Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

"Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders (43211 Views)

Don't Resign - Yoruba Elders To Osinbajo / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition / Buhari@76: See The ThrowBack Advert By Fayose & PDP Wishing Buhari Death In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by bionixs: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Cretaceous:
Why sultan should be dictating to Yoruba Muslims when and when not sight the moon, when and when not to fast still amuses me up till now.
Low self esteem I guess.
they think God a bus conductor or owo da alaye boy who no dey get appointment time
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by usba: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
jbtobsyn:
What is your father's qualifications, even u that is talking
U are calling Prof,Dr as jobless.
U are the biggest fool in the world.

You use words that describe you and your family
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by mercyville: 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
yusufyusuf1:
Funny set of people they are not speaking for the Yoruba at least not for me they just want to be remembered they want a share of the national cake too

Shut your rat hole!!They speak for 90% of us.We know the road is tedious but we are embarking on it and success will surely be ours.To know a people,read their history.A tiger does not shout its tigritude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by zendy: 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yorubas dont have what it takes to leave Nigeria, they are not Igbos.

The North will reject restructuring and Yorubas will go back to chanting 'one Nigeria'

4 Likes

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
omonnakoda:

He mentioned restructuring several times to disown.it
He said Biafra or death

He never did. He chanted biafra or death and started acting like a delusional Jewish fanatic.

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Nasir123(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
nextstep:

I don't have anything against restructuring. What I'm against is this threat of "restructure or we break apart". OK, so the Federal Government refuses to restructure (based on it's interpretation and responsibility to the existing Constitution). Then what? Violence? Those seem to be the only options presented by "restructure or we leave".

I'm not saying people don't have a right to self-determination, but those who are clamoring for it are also calling for the other things that have historically come with political upheaval... and cynically, I'm pointing out that those who signed these papers won't be the ones bearing arms, suffering the loss of children, being killed or starving.

I'm also noting that there are far better ways to provide employment opportunities than restructuring (since employment is the main thrust of the advert), and that even after restructuring, the monies spent on that effort could be better spent implying people, today.

Employment is not the main thrust of any advert.

See,if u look around you,a lot has gone wrong with us as a people.
I agree with you on the point of shoving it to our rep. But like I said,everything has gone wrong with us as a people.

If we all can't see the danger by trying to pretend/be scared of restructuring, we shall face a bigger consequence in the future.

Like I said,we are not thesame. And we can never be the same.
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by AfonjaConehead: 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Just imagine what they will name their imaginary kwantiri, THE NGBANTI PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CONEHEADS

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Sprumbabafather: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

Scare? You believe this is an attempt to scare anyone? No wonder Kanu and his ipob morons failed miserably.
Ibo leaders better put on their thinking caps.

Replying Hausa man and you are talking Ipob? You are irredeemable.
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
zendy:

The North will reject restructuring and Yorubas will go back to chanting 'one Nigeria'

They are not ibos, are ibos now independent? Have they gotten a tiny little concession from Nigeria ever since they started yelling and bragging about some imaginary largest army in Africa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by nextstep(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
Cretaceous:
Why sultan should be dictating to Yoruba Muslims when and when not sight the moon, when and when not to fast still amuses me up till now.
Low self esteem I guess.

Why? The Sultan of Sokoto is considered the spiritual leader of the Muslim community in Nigeria. Who else should Yoruba Muslims take religious directions and observance from?
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by nextstep(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nasir123:

Employment is not the main thrust of any advert.

See,if u look around you,a lot has gone wrong with us as a people.
I agree with you on the point of shoving it to our rep. But like I said,everything has gone wrong with us as a people.

If we all can't see the danger by trying to pretend/be scared of restructuring, we shall face a bigger consequence in the future.

Like I said,we are not thesame. And we can never be the same.

"No one needs to be told of the suffering of the people under the harsh economy...
... aspirations of most Nigerians are not being met...
... the dissatisfaction of citizens largely stems from a lack of opportunities for self development and employment..."

Are we reading the same advert? Those are clearly economic/employment concerns.

