors n hez better than all of them, Van Vicker, n bla bla bla
im sorry if i broke your hearts but i feel he deserves it!!
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by ochallo: 11:59am On Apr 14, 2010
award shows in nigeria are usualluy so boring and rowdy, with so many speeches and unprofessionality displayed at the awards, no script and everything just looks like a campus award show
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by sammytb(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
thumps up 2him,
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by parislomo(f): 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
That's good. He should get an award for GUILTY PLEASURES as well!! cool
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
dlox01:

i think he did,
iv watched him act alongside some other actors n hez better than all of them, Van Vicker, n bla bla bla
You can not even compare him to Van and this is coming form a die hard fan of Van Vicker. The only Ghanaian
actore that is close to Ramsey in acting is Majid Micheal, I have never been a big fan of Ramsey, but I have
always being a fan of his acting, he is one of the finest actor we have. I thought he got this award
for his prefromance in guilty pleasure? He were quite spectacular in that role.
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by toideve(m): 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2010
dlox01:

i think he did,

Van Vicker is a small boy compare to Ramsey Noah in fact, its an insult to compare the two. Comparing Van Vicker and Majid Michael make more sense and in my own opinion i go for Majid, he's acting is real i think Vicker is fake. I agree with you
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by googles: 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2010
Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year

hmmmmm Ramsey nouah ?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by chelseabmw(m): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Congrats man, well done[/size]
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Chrisdonca(m): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2010
The guy is just too  good for any role in any movie. He is the rightful person to be given that award. [color=#990000][/color]

Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by otukpo(f): 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
CONGRATS TO HIM
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by splashbaby(m): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2010
COngratulation to a hard working man!
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by THEAMAKA(f): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
he is a pleasure to watch on the screen, brings life to all of his characters, very eloquently spoken. . .
he deserves it.
smiley
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by platinumnk(f): 12:45am On Apr 15, 2010
My Baby!!! Loved him since my teenage years kiss kiss
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Cmiller(m): 2:06am On Apr 15, 2010
Naija movies una stil get hope of anytin since ur actresses ar now pros in prostitutional biz dz dayz dt even @ posters u can c dia boobs flyin so hw can de win best actress,lt dia b a shot 4 best nude actress.4 mi i dnt watch nollywood n who wins dnt boda mi.n na only dem sabi act 4 ova 140million homemade Naija citizen?,

Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Damysa(f): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2010
Though Van is good, its an insult to compare him with Ramsey. Ramsey have been paying his 'dues' van just came in y'day?

For Ramsey Noah, this award is long over-due
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by parislomo(f): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2010
toideve:

Van Vicker is a small boy compare to Ramsey Noah in fact, its an insult to compare the two. Comparing Van Vicker and Majid Michael make more sense and in my own opinion i go for Majid, he's acting is real i think Vicker is fake. I agree with you

I so concur. The few films I've seen Van Vicker in, I thot he was woken up from sleep to come take his lines. And the few I've seen Majhid in I really felt him come alive.

In all, I give it to Ramsey any day.
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by elelem(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2010
The award is long over due. Any way more grease to your already greased elbow Ramseh,
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by ladyju(f): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
I think he deserved it
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Linguist(f): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
he does deserve it, true grin
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Rmc1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2010
Congratulations ramsey, he is a very good actor, acts quality films. he deserves the award .
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by bee444: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2010
You cannot be a ROMANCE actor and win the 'Actor of the year award'. That's just so appalling! You have to be an all rounder. Don't get me wrong, he's a good actor, but not that great.

He uses mellifluous voices and chooses his words[b] too carefully[/b] in almost all his films (unlike Bob manuel Ndukwe, a very true actor) and they're all identical. You could almost predict the end of most of his movies, no suspense at all.

I think the award should have gone to this guy, oh i forgot his name now; not that tall, short, fair, and have this guy that looks just like him, just that his a bit taller.
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by londoner: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2010
@Bee444, Ramsey was given the award because of his performance in a particluar movie.

Here is the trailer of the movie 'The Figurine'. Its not the usual run of the mill Nollywood film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbtcwK_KQ4o

Nollywood is certainly improving.
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by bee444: 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2010
I guess so @londoner. I went to see that film at the IndigO2 while I was in London. It was different to the usual traditional trends of films I've seen before. Though, It lacked picture quality, I however did enjoyed it. Well done to him sha[quote][/quote]
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by ochukoeja(f): 8:50am On Apr 17, 2010
And so? Is it not still nollywood. Give me the oscars any day any time. At least there's more drama on and off screen.
Re: Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year by Nizoral(f): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2010
Nt a die hard fan of ramsey bt he sure deserves it. Fel in lv wif him wit his role in guilty pleasures.

(1) (Reply)

Oh My Hotness!actress Chioma Toplis Strips Down To Her Lingerie In $exy New FOTO / Linda Ikeji Turns Down $2m Partnership Investment / Chioma Bares Cleavage As She Party With Davido (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.