Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,564 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) (40705 Views)

Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours / See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:37pm On Mar 03
A lady is trending online after cooking rubbish for her family claiming she only knows how to cook for herself.

Heres what her family has to say and peoples reaction to what she cooked.

Meanwhile it is very important to start teaching a girl child how to cook quite early in life. By age 9 I've started cooking. As in.. I'll go to the market then obalende market after returning from school o, we would go with a small list and buy soup items, come and still prepare it on my Moms directives. Family food o.

By the time I was ten, I no longer needed assistance. Once you're coming back from school just know you're the one going to the market and because I love food a lot it's me they'll always send to that market if I like make I knack my head for wall my Mom will tell you when you're done scattering everywhere, the money is behind the table clock waiting for you. Chai! Then I saw it as punishment but today I'm glad for the culinary skills I have.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by MoonWater: 6:40pm On Mar 03
Now I see why ahnie was always at your throat. She saw you as a competitor on the family section.

11 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:43pm On Mar 03
MoonWater:
Now I see why ahnie was always at your throat. She saw you as a competitor on the family section.

Competitor how?
I'm not competing with anyone here because I don't even know who you're talking about and we are not on the same lane.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by MoonWater: 6:45pm On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

Competitor how?
I'm not competing with anyone here because I don't even know who you're talking about and we are not on the same lane.

I am talking about the local madam grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03
But… how do someone not know how to cook?

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:50pm On Mar 03
It's possible.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by NoSmoking: 6:50pm On Mar 03
MoonWater:

🙄

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by crackhaus: 6:52pm On Mar 03
It's how she said she can only cook for herself... cheesy

Meaning she has no plans to cook for her children when the time comes... Na to starve dem till they die.

Shallow.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:56pm On Mar 03
MoonWater:

Oh.. I see.

Anyways my cooking skills is second to none because I started quite early in life. My Mom will force you and you don't have a choice but to learn how to cook.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:59pm On Mar 03
crackhaus:
It's how she said she can only cook for herself... cheesy

Meaning she has no plans to cook for her children when the time comes... Na to starve dem till they die.

Shallow.

Lol.. I'm telling you. A big girl like that ... When me I don dey enter kitchen since age 9.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by esky158(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03
C excuse I can only cook for my self dey play another girl way sabi cook go collect ur man shal no come online dey tell us how men are scum oooh na u no sabi cook

11 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by BabbanBura(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

Oh.. I see.

Anyways my cooking skills is second to none because I started quite early in life. My Mom will force you and you don't have a choice but to learn how to cook.

No regrets from you i guess? God bless ya mum for doing a great job.

One can learn alot from Just being close to a mother while she does her things in the kitchen. There is no girl I have being with that I haven't taught one or two skills in the kitchen.

The problem nowadays is either the mothers aren't cooking by themselves (a maid does it), or the mothers want the daughters to focus on school work at the age of 8 - 16yrs, and when the girls enter University it is too late to groom them. Another problem is the girls themselves, they don't want to stress themselves, so if you don't have iron lady kinda mother, a lazy girl will turn out to be a bad cook. I also see a family where there is only one girl (Ada) amidst plenty boys, the boys do everything while she behave like a spoilt brat - this one no go sabi cook boiled rice sef

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 7:10pm On Mar 03
esky158:
C excuse I can only cook for my self dey play another girl way sabi cook go collect ur man shal no come online dey tell us how men are scum oooh na u no sabi cook

I blame parents for this. When they should teach the girl child to cook they'll be using maid until the child grows and becomes useless to herself and people around her.

My Mom didn't take it easy with us I. She'll tell you to enter kitchen if you cry hunger from a tender age o. It was even that same year indomie noodles came out, 1990 I was in pry three then. My Mom never entered the kitchen to cook that food for once. It was me and my siblings till we perfected it and moved to soups and stews for the whole family meal.

God bless that woman.

11 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by chiiraq802(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03
Gen Z.

