Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 (2581 Views)

Ford Edge Vs. Infiniti FX35 / (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House / Maintenance: Highlander 2005 Vs RX330 2005...advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by barrydee(m): 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good day house,
You will all agree with me that Nissan Murano (2003-2007) is still a very beautiful CUV that can still be placed almost in the same category with Lexus Rx330 & d Ford Edge. The difference between a Murano and the cars just mentioned is the Price. This is my personal opinion because the Murano has a very stylish interior, Bose sound system and other amazing features that can complete with other SUVs.
However, Nissan Murano has a poor 2nd hand value in Nigeria with a clean fairly used one going for 700k or less while the Toks is 1.3-1.5 Mill.
The reason being that people are scared of the complicated & fragile CVT transmission which many have been a victim of. The true fact is when the Car was introduced to Nigeria in 2004, the early birds who bought it serviced their transmissions with ATF fluid instead of using the CVT fluid made for the gearbox thereby damaging their transmission system. This didn't go well for the owners as replacing the CVT transmission cost a fortune (about 450k) hence the stereotype.

The Nissan Murano uses a 3.5L Nissan engine(almost same found in pathfinder& infinity Qx4) which has been proven to be very durable.
My Questions are:
-Is Nissan Murano a good ride?
-Are there Nissan Murano owners in the house who can tell is how they are coping with this lovely Baby as regards maintenance cost, reliability issues etc?
-What are the measures put in place to prevent this Ride from falling apart.
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by kingbee90: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
You are right OP! I fell in love with Nissan Murano the day i test drove it. The torque and HP is something else. The Murano was and still a lovely Ride just that our people here in Naija have a bad maintenance culture.
Maintenance is just the key.

Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by AnodaIT(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mention Murano to our mechanics, all you would hear is gear box

Good analysis you gave her, how about Ford Edge , I used to love that SUV design

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by barrydee(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ford Edge is another well designed Suv with no common issue I can think of but our main focus here is the Nissan Murano.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by sonety2k(m): 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
You can go for the Ford Edge ..

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by ivoryhouse(m): 12:33am On Jan 21, 2018
The Nissan Murano is an amazing CUV and is really durable if the recommended fluids are used. The Ford Edge on the other hand can develope faults at the drop of a hat (things can break without notice). The lexus is well, a lexus. grin

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by barrydee(m): 5:25am On Jan 21, 2018
ivoryhouse:
The Nissan Murano is an amazing CUV and is really durable if the recommended fluids are used. The Ford Edge on the other hand can develope faults at the drop of a hat (things can break without notice). The lexus is well, a lexus. grin

Nice one. I still see many Nissan Muranos on our roads despite the stereotype.
If using the right fluids is the key, how about electrical issues? cuz I heard the sensors can fail without warning. How true is that?
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by Aldebaran(m): 6:18am On Jan 21, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by oblo(m): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2018
No need to comment here. Just check out my comments on the murano with other threads. grin

Summary. Very reliable ride.
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by oblo(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2018
barrydee:

Nice one. I still see many Nissan Muranos on our roads despite the stereotype.
If using the right fluids is the key, how about electrical issues? cuz I heard the sensors can fail without warning. How true is that?

A sensor is a sensor on the murano or other rides. Same way it can fail on a murano is same on other rides with sensors.
grin

Treat your murano right and you no get wahala. Mine is still on same engine and gear.. 5 years counting

5 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by barrydee(m): 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
oblo:

A sensor is a sensor on the murano or other rides. Same way it can fail on a murano is same on other rides with sensors.
grin

Treat your murano right and you no get wahala. Mine is still on same engine and gear.. 5 years counting

Wow 5 yrs! nice one. How do you maintain your gear? How often do you change or top your CVT transmission oil? Please share with us Sir.
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by ivoryhouse(m): 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
Try and avoid the first generation of the Murano, 2008 and upwards may be your best bet
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by sultaan(m): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Haha, my brother why are you imagining faults you have not seen just because it Is an American brand
Re: Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 by oblo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
barrydee:

Wow 5 yrs! nice one. How do you maintain your gear? How often do you change or top your CVT transmission oil? Please share with us Sir.

Bros as for gear maintenance no two timing at all. Use authentic Nissan cvt NS2 always. I change at least once a year. As the tin don cost now and fuel wahala ratio of use don change o grin

(1) (Reply)

Between Peugeot 206 Automatic And Manual Transmission / Hire Purchase Business:how Safe Is It? / Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.