Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (13288 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2018
vicardino:

And what are you forcing yourself to believe, my friend?

You can believe whatever you wanna believe bro.

Truth is, you can simply find out if Jesus Christ exists or not. Just ask him to prove his existence to you.

I do not force myself to believe anything...

If Jesus the Italian exists, we would have known him by now........we wouldn't need to "find it out"
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2018
xaggar:

Quote verses.
Luke 16:20-31
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 10:49am On Jan 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I do not force myself to believe anything...

If Jesus the Italian exists, WE would have known him by now........we wouldn't need to "find it out"

Firstly, good to know you ain't forcing yourself to believe anything, same as those who believe Jesus Christ. To believe ain't by force bro. That a man doesn't believe your belief isn't an indication that he's being forced to believe his belief.

Who are the "we" please? And you mentioned him to be Italian, seems to me you at least know a certain Jesus, albeit not the one who died on the Cross.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by acehood907(m): 10:51am On Jan 21, 2018
Thank Allah you know, Don't worry gradually you will know that Jesus is the messenger of Allah
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by bahaushe1: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
So the purpose of creation is to throw us in hell?

Mtchewwww....

The purpose of creation is to test us. In every exams there are those that will pass and those that will fail. It all depends on individual effort.

We have been told about hell in clear terms and we have also been given a remedy.

If you don't want to end in hell for eternity then follow the guidance sent by God to mankind.

And remember God is oft-forgiving and the most Merciful of those who show mercy.

May God protect us from the burning flame of fire whose fuel is human.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by jadyclem(m): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Christians don't believe in hell. Not really. If they did, they would all be childless.

If someone told me there was even a 5% or 10% chance any child I had would endure 50 years of unrelenting suffering with no cure and no relief, I would undergo castration. These people claim to believe that their god would torture people for eternity for not saying the correct magic words, and yet they produce children who stand the risk of heading to hell. Bullshit. Deep down they know it's a lie.

bro, God does not send anyone to hell or heaven, it's people's actions that do. God had only set the requirements to be with him in heaven and it's left for man to follow God's requirements or not. he doesn't force anyone.
anybody that goes to hell or heaven is as a result of the person's action. Government will not sentence anyone to prison or firing squad if they had not acted against it's laws. that's how it is with God. acting against God's laws means that you've made up your mind to receive the punishment for such action. remain blessed!
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by jadyclem(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
So the purpose of creation is to throw us in hell?

Mtchewwww....

No, the purpose of creation is to make you live a wonderful life on earth in Christ Jesus and spend eternity with Christ in heaven when you leave this earth. just that, you have to live by God's standard if you want to enjoy this great life.
God does not send anyone to heaven or hell, he has only set the standard to make heaven and enjoy eternity with him. so the choice is yours. whether you make heaven or hell, it's your choice to make.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by jadyclem(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
johnstar:
African mentality

How we go take make money

Na money i dey find i no dey fear anything like death or whatever sh1t

I broke send me money

bro money is good, but the prosperity of your soul is much more important. beside, all of us go die leave the money, women and possession one day to go face the real life. but your ticket to gaining access into that real life is "Jesus Christ". do you know him? if you do know him, have you received him into your life and living for him? our time here is just for a moment, so use yours wisely. I hail!
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
One thing that is very funny about religious people especially Christians is that they think Christianity is the only religion in the world,my dear Christianity only makes up 33% of the present world population and this 33% includes all those who identify as a Christian so by the time we even consider those who go to church at least once a month we may be down to 15% and when we consider those who live or attempt to live in accordance with the bible we may be down to 1%,even before christianity or its mother religion Judaism began people have been living and dying and even right now there are parts of the world where the much they know about christianity is just the much u know about Buddhism, are u equally telling me that all these people would go to ur own version of hell.

I encourage people to believe what they want to believe,but don't force it on others,I see u coming here to tell me that ur bible says that hell exists and therefore it does,just the same way u see a Muslim telling u that Mohammed slashed the moon because the Koran says so,if u believe in heaven and hell no problem,I don't as well as some others here,now u coming to tell us that u re right is subject to the evidence u bring on the table,if not this post is useless to me
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by riczy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
ayourbamie:
But JWs don't believe in heaven
shut d Bleep,say wat u ar certain of
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
acehood907:
Thank Allah you know, Don't worry gradually you will know that Jesus is the messenger of Allah
messenger ko, yahoo messenger ni
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by johnstar(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
jadyclem:

bro money is good, but the prosperity of your soul is much more important. beside, all of us go die leave the money, women and possession one day to go face the real life. but your ticket to gaining access into that real life is "Jesus Christ". do you know him? if you do know him, have you received him into your life and living for him? our time here is just for a moment, so use yours wisely. I hail!

True talk bro

My greatest fear is not making heaven too

Bt i fear poverty ooo
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:

Most of his parables are about warning of hell, Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 25, Matthew 7
Uncle, stop lying...

There are 1,944 verses in the four gospels that contain Jesus’ words.
Only about 60 of those verses–or 3% of them might be construed as either directly or indirectly referring to hell.

