Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Https://goubadia..com/2018/01/nigeria-constitution-formidable-too.html - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Https://goubadia..com/2018/01/nigeria-constitution-formidable-too.html (303 Views)

Bayelsa Tribunal: Nigeria Constitution Stand Point / Mohammed Santuraki: Atiku Is A Formidable Opponent, Whether We Admit It Or Not / Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Constitution Now Suspended, Fayose Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Https://goubadia..com/2018/01/nigeria-constitution-formidable-too.html by Goubadia1: 9:28am On Jan 22, 2018
Though Nigeria officially gained independent October 1st 1960 as the record have it but you will believe me when if say Nigeria is still under some protectorate cabal for their selfish interest. I can say categorically that Nigeria never matured to gain independent as at the time they ganged up against British clamouring for independent. Why I said so, because even those who fault for the independent were not futuristic enough to think that Nigeria will become a tribalism country, inexperience country in dealing with issues that has to do with lives of the majority in case of insurgency and corrupted minded Nigerians will become was never been pictured then. They went ahead by adopting a British constitution but we fail to adapt to the adopted constitution because this is Nigeria where right become wrong for less privilege but wrong become right for the rich most especially those that are politically inclined, a country where exploitation is of high in case of police, road safety and other paramilitaries forces collecting bribe and deviate from the intent of creating and establishing those offices. A country that can not pay eighteen thousand (18,000) minimum wages of civil servants per month but never fail in paying millions of Naira as monthly salary for our senators for both upper and lower house who promise to serve us out of their goodwill. Nigeria where an hungry man will walk a thousand mile before he could get what to eat and a rich man will walk a thousand mile before he could digest what he has eaten. A country that never believe in her citizens, no qualified engineers to construct our roads and bridges but only Chinese and Lebanise can do that, never see quality in their education standard all they do is by sending their children to universities in United State and other foreign countries and fail to improve on our educational sector, A country where an hungry man will steal hundred Naira from market and almost get killed if not burnt or send to jail but our politicians who claim they are for our interest will steal billions of dollar but still never get prosecuted. A country where education become privilege not our right again. A country where public participation and society development become a league of age and how rich u are not how brain or enthusiastic u are for the development of ones individual community. A country where to get anything done such as employment, admission into tertiary institutions, Nigeria Defense Academy (NDA) become political appointment and not base on merit anymore. A country where innocent dies and doer become free due to popularity or political personality.

The adopted constitution that always silent when it’s come to issues that has to do with rich men /politicians, adopted constitution that will prove rich men right and prove less privilege wrong in the court of law. Adopted constitution that says our political class can travel to Europe, Asia, Arab, UK for medical treatment when they are sick but the less privilege can go to unhygienic, unequipped maternity for medical treatment.

I never heard a case where our senators threatening to go on strike due to unpaid salary but they never listen to the yelling of the civil servants despite their hard-work.

WHERE I THINK WE (LESS PRIVILEGE) GO WRONG;

Individually we are all responsible for our problem because we elect thieves, we elect hyenas to take care of goats and when those goats are consumed we wonder why?

We allow those politicians who are good for nothing to play on our intelligent by allowing them to use us for business for their personal interest and to enrich their pocket. Why because, they see election as business, they borrow money from World bank, Central bank of Nigeria, and other Commercial banks, travel to Thailand to customised a cup of rice in a small bag and start distributing with either three hundred Naira (300) or so depend on the population and the sharing ratio. What we should note in that is, the customised rice will never be branded in Nigeria where many Nigerians can secure job, and the money they borrowed must be returned with interest depending on the agreement sometimes 30% and we should just know that the moment we start collecting the rice, goodies and sharing money collected from them, we are collecting our future as they will only promise without fulfilling because the money to use in fulfilling those outstanding promises has been returned to where they borrowed money from.

Again, I see no where in Nigeria Police Act, even in the adopted constitution where police, road safety and other paramilitaries are mandated to be collecting money from road users but since we fail to understand for our civil right and fail to stand against injustice collectively, we begin to suffer the pain all alone because we are less privilege.

We sell our votes, on rice, goodies and a token given to us by them and forget that those politicians will never allow their children to even study in Nigeria, not to of voting. They will not allow their children to go on rally with us because of what the likely result may be as we the less privilege will be fighting and killing ourselves because them. We become political hallelujah boys and girls after we might have received token from them because of poverty and illiteracy level of some people. Why can’t we just give it a think that anyone contesting and needed our help should come along with one of his or her daughter to render the help together? Why can’t we stop collecting rice, goodies and money from them and lets look at who is capable, who will listen to our yelling and see our problems as his or her problem?

Why do we always support those who have become rich already, maybe because they are the most brained, most influential, most accommodating, or most preferable ones, why do we always send those who never stay with us even for a year to represent us, someone who never see the problem we are facing as problem, someone who never face challenges we are facing such as poor electricity supply, lack of good and accessible road, drinkable water, and other social amenities, someone who never see education as right but privilege, someone who will never give accessible scholarship to the less privilege, someone who after elected will not be accessible again unlike before, someone who will never have house in his/her constituency but live in far distance?

If those elders in political positions can not allow youths to rule, then one can say that Nigeria is not futuristic and we are yet to gain independent because the last time I checked, the eldest among those who fault for the independent then was 31 year (I stand to be corrected on this). I don’t want to look far, let’s emulate from a country that just elected 31 years old man as her president.

I wonder why they are deceiving us by calling we youths as the leaders of tomorrow since 14th century and still never age enough to rule. I don’t know when we shall old enough to be holding political post base on criteria of readiness and capability to lead.

I will conclude by saying we youths should encourage our parents and educate them, open their eye to some certain thing they ain't know yet and stop collecting rice, goodies and money from those politicians…let’s vote for our candidates on interest not by selling out votes and if para-venture they get to the post and fail to remember us again, God is there to judge as nothing in life is permanent. Also, we should stop been political hallelujah boys and girls and stop being their machinery to achieve success in an illegal way as our integrity will be at stake in the future.

I want to believe this piece will touch some minds and change our individual thinking faculty must see that less privilege deserve good governance not been use as political animal alone, we need to enjoy dividend of government this time around.

more inquiry

May God bless Nigeria

May God bless Osun State

May God bless Ayedaade Local Government

May God Bless Odeomu

May God Bless us all.

(1) (Reply)

Cattle Colonies Solutions / Which Way Nigeria Politian ? / BRUTAL TRUTH - A Must Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.