Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Ekiti 2018: Prof. Kolapo Olusola Urges Return Of PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: Prof. Kolapo Olusola Urges Return Of PDP (337 Views)

Meet Deji Ogunsakin, Kolapo Olusola Eleka's Running Mate / Kolapo Olusola Eleka Is PDP Candidate For The Ekiti Governorship Election / Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: Prof. Kolapo Olusola Urges Return Of PDP by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
Deputy Governor of Ekiti State and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, has urged the people of the state to return the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power in the coming governorship election because PDP has been more beneficial to the state than the All Progressives Congress (APC) administrations.

The governorship hopeful who shed light on how he would govern the state if elected said that 90% of the projects adorning the state were executed by the PDP administrations.”

According to a press statement by the Director of Press and Strategy, Kolapo Olusola Campaign Organisation (KOCO), Mr Kamil Ishola, issued in Ado-Ekiti Sunday, Olusola said in the history of the state, PDP governments had been beneficial to the people than the All Progressives Congress (APC) administrations and advised the people of the state to let the good works continue.

“We are all witnesses to what happened in the state from 1999 to 2003 and how the tenure of those who are now chieftains of the APC plunged the state into debts. It was the administration of Ayodele Fayose (2003 -2006) which took over that cleared the debts. Fayose also left office with over N10 billion in the state’s treasury.

“The PDP administration that followed did not also borrow a dime but the APC government of Kayode Fayemi left the state reeling in huge debts.

It is the huge debts that Governor Fayose has to contend with now. We thank God that despite the initial setback, the governor has been able to execute a number of legacy projects that have changed the landscape of the state.

Olusola boasted that Governor Fayose has, by overwhelming performance, set an unmatched records in the governance of the state, and therefore deserves good support from the people by returning PDP in the July 14 poll.

He stated that some of the legacy projects are the flyover, the new Governor’s Office, the judiciary complex, the new Ojaba Market, the dualization of Ikere-Ado Road, the dualization of roads across local government headquarters among others.” These are projects that have positively impacted on the development of the state and her people.

“Continuity is very germane to Ekiti this time around. And I am urging Ekiti people to vote for me inorder to continue and improve on the legacy.”

“I want to say emphatically that I am like other PDP aspirants and we will all be subjected to the primary of the party and the leadership of the party has assured of a level playing field for all of us,” he said.

On his chances in the PDP primary, Olusola said, ” I am looking unto God and the party to clinch the ticket.

“I am here only to serve the people, bring the administrative lessons and acumen learned under Governor Fayose, to play in developing the state.”

Olusola added that the Fayose administration had set a standard in the state that nobody would dare to perform below, saying the PDP had become the people’s choice in Ekiti.

He said Fayose administration introduced open door policy, transparency and welfarism, promising to continue with it.

http://ekitidefender.com/ekiti-2018-prof-kolapo-olusola-urges-return-pdp/

Lalasticlala Dominique Ishilove Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Says Buhari Is Healthy Enough To Seek Re-election In 2019 / Nigeria’s “Cattle Colonies”: When Stupidity Colonises The Mind / Be Conscious Of Your Voting Right NGO Tells Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.