On the other hand, there are more than three times as many verses in the gospels in which Jesus references heaven, eternal life, or his coming kingdom: 192 verses in all, or almost 10%.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by orisa37: 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
He dealt more on Exceptions 'cos that was the satanic stuff He came to destroy in His own. He came to set the Captives free.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by hopefulLandlord: 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
jadyclem:

bro, God does not send anyone to hell or heaven, it's people's actions that do. God had only set the requirements to be with him in heaven and it's left for man to follow God's requirements or not. he doesn't force anyone.
anybody that goes to hell or heaven is as a result of the person's action. Government will not sentence anyone to prison or firing squad if they had not acted against it's laws. that's how it is with God. acting against God's laws means that you've made up your mind to receive the punishment for such action. remain blessed!

You totally missed my point my good sir
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Blessgj(f): 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Go and read your bible very well,Christ is always talking about His Father and Father's house which is heaven
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by acehood907(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
phemmyfour:
messenger ko, yahoo messenger ni
hey be careful because he's not your mate
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Uhomanbulus110(f): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hell is real and heaven also is real just perpare for the coming of our lord Jesus christ
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
phemmyfour:
Uncle, stop lying...

There are 1,944 verses in the four gospels that contain Jesus’ words.
Only about 60 of those verses–or 3% of them might be construed as either directly or indirectly referring to hell.

On the other hand, there are more than three times as many verses in the gospels in which Jesus references heaven, eternal life, or his coming kingdom: 192 verses in all, or almost 10%.

Thank you sir
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by gigfx: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Genesis 3:16-19
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Is like God is yet to create hell when he pronounced on Adam that will will just return to the ground? While us that are given birth to later later is now promised hell or heaven.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by mywells: 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hell has more candidate than Heaven.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by NovusHomo(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:
Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven because of its reality. Even many Christains dont believe in it, not to talk of unbelievers who laugh at it. One fact remains; we will all die and death comes any time, anyhow and after death judgement that leads to Heaven or Hell.
It is an individual race, do not allow anyone deceive you into Hell; accept and look unto Jesus only. Have a blessed Sunday.

Its all lies. There was no Jesus. In those days it was not possible to have a child without sexual intercourse. And why is it a black man's business anyway?
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
NovusHomo:

Its all lies. There was no Jesus. In those days it was not possible to have a child without sexual intercourse. And why is it a black man's business anyway?

Thanks sir
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
vicardino:

Firstly, good to know you ain't forcing yourself to believe anything, same as those who believe Jesus Christ. To believe ain't by force bro. That a man doesn't believe your belief isn't an indication that he's being forced to believe his belief.

Who are the "we" please? And you mentioned him to be Italian, seems to me you at least know a certain Jesus, albeit not the one who died on the Cross.

Jesus is an Italian runs grin.

It's a public Information.

Even the Israelites who u worship their God has clearly said many times that they don't have any connection with Jesus Christ and that they are waiting for their saviour to come n die for their sin, Yet u still insist Jesus is n Israelite n that he is son of God.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by dadde(m): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:
Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven because of its reality. Even many Christains dont believe in it, not to talk of unbelievers who laugh at it. One fact remains; we will all die and death comes any time, anyhow and after death judgement that leads to Heaven or Hell.
It is an individual race, do not allow anyone deceive you into Hell; accept and look unto Jesus only. Have a blessed Sunday.

let's have your stats or you keep shot .
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by dadde(m): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Omooba77:

let's have your stats or you keep shot.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Jesus is an Italian runs grin.

It's a public Information.

Even the Israelites who u worship their God has clearly said many times that they don't have any connection with Jesus Christ and that they are waiting for their saviour to come n die for their sin, Yet u still insist Jesus is n Israelite n that he is son of God.

Bro, the God I serve isn't God of Israel or Israelites but God of the the whole universe. And how many Israelites are denying the existence of God and Jesus Christ? Do u know how the name Israel came to be? You should know the number of tribes making up Israel and the tribe from which Jesus Christ came.

Bro, you appear to be a reader, I may be wrong though. Do some reading. I ain't quoting scripture cos it ain't what you are accustomed to. Thanks.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Omooba77: 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
dadde:

let's have your stats or you keep shot.
God bless you sir
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
gigfx:
Genesis 3:16-19
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Is like God is yet to create hell when he pronounced on Adam that will will just return to the ground? While us that are given birth to later later is now promised hell or heaven.
Don't get it twisted, Adam sinned but didn't die. The destination of a sinful man that refuse to repent after death is hell
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by gigfx: 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
phemmyfour:
Don't get it twisted, Adam sinned but didn't die. The destination of a sinful man that refuse to repent after death is hell

So you believed what the Satan said to Eve and you are calling God a liar too.

Genesis 3:4

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
gigfx:

So you believed what the Satan said to Eve and you are calling God a liar too.

Genesis 3:4

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
God didn't lie. if you are spiritually inclined, you ll understand that God wasn't talking about physical death
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by ttmax09(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
purem:
Another angle to hate Christianity is hearing Christians saying going to church or been a Christian doesn't guarantee going heaven.

Meaning that even a pastor could still end up in hell.
Sure there will be some people who never went to church bt will make heaven. Why? Imagine someone who never believed in jesus bt in his/her final moment someone preached jesus to him n gave is life to christ and dies. If u ve watched the movie 'GOD'S NOT DEAD' take a look at the final moments of that unrepentant athiest nd d pastor who led him to christ after a vehicle knocked him down. Nd yes some pastors will end up in hell. Cos they re nt living right. Even jesus said not all who say lord will make it so just akways pray 4 grace nd mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clean Jokes / He That Breaketh A Hedge, Serpent Will Bite Him / What Part Of Church Service Do You Enjoy Mostly And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.