Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (13286 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
vicardino:

Bro, the God I serve isn't God of Israel or Israelites but God of the the whole universe. And how many Israelites are denying the existence of God and Jesus Christ? Do u know how the name Israel came to be? You should know the number of tribes making up Israel and the tribe from which Jesus Christ came.

Bro, you appear to be a reader, I may be wrong though. Do some reading. I ain't quoting scripture cos it ain't what you are accustomed to. Thanks.

""And how many Israelites are denying the existence of God and Jesus Christ""

About 70 - 80 % of Israelites don't believe in Jesus Christ.

That 85% aren't Christians, They practice Judaism.
Only about 2 - 3 percent of Israelites are Christians n most of them are Arabs.

Go figure.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by gigfx: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
phemmyfour:
God didn't lie. if you are spiritually inclined, you ll understand that God wasn't talking about physical death

I like to know, are u saying there is another type of death. So, where is Adam? if he did not die.

Genesis 5:3-5

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by vicardino(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""And how many Israelites are denying the existence of God and Jesus Christ""

About 70 - 80 % of Israelites don't believe in Jesus Christ.

That 85% aren't Christians, They practice Judaism.
Only about 2 - 3 percent of Israelites are Christians n most of them are Arabs.

Go figure.

Seems to me you are trying so hard to prove what is not necessary. I have made myself clear that I ain't forcing myself to believe what's not ur belief. I don't need Israelites to tell me what or who to believe. There's a god of this world and there's a God. I believe the God and not the god.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
gigfx:

I like to know, are u saying there is another type of death. So, where is Adam? if he did not die.

Genesis 5:3-5

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died
Why are you confuse.

Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden after eating the forbidden fruit and indeed they died spiritually

Adam experienced physical death in Gen 5:5

Rom5:12

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned-- for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come

Rom5 made it clear that this death started from Adam and its upon everyone even before they were born.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by gigfx: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
phemmyfour:
Why are you confuse.

Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden after eating the forbidden fruit and indeed they died spiritually

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned-- for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come

Rom5 made it clear that this death started from Adam and its upon everyone even before they were born.

phemmyfour:
Don't get it twisted, Adam sinned but didn't die. The destination of a sinful man that refuse to repent after death is hell
phemmyfour:
Why are you confuse.

So, if you believed that Adam died the same death explained in Ecclesiastic 9:5-11

And also , Roman 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Will it now be proper to say that Adam that sinned the greatest sin of all, that died and returned to the ground and exist no more but those that sinned after him will now be the one that will be punished in a fury fire?
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 22, 2018
vicardino:

Seems to me you are trying so hard to prove what is not necessary. I have made myself clear that I ain't forcing myself to believe what's not ur belief. I don't need Israelites to tell me what or who to believe. There's a god of this world and there's a God. I believe the God and not the god.

Go Figure.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 2:27am On Jan 22, 2018
gigfx:

So, if you believed that Adam died the same death explained in Ecclesiastic 9:5-11

And also , Roman 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Will it now be proper to say that Adam that sinned the greatest sin of all, that died and returned to the ground and exist no more but those that sinned after him will now be the one that will be punished in a fury fire?
You are quoting spiritual death scriptures to back up physical death ones.

Ecc9:5 is talking about physical death which will happen to all men irrespective of your standing with God if Jesus tarry.

ROM 6:23 is talking about spiritual death. Remember, both Lazarus and the rich man died. Thats why the opposite of death there is not just life but ETERNAL life.
But the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus

Adam still exist, God forgave Adam and Eve. He only punished them by removing them from Garden of Eden.

This is what will happen on the last day:

1st Tess 4:16-17

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever

Adam and Eve repented by burning sacrifices before the Lord.

The rich man saw father Abraham in heaven, even though Abraham died long time ago.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by gigfx: 5:28am On Jan 22, 2018
phemmyfour:
You are quoting spiritual death scriptures to back up physical death ones.

Ecc9:5 is talking about physical death which will happen to all men irrespective of your standing with God if Jesus tarry.

ROM 6:23 is talking about spiritual death. Remember, both Lazarus and the rich man died. Thats why the opposite of death there is not just life but ETERNAL life.
But the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus

Adam still exist, God forgave Adam and Eve. He only punished them by removing them from Garden of Eden.

This is what will happen on the last day:

1st Tess 4:16-17

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever

Adam and Eve repented by burning sacrifices before the Lord.

The rich man saw father Abraham in heaven, even though Abraham died long time ago.

Where is Adam? hear what Jesus says in John 3:13

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

So are you telling me Jesus don't know what he is saying?

Then where is Adam as you claimed that God forgave him.
Re: Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven by phemmyfour: 5:42am On Jan 22, 2018
gigfx:

Where is Adam? hear what Jesus says in John 3:13

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

So are you telling me Jesus don't know what he is saying?

Then where is Adam as you claimed that God forgave him.
Sacrifices for atonement of sins before Jesus Christ laid down his life were accepted. The first of such was performed by God on behalf of Adam and Eve

God made garments of skin for Adam and Eve after the fall (Genesis 3:21).

The first animal sacrificed, foreshadowing the eventual death of Christ on the cross for the sins of the world. Putting these facts together, Adam and Eve were eventually saved and did indeed go to heaven / paradise when they died

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clean Jokes / He That Breaketh A Hedge, Serpent Will Bite Him / What Part Of Church Service Do You Enjoy Mostly And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.