Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Here Is The Best Way To Cook Delicious Pilau - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Here Is The Best Way To Cook Delicious Pilau (560 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is The Best Way To Cook Delicious Pilau by Veriongroup: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
Pilau is one of the most popular dishes in Kenyan homes. A wedding without Pilau on the menu is a no no. It is a coastal dish served with Kachumbari. It can be cooked with beef, chicken, mutton, soya etc.

Serves 3-4

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cook Time: 36 mins

Ready In: 46 mins

Ingredients:

• 1 cup rice (500g)

• 2 large onions

• 1 clove crushed garlic

• 1 crushed ginger

• 20g pilau masala

• ¼ cup vegetable oil

• ½ kg cubed beef

• 1¾ cups cold water

• Salt to taste

Directions:

In a cooking pot, fry onions until cooked (but not burnt – this give color to the end product), add garlic, ginger, salt, pilau masala, allow to cook for 2-3 mins, add meat and let cook until meat is cooked.

Pour in the rice, stir to combine the meat with the rice, add the 1 ¾ cups water and bring to a boil over high heat with the cooking pot uncovered. Once the water level has gone down, lower the heat, cover with foil paper or brown kitchen paper and cook for a further 2-3 mins or until water has dried up. Turn of your heat, fluff the rice and set aside for about 5 mins. Serve with Kachumbari.

Full article available here
http://fashverion.xyz/here-is-the-best-way-to-cook-delicious-pilau/
Re: Here Is The Best Way To Cook Delicious Pilau by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
I don't know what masala is,but I am damn sure it's tastes delicious.
Re: Here Is The Best Way To Cook Delicious Pilau by Veriongroup: 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
ReneeNuttall:
I don't know what masala is,but I am damn sure it's tastes delicious.

Yea it does
Re: Here Is The Best Way To Cook Delicious Pilau by kingreign(m): 4:57am On Jan 21, 2018
Was expecting detailed steps and picture or even a YouTube video.

(1) (Reply)

5 Foods For Maintaining Good Vision / Christmas Meal Idea... Best Party Foods / How To Make Puff Puff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.