Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) (24967 Views)

Moment A Parked All-electric Tesla Model S Car Exploded In A Garage / Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo) / Tesla Model S Becomes The World's Fastest Bulletproof Car! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Follygunners: 9:01am On Jan 26, 2018
makizee:

Oga, he is right and you're wrong...Tesla has even more charging stations outside the US than in the US, a simple google search would clear this up...Tesla is sold worldwide in coutries with the right infrastructure, which is why African countries don't have any Tesla dealership

You're right. I was stuck in 2yrs back and was more focused on the super-charging stations which are even global. My bad. undecided
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by gcof(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

I beg to differ if the owner knows better in this regard... after all him be 9ja. It's all abt the show-boating, short-term goals and strat. undecided
so you mean he knows that after exhausting the power he won’t be able to charge it in Nigeria yet he went ahead to spend such huge amount just to show off����?
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by ashjay001(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2018
Flye:
At least u go use ur generator at home to charge it and ur generator go need fuel. My greatest pity for this man is the mechanic, by the time kazeem dealt with him, he will know that he is driving tester not Tesla.

The only tin kazeem go fit touch for that car, na shockstongue

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You are right for base charging but if this model S comes with super charging upgrade it would take just one hour to fill up a with a super charger

Yes I know. But superchargers are not installed at home.. and we don't have supercharger stations yet in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by teamsynergy: 9:08am On Jan 26, 2018
makizee:

Oga, he is right and you're wrong...Tesla has even more charging stations outside the US than in the US, a simple google search would clear this up...Tesla is sold worldwide in coutries with the right infrastructure, which is why African countries don't have any Tesla dealership

dont mind them...with a very basic knowledge of electronics or inverter, u can easily find your way around this car... far easier to maintain than combustion engines .. and charging it is quite easy too. have seen many videos on u tube

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by teamsynergy: 9:11am On Jan 26, 2018
ashjay001:

The only tin kazeem go fit touch for that car, na shockstongue

don't mind them jare...which kazeeem... it's beta to take the car to arena at oshodi where inverters are fixed..and have seen the Tesla car inverter, it's a very simple 3 phase inverter ...quite easy to maintain ..even the mosfets are very common
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 26, 2018
Flye:
At least u go use ur generator at home to charge it and ur generator go need fuel. My greatest pity for this man is the mechanic, by the time kazeem dealt with him, he will know that he is driving tester not Tesla.

WTF are u saying? If someone is rich enough to ship in this car then u should know he's not a mere hustler.. got to be someone that has like 2-4 other cars parked in his compound so kini big deal. Is it not in this country we see Rolls Royce, Ferraris, etc that are more expensive than this. This car will not be used as a daily driver, just a weekend car so u can keep ur pity to urself. If someone can afford this, he can also afford to ship it overseas for repairs or ship in the mechanics. Money talks bro.

4 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by teamsynergy: 9:12am On Jan 26, 2018
gcof:
so you mean he knows that after exhausting the power he won’t be able to charge it in Nigeria yet he went ahead to spend such huge amount just to show off����?

he can charge his car at home...no mind the guy

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by ashjay001(m): 9:14am On Jan 26, 2018
teamsynergy:

don't mind them jare...which kazeeem... it's beta to take the car to arena at oshodi where inverters are fixed..and have seen the Tesla car inverter, it's a very simple 3 phase inverter ...quite easy to maintain ..even the mosfets are very common

With all these online markets, wetin u no fit buy come ship in? I trust my alaba boys, by June, dem go don get d parts sefgrin
Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

You can't charge them using the regular home-made electrical output else, you damage the programming. You need special charging stations for these vehicles, bro. which are ONLY available here in the U.S and NOT in any other place in the world which is why they've not gone abroad yet. undecided

Lol, bro who told u this? The car comes with its own mobile charger but would take several hours to charge. Or u can install a home charger which and plug into our regular 240v and would take 8-10 hours. The super chargers are meant for people on a trip or when u just want a top up... in fact 80% of people that drive Tesla uise the home charger.

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 26, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Once the charging cable is modified to 220 volts in Nigeria against 110 volts in US, then the dude is good to go.

Nice one

Actually the home charger comes standard with 240v even in the US. Its only the mobile charger that comes with 110v and that one takes several hours to charge. If u are buying this in the US u will need to install a 240v socket in ur home to plug the standard charger. But in Nigeria here there's no need to install any special socket.. we already are on 220-240v, so just plug the kit into any socket and u are good to go.

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

I beg to differ if the owner knows better in this regard... after all him be 9ja. It's all abt the show-boating, short-term goals and strat. undecided

See as u dey carry another person problem for head like say u sabi the owner lol. I can bet the owner of this car knows much more about the car than u do.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2018
babaniyen1:

You don't know what you are saying. I saw a few I'm China. Stop saying rubbish

The guy just dey use Panadol for another person headache. tesla that is everywhere in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by teamsynergy: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2018
ashjay001:

With all these online markets, wetin u no fit buy come ship in? I trust my alaba boys, by June, dem go don get d parts sefgrin
honestly, its no big...so many guyz take this car apart on YouTube and the system is very simple unlike the complex combustion engine with various parts... u don't even need engine oil...this Car is far better...