And it's the bolded above that caused civil wars and continued strife in Yorubaland (and other parts of Nigeria too). We don't have to be the same to create a great nation.

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by godwin120alex: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
Crying and smiling. Bunch of jokers. Most of them supported Sai Baba
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
nextstep:

"No one needs to be told of the suffering of the people under the harsh economy...
... the dissatisfaction of citizens largely stems from a lack of opportunities for self development and employment..."

The guy you replied is just being dishonest. How can you read the post and conclude the thrust of the advert is unemployment!
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Sprumbabafather: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

They are not ibos, are ibos now independent? Have they gotten a tiny little concession from Nigeria ever since they started yelling and bragging about some imaginary largest army in Africa?

Ibos found out this shitholle will never work since since 1966, it took the yorubas 52 years to realise the same things Ojukwu saw when Osinbajo was a toddler
still running butt nakked bathing on the rain waters of Ogbomosho grin

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by talk2emma: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yorofools

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by zendy: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

What Im trying to say is that Igbos once left Nigeria. This is a feat that the Yoruba nation can only talk about but can never ever attempt. There are somethings that are beyond the capabilities of Yorubas and one of them is secession.

The Yoruba man is not made of the stuff needed to be a secessionist.

That is why most Igbos will laugh at any talk by Yorubas to leave Nigeria, it will only end in talk, same as YOLICOM.

2 Likes

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Ibos found out this shitholle will never work since since 1966, it took the yorubas 52 years to realise the same things Ojukwu saw when Osinbajo was a
still running butt naked bathing on the rain waters of Ogbomosho grin

When papa Awo brilliantly proposed a secession clause be included in the independence constitution in case things didn't work out, what did your leaders do?
I guess it took ibos 3 million dead and 52 years in political wilderness to wake up.
Even when the call for restructuring started ibos were noticeably mute.

2 Likes

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by AfonjaConehead: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Coneheads were the mumu errand pigeons for mallams (as typical slaves)in the war against the crusader,Nnamdi Kanu. They were the empty barrels and high sounding drums,shouting anti Kanu bla bla bla.. They were foaming in the mouth and dared Kanu to enter Lagos. Operation python dance became more popular than the birthday,life and times of their great Otapiapia hero grin

Now they wan port to their amala kwantiri of coneheads where they will be free to pick pocket and harvest their heads for rituals,whosaai grin grin

all coneheads repeat after me: "ONE NAIJIRIYA!"

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....KIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKI...
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
zendy:

What Im trying to say is that Igbos once left Nigeria. This is a feat that the Yoruba nation can only talk about but can never ever attempt. There are somethings that are beyond the capabilities of Yorubas and one of them is secession.

The Yoruba man is not made of the stuff needed to be a secessionist.

That is why most Igbos will laugh at any talk by Yorubas to leave Nigeria, it will only end in talk, same as YOLICOM.

Yoruba man not made for the stuff needed to be a secessionist? I'm I supposed to be debating this nonsense with you? Is there anyone specially made to be a secessionist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
ebujany:
undecided

We afonjas must remain a slave to Fulani and their cows...said baba till 2023

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by nextstep(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

The guy you reply is just being dishonest. How can you read the post and conclude the trust of the advert is unemployment!

OK, I must be mistaken (and I'm not trying to be cheeky).

Please quote the article and make plain its main thrust. If people were gainfully employed with good jobs, schools, hospitals, etc. do you think this advert would make any sense? Intellectuals just get together and demand restructuring because everything is going well? Consider the following:

"Everyone is eating well and is healthy, so let's restructure for some other undisclosed reason" <- this one doesn't make much sense.

"Everyone is suffering, there are no jobs, so let's restructure" <- this one makes more sense, which leads me to my conclusion.