Very useless gender.

Tell her now to showcase her nack style. you do dey amaze for wetin she go do.

12 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 7:19pm On Mar 03
author=BabbanBura post=128757963]

No regrets from you i guess? God bless ya mum for doing a great job.
Amen. Thank you.

One can learn alot from Just being close to a mother while she does her things in the kitchen. There is no girl I have being with that I haven't taught one or two skills in the kitchen.

The problem nowadays is either the mothers aren't cooking by themselves (a maid does it), or the mothers want the daughters to focus on school work at the age of 8 - 16yrs, and when the girls enter University it is too late to groom them. Another problem is the girls themselves, they don't want to stress themselves, so if you don't have iron lady kinda mother, a lazy girl will turn out to be a bad cook. I also see a family where there is only one girl (Ada) amidst plenty boys, the boys do everything while she behave like a spoilt brat - this one no go sabi cook boiled rice sef

My brother you hit the nail on the head. Mothers of nowadays rely on maid to do everything in the house and treat their own children like eggs. Some even choose to do it themselves rather than sending the children to cook. You'll see a home of mature ladies and the Mom will still be entering the kitchen. I say my Mom stopped entering kitchen in the 80s cos I have older ones who could already cook so by 90s I had clocked 9+ and so my elder sisters started doing shakara to cook. Mom faced us ( me and twinny) that was how we joined the queue. My two elder ones will only cook when they feel like but the good thing is they already know how to cook so as they entered secondary school and saw we too have come up, they started dodging. Na so my Mama face us from age 9 oo.. I'll never forget. Primary 3 grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 7:26pm On Mar 03
chiiraq802:
Gen Z.

Very useless gender.

Tell her now to showcase her nack style. you do dey amaze for wetin she go do.

That's the only thing they know and TikTok. Every Gen z girl has a ring light in her space. All they do is Stand in front of the camera and be dancing like possessed beings. Ndi Amapiano.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 7:29pm On Mar 03
nlfpmod please move to the promised land for our Gen Z Moms here to see so they can start teaching their girl child these things early enough.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by godofuck231: 7:56pm On Mar 03
Yet you de on Instagram, world class rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by TheWinterBird(f): 8:10pm On Mar 03
Sounds like laziness.

No one taught me how to cook before I learned, and I learned back in Nigeria as a kid. I found it fun and didn't see it as anything difficult, as it's not.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 8:33pm On Mar 03
TheWinterBird:
Sounds like laziness.

No one taught me how to cook before I learned, and I learned back in Nigeria as a kid. I found it fun and didn't see it as anything difficult, as it's not.

That's because you were willing. Children of nowadays are not willing to do anything because social media has taken over their lives.
During our time, there was no social media and so we had time for domestic activities.
Social media should be blamed as much as their parents for bad upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 8:34pm On Mar 03
godofuck231:
Yet you de on Instagram, world class rubbish

That's the only thing they know.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by TheWinterBird(f): 8:58pm On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

That's because you were willing. Children of nowadays are not willing to do anything because social media has taken over their lives.
During our time, there was no social media and so we had time for domestic activities.
Social media should be blamed as much as their parents for bad upbringing.

During which time? You're older than me, abeg cheesy tongue. But I get you smiley. I wouldn't blame social media, though. It's actually the more reason why no one should have any excuse why they can't cook —because of all the information out there. I wouldn't blame their parents either. I think anyone old enough should take the initiative to learn how to cook for themselves, especially if they like to eat, lol. I eat out but there's nothing as satisfying as cooking my own meals. It's really just a matter of using one's common sense and creativity.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by godofuck231: 9:04pm On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

That's the only thing they know.
r
Toetorians, the likes of kora

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by We4all: 9:11pm On Mar 03
It is important to teach a girl child how to be morally upright, disciplined, respectful and well behaved before teaching her how to cook.

