Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,147 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) (37993 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East / 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Economic Trees In South East: 5years From Now,you'll Wish You Had Planted A Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 10:20am On Jan 24, 2018
This is nice. The other day I saw the motorized road sweeper on one of the bridges approaching Marina from the Ikoyi axis ...I think they're getting there.

AutoReportNG:
When it comes to technology, Lagos State is a step ahead of other states in Nigeria. To eliminate digging of holes and reduce the stress of planting trees, the Lagos State Parks (LASPARK) has purchased a transplanter called Big John. According to their website, Big John is a machine that is easy to operate both as manual and an automatic type. Below are the pictures as LASPARK officials engage Big John machine at work, they used it to move plants, for planting and many other things.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/01/see-type-of-machinery-lasg-used-for.html

2 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by colestephan86: 10:20am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:
Lagos is not a step ahead of every state in Nigeria, do not make ridiculous generalisation with your very limited knowledge .
Lagos of course is one of the most populous city in Nigeria and at such Man power is readily available but never mistake that for actual development.
A lot of states in Nigeria are way ahead of Lagos in technological advancement when we compute the average ratio of population, land and vicinity and the rate of technology accrued to each region.

My brother is it adamawa that is two steps ahaed of lagos or bayelsa. The states thqt can compete with lagos are the south south states n I put it to you that they are no where near lagos. 50% of the VAT generated in the whole country comes from lagos alone u can ask Ben bruise he will tell u. Baba lagos is years ahead just leave the debate.

3 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by efighter: 10:20am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:
Lagos is not a step ahead of every state in Nigeria, do not make ridiculous generalisation with your very limited knowledge .
Lagos of course is one of the most populous city in Nigeria and at such Man power is readily available but never mistake that for actual development.
A lot of states in Nigeria are way ahead of Lagos in technological advancement when we compute the average ratio of population, land and vicinity and the rate of technology accrued to each region.

Are you okay?

4 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:
i love the achievement of the lagos state government but the way some people are blowing it out of proportion and comparing it to other state is just crazy forgeting that those other states dont have the same access to robust funds that lagos has due to its strategic importance and location in the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2018
Papiikush:
This is nothing new to the modernized world.

Nevertheless, thumbs up to Ambode. Best Governor in Nigeria so far
aside Lagos, where else have u resided
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by bedspread: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2018
Ambo job well done but Biko CLEAN up Lagos... I Am presently almost 2wks old in The country but I have never seen Lagos this Dirty before
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by kazzy4u(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2018
Lagos is like new York city.. if ur living in any part of d state. u will still wntd to travel com Lagos as if ur traveling abroad

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by ycmdng(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:

Guy you need to drop this myopic ideology. Name any other state (and your state) in Nigeria with these kind of news. Overated or not, Lagos is the capital of West Africa. My one kobo!

3 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by feeloscar(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:

A lot of states? Pls name them.

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by SouthEastFacts: 10:40am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:
You are an Analyst. Not all these products of Nigerian Universities littered every where.
Where do you work?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Desyner: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2018
Papiikush:

With the way Lagos is, even wike will be best Governor if given the chance to run Lagos.
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Eke40seven(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2018
stefanweeks:
Lagos suppose dey europe
I hope this is a joke... I was born in Lagos but I can assure you that Lagos is a sprawling slum.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:

Proof? or are you just extracting infofrom the deepest part of your ass cool

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by isaiahethan: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2018
Papiikush:

God bless you.
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by seguno2: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Ibwish Ambode could get a third term

A third term to be importing machines that cannot be maintained and deprive youths of jobs?
Haba!
Why is it so easy to impress us with these yo-yo things when we are not babies excited over toys that will soon get broken and damaged
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Oluwafreshing(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:

Bross it's simply put. Lagosians are paying taxes

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by guiseppe: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Big John the wicked producer

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 11:42am On Jan 24, 2018
wow so trees can be transplanted..
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by 3kay945(m): 11:42am On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:

I was expecting to see at least one or two states at the end of your write up,. But none! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2018
This is an old machine na! Just that naija is just a fertile place with blurred vision
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by deebrownneymar: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Cool. Oyinbo people una well done.
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by GetUmad: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

You are an Analyst. Not all these products of Nigerian Universities littered every where.
Where do you work?

Nah! Don't get it wrong. He's not an Analyst.

He's merely a "SCIENCE STUDENT" (His royal Highness).
Nothing in his summation suggested any analytical possibilities or reasoning but a
Kosewe-Kosegboic
conclusion. However, without doubt, he could pass for a SCIENCE student.

Analysts lay bare facts. Statistics at their fingertips

3 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Themandator: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
AutoReportNG:
When it comes to technology, Lagos State is a step ahead of other states in Nigeria. To eliminate digging of holes and reduce the stress of planting trees, the Lagos State Parks (LASPARK) has purchased a transplanter called Big John. According to their website, Big John is a machine that is easy to operate both as manual and an automatic type. Below are the pictures as LASPARK officials engage Big John machine at work, they used it to move plants, for planting and many other things.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/01/see-type-of-machinery-lasg-used-for.html

This machines has been in Nigeria for some time ...During the last dispensation, ISA one doing same thing in Calabar... Epz
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by stefanweeks: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
Eke40seven:

I hope this is a joke... I was born in Lagos but I can assure you that Lagos is a sprawling slum.

Nigga i was born and bred in lagos

Because u stay in the 'slummed' part of lagos dont make the entire city a slum.

u should migrate to other beautiful areas, you r clearly in need of it.

3 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Ejanla07: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Then you have no point if you can't back up your talk with facts or data... Its as good as hearsay..

whr is d statistics to back up ur claim. Lagos id ahead?
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Ejanla07: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
Niyinficient:

Be civil enough to justify your claim by placing the stats. Do i need to travel round the world before knowing whats obtainable?

let d guy who claimed lagos is advanced technologically show statistics to back up his claim.

u hypocrite

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by buffalowings: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
EZENDIZUOGU:

third term for planting tree.just like that?

As In heh

We've been so beaten mentally that we don't know what government entails.
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
Themandator:

This machines has been in Nigeria for some time ...During the last dispensation, ISA one doing same thing in Calabar... Epz

Do mind we see some pictures to confirm your claim? Big John was recently launched and pretty new in the industry.
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Eke40seven(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefanweeks:

Nigga i was born and bred in lagos

Because u stay in the 'slummed' part of lagos dont make the entire city a slum.

u should migrate to other beautiful areas, you r clearly in need of it.
I grew up in the middle income well planned areas and my father used to work in the high income areas, man travel a bit, you will not understand until you travel a little.... I maintain that Lagos is a sprawling dirty slum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Niyinficient(m): 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ejanla07:

let d guy who claimed lagos is advanced technologically show statistics to back up his claim.

u hypocrite

Someone asked you for a stats for learning purpose instead u are behaving uncivil....i tried making you see reason and u said i am a hypocrite. Do you know the meaning of that word at all? No point, i know your. U ar just being shallow-minded. This is not about Lagos...its about sharing accurate knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by thunderbabs: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
Never in ur life call Lagos a state in Nigeria again, u hear abi yu no hear.

Lagos is a fast rising developing country in West Africa and it shares a border with Nigeria.

If i hear again dt rubbish u put up dia

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by ewizard1: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
You all should leave 1½Bear oooo. He is a troller!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / My Poultry Journey... / Flood Destroys Garba Shehu's Farm In Jigawa State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.