Instead of just stating that unemployment is not the main thrust, please put forward a plausible reason for the advert. I've given you my plausible reasons for my conclusion.
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
AfonjaConehead:
Coneheads were the mumu errand pigeons for mallams (as typical slaves)in the war against the crusader,Nnamdi Kanu. They were the empty barrels and high sounding drums,shouting anti Kanu bla bla bla.. They were foaming in the mouth and dared Kanu to enter Lagos. Operation python dance became more popular than the birthday,life and times of their great Otapiapia hero grin

Now they wan port to their amala kwantiri of coneheads where they will be free to pick pocket and harvest their heads for rituals,whosaai grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Where is Nnamdi Kanu? What happened to Biafra or death? I bet Kanu eventually chose death and killed himself.
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Tinubu
I dey see ur handwork oooooo
Once bitten thrice shy
Nobody will be used again by d fulani terrorists
Ext is middle belt and adaka boro descendants
Enuf is enuf
Our mumu don do angry
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Guestlander: 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
nextstep:

OK, I must be mistaken (and I'm not trying to be cheeky).

Please quote the article and make plain it's main thrust. If people were gainfully employed with good jobs, schools, hospitals, etc. do you think this advert would make any sense? Intellectuals just get together and demand restructuring because everything is going well? Everyone is eating well and is healthy, so let's restructure? I don't get it.

Read the part where the OP marked as " Must Read" and tell us what you think.
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Sprumbabafather: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

When papa Awo brilliantly proposed a secession clause be included in the independence constitution in case things didn't work out, what did your leaders do?
I guess it took ibos 3 million dead and 52 years in political wilderness to wake up.
Even when the call for restructuring started ibos were noticeably mute.

Stop crying, clean your eyes and start learning how to shoot bazookas grin your turn is next.

2 Likes

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by AfonjaConehead: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

Where is Nnamdi Kanu? What happened to Biafra or death? I bet Kanu eventually chose death and killed himself.

painment o grin grin

sai Baba grin

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Sprumbabafather: 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
AfonjaConehead:

grin grin grin grin grin

Below the belt hot punch grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by konoplyanka: 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
zendy:

When did ibos leave Nigeria?
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Sprumbabafather: 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guestlander:

Where is MKO?
Where is Kudirat?
Where is Dele Giwa? grin

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2018
SIRTee15:

Yoruba elders shouldn't follow the route of Igbos.....
It's a road that leads to nowhere...
Lack of strategic thinking was the bane of nnamdi kanu and his IPOB group....
The names I see there are educated personality who command great respect in the country....
Let them approach the Yoruba representatives in both house of assembly n deliver these message to them....
Yoruba people wants regional restructuring.....
Now let these representatives consistently raise it on the floor of the house....
Then the rest of us can back suport them and mount the pressure on the presidency....
The truth remain neither buhari nor the northerners can stop restructuring if we the southerners sincerely demands for it....
Waiting for buhari or sultan to call for restructuring is futile...
Nobody will do your job for u....
What I see is that southern politicians are not keen on restructuring and only pay lip service to the call....
Moreover, we southerners are also not interested in this change.....
because if we do, we will only send politicians interested in immediate restructuring of this nation to Abuja....
And if they fail to deliver the promise, we vote them out.....
I wonder what's so difficult about that....

Let me tell u what is difficult about it
Southwestern senators are there kissing saraki's ass while their counterparts in the green chamber are there sharing proceeds from padded budgets
Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by Nasir123(m): 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2018
nextstep:

And it's the bolded above that caused civil wars and continued strife in Yorubaland (and other parts of Nigeria too). We don't have to be the same to create a great nation.

I understand your point pls.
But,have you really noticed the way some region(and their leaders) behave? Some do not know anything about development, and they will do everything to sabotage the thought of it.

For people like myself, some region are limiting the growth of others. Restructuring will allow us to move at various pace,while still maintaining the great entity called Nigeria.

That's the only way we will maximize of diverse potentials.

1 Like

Re: "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders by AfonjaConehead: 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
ebujany:
undecided

We afonjas must remain a slave to Fulani and their cows...said baba till 2023

GBAM!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Deletes Her Tweet Congratulating Tinubu / Lady Asks Osinbajo About 'Cabals In Aso Rock'. Check Out His Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.