Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

5 Idols Christian Leaders Worship Today - Thelifebeam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Idols Christian Leaders Worship Today - Thelifebeam (257 Views)

TB Joshua's Burial: No PFN, CAN And Notable Christian Leaders / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Idols Christian Leaders Worship Today - Thelifebeam by Thelifebeam: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
I’ve never had the urge to bow down to a metal cow, a carved human, or a wooden pole. The idea of chanting or dancing around a six-armed deity or pot-bellied statue doesn’t even come close to getting me excited. I’ve never wanted to make offerings to rats living in a shrine.

But that doesn’t mean I’m immune to idols. The idols that trip me up as a church leader aren’t tangible figures of supposed gods and goddesses. They’re ideas and beliefs that can, if left unchecked, crowd out my worship of the one true God.

Here are 5 idols Christian leaders worship today

So, what idols cause him fits?

1. Strategy

Planning how to get things done is great, and every church needs a strategy. But the problem is that such plans can’t pre-empt trusting God in faith.

2. Skill

God has gifted us all for service in the Church. That’s a good thing. Often, though, we’re tempted to substitute our skills for God’s supernatural work in the lives of people.

3. Size

You can make an idol out of a large church size or a small one. Either way, we have to remember that God gives the growth and prunes as He sees fit.

4. Stats

This idol comes in many forms: volunteers, attendance, baptisms, giving, website numbers, etc. But stats don’t tell you your worth.

5. Alliances

Sad to say, but our tribe or denomination can also be source of pride. Alliances like this can be good, but tribes don’t save. Only God does that.

See Other Idols we worship ignorantly here>>>https://thelifebeam./2018/01/22/5-idols-christian-leaders-worship-today/

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Billy Graham’s Devotional For 24th January : Topic - Meeting Spiritual Needs / Protect Your Spiritual Strength [proverbs 24:10] / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.