Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. (1011 Views)

Buhari: We Don’t Have Any Money To Import Food, Farmers Should Start Producing / APC Rejected In The South East As PMB Enugu Campaign Rally Flops / Okorocha Should Start Sewing His Prison Uniform - Uche Onyeagucha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Castanea(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
Under the present political arrangement, Benue State is grouped among the States in Northern Nigeria. Thus, there are 19 States in the North.

In reality, Benue has no cultural and religious ties with Northern Nigeria. It does not even have geographical boundaries with the core North. All the States sharing boundaries with Benue are grouped as Middle Belt.

It is also interesting to note that, among the so-called 19 Northern States, Benue and Plateau are the only States with Christian Governors. The other 17 State Governors are all Muslims.

I think Benue should start looking towards the South, as we share nothing in common with terrorists. A political realignment with the South will be in our best interest.
Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Agbaletu: 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
The Governor of Taraba state is a christian.

1 Like

Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Castanea(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
Agbaletu:
The Governor of Taraba state is a christian.

Noted. Thanks.
Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by TheKingdom: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is what Kanu was telling you guys, especially when it came to Igala and Idoma that are related to their Eastern brothers, but instead many of you guys thought the man was maaaaad. Now see how Fulani killed hundreds without any arrest till date.

Shame on Black africans

3 Likes

Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Castanea(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
TheKingdom:
This is what Kanu was telling you guys, especially when it came to Igala and Idoma that are related to their Eastern brothers, but instead many of you guys thought the man was maaaaad. Now see how Fulani killed hundreds without any arrest till date.

Shame on Black africans

In as much as I appreciate your comment, I have always spoken in favour of Biafra on my alternate handle. This one is relatively knew. I can give you the handle to check. And not everyone in Benue is against Biafra. In fact, we the youth of Benue are seriously against the 'one North' tag.
Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Ofodirinwa: 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
None of these people can name one thing Nnamdi Kanu said that isn't accurate. Idiots in Benue named Ahamefuna were even insulting Kanu when he said that they're Biafrans. Never once questioning if they were Arewa. Continue with your stupidity
Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by DerideGull(m): 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2018
It is very difficult to rehabilitate a person who has been under the authority of Emirate. Sokoto Caliphate did a good number on certain folks in the northern region of Nigeria. The non-Fulani in the so-called northern region of Nigeria always act slavishly.

1 Like

Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Castanea(m): 9:25am On Jan 23, 2018
DerideGull:
It is very difficult to rehabilitate a person who has been under the authority of Emirate. Sokoto Caliphate did a good number on certain folks in the northern region of Nigeria. The non-Fulani in the so-called northern region of Nigeria always act slavishly.

Sir. Glad you are coming back on the Forum again. I personally missed you and the others in your league. Back then, NL Politics Section was educative and highly informative.

You are right. The present crop of politicians in Benue (and Middle Belt) have failed woefully in pushing forward the identity and agenda for Benue and Middle Belt. As you rightly pointed out, they prefer to be enslaved by the core North.

In his days, Late Senator J S Tarkaa saw the evil of Northern domination of the minorities in the Middle Belt. Our present day politicians have sold us out to the core North via politics of selfishness.

However, we the present youths of Benue and Middle Belt are determined to shake off the shackles of slavery, and carve out our unique political identity.

Our forefathers made a mistake by refusing to identify with Biafra. But times have change. The political terrain is also fast changing. Now, we are of the sincere view that, a cohesion with the South will serve us better than the present arrangement.

And before I conclude, let me state clearly that, the views expressed here are a true representation of the reality on the ground. Please, we will appreciate highly if the South (particularly Igbo) do not continue to judge us by the mistakes of the past as well as the unpleasant attitudes of two or three persons on this Forum. Your maximum support is highly solicited as we decide to take our identity and destiny in our own hands from evil men.
Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Turantula(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Castanea:

Sir. Glad you are coming back on the Forum again. I personally missed you and the others in your league. Back then, NL Politics Section was educative and highly informative.

You are right. The present crop of politicians in Benue (and Middle Belt) have failed woefully in pushing forward the identity and agenda for Benue and Middle Belt. As you rightly pointed out, they prefer to be enslaved by the core North.

In his days, Late Senator J S Tarkaa saw the evil of Northern domination of the minorities in the Middle Belt. Our present day politicians have sold us out to the core North via politics of selfishness.

However, we the present youths of Benue and Middle Belt are determined to shake off the shackles of slavery, and carve out our unique political identity.

Our forefathers made a mistake by refusing to identify with Biafra. But times have change. The political terrain is also fast changing. Now, we are of the sincere view that, a cohesion with the South will serve us better than the present arrangement.

And before I conclude, let me state clearly that, the views expressed here are a true representation of the reality on the ground. Please, we will appreciate highly if the South (particularly Igbo) do not continue to judge us by the mistakes of the past as well as the unpleasant attitudes of two or three persons on this Forum. Your maximum support is highly solicited as we decide to take our identity and destiny in our own hands from evil men.
Smart, fact & truth. Watch out for divide and rule propaganda that will come from the core north in few days time

1 Like

Re: Benue Should Start Looking Towards The South. by Castanea(m): 10:00am On Jan 23, 2018
Turantula:

Smart, fact & truth. Watch out for divide and rule propaganda that will come from the core north in few days time

Thanks.
I have been around on this Forum for a while now. I am not ignorant of their evil devices. I have been engaging them on my other handles.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edo Council Election: APC Wins All 18 Chairmanship Seats / Nigeria Absent As 44 African Nations Sign Free Trade Area Agreement / 2019:okorocha, Oshiomhole Will Not Save You – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.