Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (13280 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 9:00am On Jan 21, 2018
dingbang:
that's in revelations ... Am talking of his life while on earth..

Matthew 5:22; Matthew 25:41
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2018
ok

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by MuttleyLaff: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Jesus talked about paradise, heaven more. See how this Op wants to misinform people undecided
Dont mind him jaare
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2018
1Sharon:

Hmm could this explain why Andrea Yates drowned all her 5 kids? A true Christian?

exactly! and according to Christians, the dead children would make heaven
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Pain(m): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2018
Gkay1:
heaven is real nd hell is real.
life race is per head and the choice you make will take you to heaven or hell.

Please be kind enough to provide some verifiable evidence to enhance our convictions
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Equiano:
Jesus spoke more of the Kingdom of heaven in the bible. For instance, Jesus often make this statement:"repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Most of his parables have a heavenly significant - the parable of the,sower,the merchant,the lost sheep,the lost coin,the prodigal son to mention but a few. Op don't twist the bible

Matthew 23
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2018
There is no HELL, it is a MYTH and fear tactic to keep the sheeple in the FOLD while milking them for money.

A god who creates an eternal HELL is not WORTHY of WORSHIP!

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by adewaleturner(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2018
Some people go Dey talk wetin den know no,i pray u will no see d red eye of jesus christ one day mtcheeww lipsrsealed
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Gkay1(m): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=johnstar post=64382530]
Oya na make i send my account details make I see weytn u wn do?[/

i will not do anything. double your hustle Mr man
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 9:16am On Jan 21, 2018
frosbel2:
There is no HELL, it is a MYTH and fear tactic to keep the sheeple in the FOLD while milking them for money.

A god who creates an eternal HELL is not WORTHY of WORSHIP!

The Word of God is two edged sword.....The same loving, merciful and forgiving God is the same consuming fire.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by johnstar(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=Gkay1 post=64382917][/quote]

Dn stop quoting me bro
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Babsopey(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2018
This assumption is very wrong. He in fact actually focused more on Heaven than hell. His preaching is about love and not hatred.

Try reading the pdf for the verses.

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by darbeelicous(f): 9:24am On Jan 21, 2018
i wonder where these pipu purchased their Bible....... @dingbang
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2018
johnstar:
African mentality

How we go take make money

Na money i dey find i no dey fear anything like death or whatever sh1t

I broke send me money

Money is immaterial when we talk of soul of man, Psalm 49:16-20....Seek ye first the kingdom of God sir, all others are additional, Matthew 6:25-33

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by lebesgue(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2018
Nothing fear me pass hell. Chei. As a kid, the thought of burning in fire for an eternity kept me awake for so many nights. Fire burn me for 1 second, I dey cry, not to come talk eternity.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2018
I ain't gonna quote scriptures to point my facts out because you obviously ain't worded and it's understandable.

Does going to lecture hall or being a student guarantee success? To everything in life, there are principles, guidelines which must be followed to get the expected result. Going to church on whatever days is a religion and not Christianity. Living a life of Christ, being christ-like is what's called Christianity. From the illustration I gave up there, you'll agree with me that not every body going to lecture halls in school go for a single purpose. Students and even non students go to lecture halls for diverse purposes and the GENUINELY successful ones are those who put in extra work even after being lectured. That extra work is being Christ-like, a decision you have to make personally and it's achievable with God's help.
purem:
Another angle to hate Christianity is hearing Christians saying going to church or been a Christian doesn't guarantee going heaven.

Meaning that even a pastor could still end up in hell.

I know of a pope and preachers in hell. You really think these pastors are not as humanly as you are? Withdraw the cheap titles and you will see a man like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2018
vicardino:
I ain't gonna quote scriptures to point my facts out because you obviously ain't worded and it's understandable.

Does going to lecture hall or being a student guarantee success? To everything in life, there are principles, guidelines which must be followed to get the expected result. Going to church on whatever days is a religion and not Christianity. Living a life of Christ, being christ-like is what's called Christianity. From the illustration I gave up there, you'll agree with me that not every body going to lecture halls in school go for a single purpose. Students and even non students go to lecture halls for diverse purposes and the GENUINELY successful ones are those who put in extra work even after being lectured. That extra work is being Christ-like, a decision you have to make personally and it's achievable with God's help.

I know of a pope and preachers in hell. You really think these pastors are not as humanly as you are? Withdraw the cheap titles and you will see a man like you.

Thanks sir, they forget Jesus words in Matthew 7:21-23
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 9:38am On Jan 21, 2018
ayourbamie:
But JWs don't believe in heaven

Are they using the Bible to justify their beliefs? What do you believe?
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by foxthink(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2018
Dear NLers,

This is my first post.

This Heaven or Hell thing is based on your choice.

If you choose to believe Jesus Christ and stay on the way to Heaven, what will you lose if Heaven turns out to be false?

If you choose not to believe Jesus Christ and live your life on your own terms here on Earth, when your time is up and then you’re not worthy of Heaven, what would you have gained?

There’s no need to argue, make your choice here on Earth because you won’t have any Power against the consequences afterwards.

