Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

(peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House (1792 Views)

John Cena Vs Ford: Ford Never Told Me Not To Flip My GT For Profit -john Cena / Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 / Dodge Challenger RT Vs Ford Mustang GT! Which Would You Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 2:54am On Jan 06, 2021
Please, I have an option to choose between these 2 cars that I am going to share the image below. They are Peugeot 807 and Ford Focus old model.

I don't have much information about them except that they are in a good condition and also foreign used. Other info I have is that the Peugeot 807 is with Diesel engine while Ford has Fuel engine and they are both manual transmission.

Put yourself in my shoe, if you were asked to choose between the 2, which one would you go for with reasons.

Thanks in advance.

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 2:56am On Jan 06, 2021
here is the ford focus

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by 1Alex: 4:44am On Jan 06, 2021
The two vehicles are not in the same league. The 807 is not a small boys' vehicle.

But With my little knowledge of Peugeot vehicles,that diesel engine is a turnoff. Lack of diesel engine mechanics may force you to change the engine to petrol. I will advise you to go for the Ford.

Meanwhile, I drive peugeot. I have been using Peugeot since 2012.

2 Likes

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2021
1Alex:
The two vehicles are not in the same league. The 807 is not a small boys' vehicle.

But With my little knowledge of Peugeot vehicles,that diesel engine is a turnoff. Lack of diesel engine mechanics may force you to change the engine to petrol. I will advise you to go for the Ford.

Meanwhile, I drive peugeot. I have been using Peugeot since 2012.
Thanks for your input, more advice needed.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2021
Need more opinions on this pls
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2021
Still waiting
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2021
hello
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
Hello
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Eldemmi(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2021
ford will be better,it is a gasoline engine also Ford focus more common than Peugeot 807 this tell you that repairing the Ford should be easier than 807 in terms of technicians and parts.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Eldemmi:
ford will be better,it is a gasoline engine also Ford focus more common than Peugeot 807 this tell you that repairing the Ford should be easier than 807 in terms of technicians and parts.
Thanks for your input.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by emmancecute(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
just go for the Ford focus jene and avoid the 807 diesel engine wahala. I drive peug and I don't think we have competent hands for diesel engines.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
emmancecute:
just go for the Ford focus jene and avoid the 807 diesel engine wahala. I drive peug and I don't think we have competent hands for diesel engines.
Thanks for you advise
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by samuelson06(m): 1:39am On Jan 08, 2021
Don't choose any of them. Don't start driving with cars that are too backward. Save more and get something better. Trust me, it won't be long before any of these become a total turnoff for you. There are good cars from 1.2M using amdman or 600-1M within Nigeria. Don't buy a car that doesn't even have a design.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2021
samuelson06:
Don't choose any of them. Don't start driving with cars that are too backward. Save more and get something better. Trust me, it won't be long before any of these become a total turnoff for you. There are good cars from 1.2M using amdman or 600-1M within Nigeria. Don't buy a car that doesn't even have a design.
i will go with you one this sir, its better he saves more and get sumtin that he would have piece of mind in the long run.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by babyboy4every1: 1:28am On Jan 09, 2021
807 is 7 seaters and it is a very strong car. Since it is a foreign used, it will definately serve yiu when taken care of properly. But you will definitely need to repair it no matter how long it serves you, yhen problem arise in getting part. Anuway, i would advice you to look for VW Sharan if yoi are using it for transport.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 3:32am On Jan 09, 2021
babyboy4every1:
807 is 7 seaters and it is a very strong car. Since it is a foreign used, it will definately serve yiu when taken care of properly. But you will definitely need to repair it no matter how long it serves you, yhen problem arise in getting part. Anuway, i would advice you to look for VW Sharan if yoi are using it for transport.
Thanks a lot, I am not planning to use it for transportation but personal use only, however, my brother is the one who used both of the vehicles and asked me to choose from the 2, the shipping and clearing will be taking care of by him. It's a free gift and I am not going to tell him that I don't need any of them but will definitely choose one.

