Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business (2883 Views)

NDDC Invites President Buhari To Commission 29 KM Ogba-Nembe Road / EFCC Releases ₦5.7 Billion Out Of ₦7.9 Billion Seized From Okorocha To Imo State / Okorocha To Oshiomhole: 'Learn How To Talk' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by bloodmoneyspita: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
—Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State yesterday said that plans have been concluded to commission 1,125 hectares of land in the state for cattle business.The governor made this known to newsmen in Owerri.

According to the principal officer to the governor on Imo State Lives Stock, Hon Calistus Chinedu, the business was in partnership with Amana Cattle Dealers Association of Nigeria.

He said: “This is to inform you that Governor Rochas Okorocha will be commissioning the Ultra Modern Regional Cattle Market, in Okiqwe Local Government Area of Imo State, one of its kind in West Africa.

“The land space is 1,125 hectares of land. The government of Imo State acquired the land since 2008. The reason for which the government in the past acquired the land was not fulfilled. “

It was the view of the principal officer that by the time the cattle market begins to function, “the prices of cattle will be very cheap when compared with other places”. He added that, “it will also boost the revenue generation of the state government. “
Furthermore, he said, “ the first set of cows have landed in the market. We are appealing to Imo people and other people in the neighbouring states to come and patronize the market.“

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/okorocha-commission-1125-hectares-land-cattle-business/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by naijapips04: 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ikorocha is a fool.

We've always had butcheries and cattle market in the East. I'm very much aware of the butchery in ogborhill river in Aba.

Why setout a whooping 1200 hectares of land for just cattle selling? 1200hectares is bigger than many villages in imo state.

What they are trying to do is to mask this as a cattle market while in essence they are establishing fulani colonies.

God will punish APC and Buhari. IMO people should resist this at all cost.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by bloodmoneyspita: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
naijapips04:
Okay
okay now
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by psucc(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
I know he must be the first to fall. If the happenings in Agathu, Benue and others are not grievous enough, then may be he wants to test run Imo for a greater jihad.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by sekxyqueen(f): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
okorocha your doom is near..
go and ask ohakim

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by okosodo: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
Imo state people are very foolish to still allow this man to be their governor

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by Stingman: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
Let me know when the Sokoto, Kano and Katsina state governments commission similar hectares of land for piggery/pig business.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by emmysoftyou: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Standing strange among other eastern governors.
I believe he's taking this action to capture the heart of all northerners.
This is politics and attention seeker due to upcoming election.
He's eyeing the number one seat in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by Yyeske(m): 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
I don't even understand this Okorocha again, what's his problem sef?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by timecapsule: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
The major business of FULANI man is cow business, yours will not be different.
We know you too well.
This is a sign of who you really are!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by lilkech(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
Yyeske:
I don't even understand this Okorocha again, what's his problem sef?

Oga it’s one nigeria naw

Let us be accommodating to our fellow Nigerians like you always preached when those Ipob pigs were flying

Abi you no like us to remain together again? Let’s give them the grazing land and let them come with their cows. First Imo then Anambra and followed by Enugu before getting into Abia

Or aren’t you in support of Buhari again?
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by hucienda: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
Okorocha's desperation to be more northern than even the sultan is something else.

All because he wants to become president by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by Daviddson(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
I'm going to write a thread about this herdsmen menace shortly. But before that, I'd like to tell those already insulting Okorocha to take a chill pill and re-read. Nowhere in the article say the proposed market would be for Fulani herdsmen.

I thought Igbos have been saying they also have their kinsmen in the cattle business. So what is wrong if the governor intends to build a monstrous cattle market?
Did you see any mention or description of cattle colony there?
It seems some people's hatred for this man has blindfolded their reasoning.
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by Warship: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Okigwe is not Rocha's village.
He has no right to create any colony for any stupid cattle business.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by jesushelpme(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
is okorocha afraid to mention colony? which one is cattle business. and colony from this tiny land.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by jesushelpme(m): 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daviddson:
I'm going to write a thread about this herdsmen menace shortly. But before that, I'd like to tell those already insulting Okorocha to take a chill pill and re-read. Nowhere in the article say the proposed market would be for Fulani herdsmen.