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

China? You probably meant the boot-leg version. undecided Anyway, I'm done arguing over this nonsense. Get informed, Boss!

Dude u need to get informed and stop disgracing urself. China has the highest sales after the US and tesla is growing at a very fast rate in China. teslas are sold allover Europe... UK, Norway, Netherlands, etc. A little google search will help u.

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by lacidi: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

Your guess is as good as mine. The only way is probably for him to improvise a devised strategy which could end up having a negative impact on the mother board and other computer programs in the vehicle. It's highly sophisticated and requires adequate and thorough maintenance only by Tesla.

You can charge a Tesla with your normal home 220v socket. It only takes longer to charge than charging in a public Charging station. Also Tesla is sold in the UK with 220v charging, so there is no problem using it in Nigeria. You can read more about Tesla charging here https://www.tesla.com/charging

When you but a Tesla in the US you can also request for an optional 220V charging kit, so it does not matter where you bought the Tesla, 220v charging is available.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by klens(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2018
That's why google is good, 90% of Tesla owners charges there at home. Actually you can charge your Tesla in our regular home socket just that it will take longer probably days to be fully charge an empty Tesla battery. But in supercharging stations it takes only 75min to be fully charged

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by ashjay001(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2018
teamsynergy:

honestly, its no big...so many guyz take this car apart on YouTube and the system is very simple unlike the complex combustion engine with various parts... u don't even need engine oil...this Car is far better...

The only prob I foresee, is d batt replacement. Ordinary inverter batt self, fake no gree person restsad

1 Like

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by teamsynergy: 9:37am On Jan 26, 2018
ashjay001:

The only prob I foresee, is d batt replacement. Ordinary inverter batt self, fake no gree person restsad

that's d part will really cost some cash... but one can import the battery pack from Tesla...they battery suppose last sha

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2018
klens:
That's why google is good, 90% of Tesla owners charges there at home. Actually you can charge your Tesla in our regular home socket just that it will take longer probably days to be fully charge an empty Tesla battery. But in supercharging stations it takes only 75min to be fully charged

It won't even take days when u plug with a 240v socket.. it will charge fully overnight. Its not a big deal as most people are making it look.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2018
ashjay001:

For a brand new car u can forget about battery replacement for at least the next 5-7 years.

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by klens(m): 9:48am On Jan 26, 2018
ashjay001:

according to what I saw, the battery will be replaced or serviced within 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by klens(m): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2018
greenhulk:

It won't even take days when u plug with a 240v socket.. it will charge fully overnight. Its not a big deal as most people are making it look.
you are right, it takes days for 110v and hours for 240v

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by judgedredd22(m): 10:02am On Jan 26, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Is this really Nigeria?

get to know the city in which you reside! that is the road that leads to the government house and shoprite ICM.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by japhethGold: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2018
Waooo! who bought the car?

How much does it cost?

I will surely buy one.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by itu404(m): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

You can't charge them using the regular home-made electrical output else, you damage the programming. You need special charging stations for these vehicles, bro. which are ONLY available here in the U.S and NOT in any other place in the world which is why they've not gone abroad yet. undecided

Get your facts right, bro, they ply the roads in Europe from UK to Poland. They even have a plant in Eindhoven, Netherlands and another mighty sales /charging/ maintenance in Amsterdam south east. 34 % of Taxis in Schiphol airport Amsterdam, are model S and X

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by crisycent: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Rain go soon start to fall. God help you and this car inside flood.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by ashjay001(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2018
klens:
according to what I saw, the battery will be replaced or serviced within 8 years.
greenhulk:

For a brand new car u can forget about battery replacement for at least the next 5-7 years.

Well, I work with engines, diesel engines(gens), strictly imported. The kind of factory errors I've come across ehn, makes u a cynic.

U discover, a lot of these, so-called, made in US, where actually manufactured in China(low quality control, due to cheap labour) n assembled in d US.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2018
ashjay001:

Well, I work with engines, diesel engines(gens), strictly imported. The kind of factory errors I've come across ehn, makes u a cynic.

U discover, a lot of these, so-called, made in US, where actually manufactured in China(low quality control, due to cheap labour) n assembled in d US.

I know no product is immune to factory errors, that is why we see lots of recalls from many car brands every year. But I still don't think u have to worry about replacing the battery in a Tesla for at least 5 yrs if bought brand new. The battery is one of the most expensive components of the car. Also when u put into consideration that nobody would import a Tesla to nigeria to be used as a daily driver without having other cars. Or have u seen someone own a Ferrari or lambo or bentley benteyga or rolls Royce as an only car?

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by doe: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2018
Follygunners:

No comment.. Keep talking BS!

Do you want photo proof?

http://bfy.tw/GFzK UK

http://bfy.tw/GFzP Malaysia

Stop showing your ignorance!!

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by doe: 11:55am On Jan 26, 2018
DMathematical:
Lollz only a simple google search will clear your doubt: "largest tesla charging station in the world" . . . They are actually in Shangai, China.

Dude is ignorant and probably typing from a cafe in the back end of Ekiti!

4 Likes

Re: Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
doe:

Dude is ignorant and probably typing from a cafe in the back end of Ekiti!

Lol. It's one thing to be ignorant, it's another to be doing it with so much confidence and arrogance. The guy eh.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux / The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic / The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.