I find it appalling that people place more emphasis on the culinary skills of a girl than her behavior. I have seen mothers brag that they raised their daughters well because they taught them how to cook. Cooking is just a skill which anyone can learn.

Have you ever wondered why 'runs girls' and 'ladies of easy virtues' are great cooks? Because their mothers were teaching them how to cook instead of teaching them how to be morally upright.

I'd rather be proud to have a well disciplined girl child that is a bad cook than have a female child that is a good cook but wayward in her behavior.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 9:26pm On Mar 03
We4all:
It is important to teach a girl child how to be morally upright, disciplined, respectful and well behaved before teaching her how to cook.

I find it appalling that people place more emphasis on the culinary skills of a girl than her behavior. I have seen mothers brag that they raised their daughters well because they taught them how to cook. Cooking is just a skill which anyone can learn.

Have you ever wondered why 'runs girls' and 'ladies of easy virtues' are great cooks? Because their mothers were teaching them how to cook instead of teaching them how to be morally upright.

I'd rather be proud to have a well disciplined girl child that is a bad cook than have a female child that is a good cook but wayward in her behavior.

This your argument no follow because we are not weighing options here or doing any sort of comparison. We are only saying it important for a girl child to know how to cook and that is of course alongside having other moral values a woman needs to be a virtuous woman.

All these things are in important in a girl's life non lacking. Any good girl that doesn't know how to cook will have problems in her marriage. I mot talking about hook-up girls those ones are for the streets..so don't bring them into the equation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by muyico(m): 11:49pm On Mar 03
Foods isnt a loves. She may gud in bed!
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 3:48am On Mar 04
10 is too early to cook for an entire family, I don't care.

Lot of parents hide laziness and inability to afford their child be a child under the guise of training. Sorry, it's not necessary.

What about the early or mid teens ?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 4:38am On Mar 04
TheWinterBird:
Sounds like laziness.

Yes, my mother didn't show me either but I was curious.

I don't believe there are girls that can't cook, just girls that don't want to.

If you're interested, you'll fine tune your skills.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by SIXFEETUNDER: 5:10am On Mar 04
I'll do the cooking then leave her to handle the rest in the other room where i would finish her

im the forking hell of a nymphomaniac plus bdsm enjoyer with my sweet uncircumcised gbola
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by TUANKU(m): 6:03am On Mar 04
I hope she can fvck real good cos you can't be this bad at cooking and also bad at fvcking

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:04am On Mar 04
1Sharon:
10 is too early to cook for an entire family, I don't care.

Lot of parents hide laziness and inability to afford their child be a child under the guise of training. Sorry, it's not necessary.

What about the early or mid teens ?

Who told you it was laziness on any ones part?
The way our parents trained us during our time is quite different from what you guys had that lacked the involvement of your parents who left you to figure things out yourself.

My Mom did it till we came off age and while we were very tender, she made sure we were always around her whenever she was cooking. She made us hand her things in the kitchen and that was how we learnt what goes in first and lastly into the food so it was easy for us when we took over the kitchen at that Early age.

One thing you should understand about training a child is catching them young. Even the bible says, train up a child so when he is OLD he'll never depart from it. Which means you have to start early before distraction sets in and the child looses interest and refuses to do anything. As I dey lecture you now make you dey learn and not to just be opening that your buca cavity and be talking anyhow on my post.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 6:13am On Mar 04
1Sharon:

Yes, my mother didn't show me either but I was curious.

I don't believe there are girls that can't cook, just girls that don't want to.

If you're interested, you'll fine tune your skills.

Fine tune kor. I can imagine what you'll be cooking in the name of fine-tuning. I'm sure it will be no different from the lady in the post that claims she can only cook for herself.

Culinary skills require some training from your mother take it or live it. All this things you guy watch in YouTube is nothing but concocted poison. Learn the local and traditional way of cooking meals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mention One Funny Food Combination You Know About / Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Christmas Snake Is Here: Python Killed By Hunter, Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.