I thought Igbos have been saying they also have their kinsmen in the cattle business. So what is wrong if the governor intends to build a monstrous cattle market?
he only change the name colony to business. Rocha's can never be president. he can never deliver block vote for APC or Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by oooduancalmdown: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Some people have comprehension issues. The article did not say it is for Fulani colony. I think it will be owned by the state government
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by Cjrane2: 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
okosodo:
Imo state people are very foolish to still allow this man to be their governor

The state House of Assembly must immediately institute impeachment proceedings under the Governor reverts the issue to the House of Assembly for debate and passage of enabling laws.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by CharleyBright(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
Chai, Imolites please how did u people end up having this mad kunu drinking Okorocha of a man as your governor?
This man has mortgage your generations to the Northern oligarchies.
Imagine willing inviting the enemies to your bedrooms.
Eyah, it is a pity. The Fulani Herdsmen has finally secured a leeway into IMO state to establish a conquered colony.
I hope this won't spread to other eastern states.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by chernest2002: 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
grin[ grin grin imo have elected a governor there is no problem.
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by pauljumbo: 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Okorocha no need dss have said the killers are foreigners not fulanis

Even if you give them your mother land they will still attack
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by obailala(m): 12:02am On Jan 22, 2018
Daviddson:

You should know the words 'cow' or 'cattle' gives a lot of people an instant erection these days. Hatred for Rochas is also another factor which turns many people on... So you can imagine mentioning Rochas and cow in the samr sentence...

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by CSTR2: 12:59am On Jan 22, 2018
obailala:
You should know the words 'cow' or 'cattle' gives a lot of people an instant erection these days. Hatred for Rochas is also another factor which turns many people on... So you can imagine mentioning Rochas and cow in the samr sentence...
But why must it be roachas trying to be too forward?

Other governors in the east and elsewhere are adopting a wait-and see appraoch but roachas in keeeping in line with his pro-northern antecedence just has to start allocating hectares for cattles

Allocating Hectares for cattle in the east. A region that is smaller than many Northern single states.

Canj't you see anything wrong? Are you that partisan?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by obailala(m): 2:32am On Jan 22, 2018
CSTR2:

But why must it be roachas trying to be too forward?

Other governors in the east and elsewhere are adopting a wait-and see appraoch but roachas in keeeping in line with his pro-northern antecedence just has to start allocating hectares for cattles

Allocating Hectares for cattle in the east. A region that is smaller than many Northern single states.

Canj't you see anything wrong? Are you that partisan?
I didnt say I didnt see anything wrong. But then again, the only thing really wrong is just the bad reputation anything that has to do with cattle and fulanis have in the country today. If the land talked about can be used for massive ranches which would be operated by Imolites, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with the idea; in fact it would be a brilliant idea which would supply beef to the entire region especially at this time people are debating the boycott of beef from normadic killer herdsmen.
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by saintvc(m): 2:57am On Jan 22, 2018
they will still not make him vice president

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by Ratello: 3:01am On Jan 22, 2018
This bastard must not survive this how did IMO an Igbo State arrive at this? This is too much to bear.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by bloodmoneyspita: 7:22am On Jan 22, 2018
Nice
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by naijapips04: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2018
obailala:
I didnt say I didnt see anything wrong. But then again, the only thing really wrong is just the bad reputation anything that has to do with cattle and fulanis have in the country today. If the land talked about can be used for massive ranches which would be operated by Imolites, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with the idea; in fact it would be a brilliant idea which would supply beef to the entire region especially at this time people are debating the boycott of beef from normadic killer herdsmen.

We already have cattle markets and slaughter houses across the east. Why set aside hectares of land for just a cattle market in a state that gas very little land. No major market in imo state has much as 1200 hectares of land.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by bloodmoneyspita: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2018
naijapips04:

We already have cattle markets and slaughter houses across the east. Why set aside hectares of land for just a cattle market in a state that gas very little land. No major market in imo state has much as 1200 hectares of land.

And he destroyed ekwu eke market

1 Like

Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by obailala(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2018
naijapips04:

I wasnt necessarily referring to a cattle market, rather I was talking of cattle farms, cattle ranches were beef would be produced. Besides, what kind of market covers 1200 hectares?.. that doesnt sound like a matket.
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by royalamour(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2018
shocked
Re: Okorocha To Commission 1,125 Hectares Of Land For Cattle Business by bloodmoneyspita: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2018
tonye barcanista I hail

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Doctor Tells This Beautiful Lady That The Only Cure Is To Vote Buhari / Osundecides2018: No Way Out For Adeleke And PDP On Thursday- Lai Mohammed / Surrender Your Bourdillon Home For Cattle Colony – Afenifere Blasts Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.