1 Like

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by babyboy4every1: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2021
If it's for personal use, then go for the ford. Non-Availability of parts for the pegeout Diesel is the problem. Don't think twice, go for the Ford.

1 Like

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Kingdemu: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2021
Since it is a free gift with shipping and clearing to be taken care of by your bro, if you have some extra cash to play around with, get the 807 and sharply convert it to a petrol engine on arrival. I believe someone like Ikenna can perfectly do that or at least guide you to where you can get it perfectly carried out. Dem go still buy the diesel engine it came with thereby augmenting the cash you'll spend in the conversion process. 807 is a strong car and it's stylishly sculptured. Goodluck
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by emmancecute(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kingdemu:
Since it is a free gift with shipping and clearing to be taken care of by your bro, if you have some extra cash to play around with, get the 807 and sharply convert it to a petrol engine on arrival. I believe someone like Ikenna can perfectly do that or at least guide you to where you can get it perfectly carried out. Dem go still buy the diesel engine it came with thereby augmenting the cash you'll spend in the conversion process. 807 is a strong car and it's stylishly sculptured. Goodluck
except done by a competent hand, that is the beginning of the end of the vehicle
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Kingdemu: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
emmancecute:
except done by a competent hand, that is the beginning of the end of the vehicle
That was why I recommended that he contacts an expert for that
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kingdemu:
Thanks a lot, this option is preferable because I really don't like the Ford, I want the big 807 with enough space that kids can relax and play inside
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by babyboy4every1: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2021
If you really want the 807. You don't need to convert it on arrival at all. You can use it more than 2 years b4 any Major fault can set in. You can therefore think of conversion. Someone is using one hundai diesel jeep for over three years now and it still going strong. Go for the 807 and maintain it properly, you will enjoy it
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Kingdemu: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
I also believe if you maintain the 807 wella you can put some decent miles on it for a year or two before a major fault that will force you to convert can set in. Truth is if I were in your shoes I'll not for a second consider the Ford Focus. Even if it means I get the 807 then butcher it and sell it in parts and use the money to get a decent car, I'll do just that. Go for the 807. If you were in Kaduna it would have been a walk in the park for you maintaining the 807 even with the stock diesel engine.

1 Like

Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
Kingdemu:
I also believe if you maintain the 807 wella you can put some decent miles on it for a year or two before a major fault that will force you to convert can set in. Truth is if I were in your shoes I'll not for a second consider the Ford Focus. Even if it means I get the 807 then butcher it and sell it in parts and use the money to get a decent car, I'll do just that. Go for the 807. If you were in Kaduna it would have been a walk in the park for you maintaining the 807 even with the stock diesel engine.

Thanks to you all for your contributions. I always preferred the 807 and will go for it because if you check the market value the 807 is still more expensive than the Ford if I decide to sell and buy another one
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by babyboy4every1: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
You might find it difficult to sell because of the Diesel engine. Nigerians dont like diesel engined car. Collect it, and maintain it according to manufacturer's specifications. You will enjoy it for years b4 you can convert to petrol as adviced.
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by Everest9(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
babyboy4every1:
You might find it difficult to sell because of the Diesel engine. Nigerians dont like diesel engined car. Collect it, and maintain it according to manufacturer's specifications. You will enjoy it for years b4 you can convert to petrol as adviced.
Sure, am not planning to sell it
Re: (peugeot 807 VS Ford Focus) Urgent Help Needed From Car Gurus In The House by 1Alex: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2021
samuelson06:
Don't choose any of them. Don't start driving with cars that are too backward.

Calling Peugeot 807 a backward vehicle clearly shows you don't know what you are saying.

(1) (Reply)

Coscharis Disappointed Me Big Time / Q5e 2021 / High Engine Reving In Mitsubishi Carisma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.