But I beg of you, choose Life.

Warm regards,
Foxthink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Gkay1(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2018
johnstar:

Dn stop quoting me bro

area area area were u dey in Delta state
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by dingbang(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2018
darbeelicous:
i wonder where these pipu purchased their Bible....... @dingbang
lol... They read it upside down...

The bible says I came to bring good news to the people, to heal the sick, raise the dead and prech to the people about the kingdom of God.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2018
lebesgue:
Nothing fear me pass hell. Chei. As a kid, the thought of burning in fire for an eternity kept me awake for so many nights. Fire burn me for 1 second, I dey cry, not to come talk eternity.

I hope u haven't outgrown the fear of hell. The fear isn't to keep us in bondage but to keep us in check. Fear could be utilized positively or negatively and that depends on you. Don't fear hell, fear the judgment of God, fear abusing the grace of God and the work of Salvation, fear neglecting the cross and the blood of Jesus.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by smileyoo: 9:45am On Jan 21, 2018
the doctrine of eternal hell fire is one of the confusing & illogical belief in christainity. what 'll it benefit to either God or man himself, to be sent into eternal suffering? agreed the person may 've been evil, but punishing the person eternally, by the God of love that know how impossible it is for man to be perfect, because man is an imperfect being, is actually confusing. its only makes more sense that God rewards the obedient ones & destroy & discard the disobedient ones as a wasteful product.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omudia11: 9:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Atheists are truly useless senile beings.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:
Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven because of its reality. Even many Christains dont believe in it, not to talk of unbelievers who laugh at it. One fact remains; we will all die and death comes any time, anyhow and after death judgement that leads to Heaven or Hell.
It is an individual race, do not allow anyone deceive you into Hell; accept and look unto Jesus only. Have a blessed Sunday.

Heaven n hell are tools used to enslave u by ur slave masters who at the end of the day aren't Christians.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 10:07am On Jan 21, 2018
Babsopey:
This assumption is very wrong. He in fact actually focused more on Heaven than hell. His preaching is about love and not hatred.

Try reading the pdf for the verses.

Sir, I have different versions sir. Jesus said narrow is the way and only few finds it. Broad is the way that leads to destruction (hell) many are going through it, Matthew7:14-16
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by xaggar(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:
Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven because of its reality. Even many Christains dont believe in it, not to talk of unbelievers who laugh at it. One fact remains; we will all die and death comes any time, anyhow and after death judgement that leads to Heaven or Hell.
It is an individual race, do not allow anyone deceive you into Hell; accept and look unto Jesus only. Have a blessed Sunday.

Quote verses.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by purem(m): 10:18am On Jan 21, 2018
vicardino:

Does going to lecture hall or being a student guarantee success?

Those shiits you typed down there is has meaningless has been a Christian, so am going to reply only this;

"Does going to lecture hall or being a student guarantee success?" Hmm what a lame way to challenge a proposition undecided

How can a pastor or a devoted Christian could spend most of his/her life doing his daddy's work and obeying him but still end up in hell

[s]To everything in life, there are principles, guidelines which must be followed to get the expected result. Going to church on whatever days is a religion and not Christianity. Living a life of Christ, being christ-like is what's called Christianity. From the illustration I gave up there, you'll agree with me that not every body going to lecture halls in school go for a single purpose. Students and even non students go to lecture halls for diverse purposes and the GENUINELY successful ones are those who put in extra work even after being lectured. That extra work is being Christ-like, a decision you have to make personally and it's achievable with God's help.

I know of a pope and preachers in hell. You really think these pastors are not as humanly as you are? Withdraw the cheap titles and you will see a man like you.[/s]
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:
Religion is all about scare tactics, that's why Jesus talks more about hell than heaven.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2018
vicardino:

Are they using the Bible to justify their beliefs? What do you believe?

The Jews aren't Christians.

They have their own God.

They have told u that their God which u are worshiping doesn't exist.

Yet ur forcing ur self to believe that the Jewish God exists......grin.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 10:29am On Jan 21, 2018
purem:

Those shiits you typed down there is has meaningless has been a Christian, so am going to reply only this;

"Does going to lecture hall or being a student guarantee success?" Hmm what a lame way to challenge a proposition undecided

How can a pastor or a devoted Christian could spend most of his/her life doing his daddy's work and obeying him but still end up in hell

The problem with most of you is you just can't hold a healthy discussion. This alone shows the kinda person y'all are. In my quote, you can decide to answer the questions I raised or just face front. You need not quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 10:36am On Jan 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The Jews aren't Christians.

They have their own God.

They have told u that their God which u are worshiping doesn't exist.

Yet ur forcing ur self to believe that the Jewish God exists......grin.

And what are you forcing yourself to believe, my friend?

You can believe whatever you wanna believe bro.

Truth is, you can simply find out if Jesus Christ exists or not. Just ask him to prove his existence to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clean Jokes / He That Breaketh A Hedge, Serpent Will Bite Him / What Part Of Church Service Do You Enjoy Mostly And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.