Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) (37995 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East / 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Economic Trees In South East: 5years From Now,you'll Wish You Had Planted A Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by mykero(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:
Lagos is not a step ahead of every state in Nigeria, do not make ridiculous generalisation with your very limited knowledge .
Lagos of course is one of the most populous city in Nigeria and at such Man power is readily available but never mistake that for actual development.
A lot of states in Nigeria are way ahead of Lagos in technological advancement when we compute the average ratio of population, land and vicinity and the rate of technology accrued to each region.
provide facts and stat or you're just hating

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by stefanweeks: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
Eke40seven:

I grew up in the middle income well planned areas and my father used to work in the high income areas, man travel a bit, you will not understand until you travel a little.... I maintain that Lagos is a sprawling dirty slum.

I mean travel around Nigeria or to a better extent Africa and see reasons with me.

They are following a pattern similar to those abroad

they still have a long way to go but are clearly above other cities in Nigeria and a bit of africa.

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by MrEdimulo82(m): 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
Threebear:
Lagos is not a step ahead of every state in Nigeria, do not make ridiculous generalisation with your very limited knowledge .
Lagos of course is one of the most populous city in Nigeria and at such Man power is readily available but never mistake that for actual development.
A lot of states in Nigeria are way ahead of Lagos in technological advancement when we compute the average ratio of population, land and vicinity and the rate of technology accrued to each region.

Other state like?

2 Likes

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by dhabeeb: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
EKO oti baje
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Eke40seven(m): 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefanweeks:

I mean travel around Nigeria or to a better extent Africa and see reasons with me.

They are following a pattern similar to those abroad

they still have a long way to go but are clearly above other cities in Nigeria and a bit of africa.
If you even compare Lagos with a city like Cotonou for instance (lemme not go to ACCRA OR even try SA).
You will see wonderful architecture, well planned and neat environment. I remember when I did some projects, I had to go to Benin Republic and their workmanship is excellent. Their bricklayers are good.
Although it is clear that the country is not rich, but it's serene, 24 hours electricity and running water, thats the hall mark of a modern city.
Aside that, the people. The attitude towards respecting the environment and not throwing that sachet on the road, that illegal shop sprawling her and there, not abiding by the city plans or lack of enforcement because of corruption or just relative poverty. Overpopulation. Maintaining a big city can be challenging, but living in denial because of lack of exposure and lack of ability to benchmark performance against other cities outside of Nigeria will not move the city forward.

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Ejanla07: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
Niyinficient:

Someone asked you for a stats for learning purpose instead u are behaving uncivil....i tried making you see reason and u said i am a hypocrite. Do you know the meaning of that word at all? No point, i know your. U ar just being shallow-minded. This is not about Lagos...its about sharing accurate knowledge.

mtcheee
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by nwoke37: 2:05am On Jan 25, 2018
Eke40seven:

If you even compare Lagos with a city like Cotonou for instance (lemme not go to ACCRA OR even try SA).
You will see wonderful architecture, well planned and neat environment. I remember when I did some projects, I had to go to Benin Republic and their workmanship is excellent. Their bricklayers are good.
Although it is clear that the country is not rich, but it's serene, 24 hours electricity and running water, thats the hall mark of a modern city.
Aside that, the people. The attitude towards respecting the environment and not throwing that sachet on the road, that illegal shop sprawling her and there, not abiding by the city plans or lack of enforcement because of corruption or just relative poverty. Overpopulation. Maintaining a big city can be challenging, but living in denial because of lack of exposure and lack of ability to benchmark performance against other cities outside of Nigeria will not move the city forward.

I envision in the future, that there will be alot of demolitions in Lagos. Lagos is bound to be the New York of Africa. Lagos's success is Nigeria's success
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:46am On Jan 25, 2018
yanabasee:

You don't sit there and seek for statistics.... you need to travel around and visit other States!!!
aka Lagos is ahead of every states
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by Themandator: 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Do mind we see some pictures to confirm your claim? Big John was recently launched and pretty new in the industry.

You don't expect me to be snapping machines what I see them do you....I have no reason to lie about seeing it...I saw it in operation uprooting and replanting flowers for the government of the state along the new ICC....The government has a garden along the epz where they uproot needed flowers to their intended locations

1 Like

Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
Themandator:

You don't expect me to be snapping machines what I see them do you....I have no reason to lie about seeing it...I saw it in operation uprooting and replanting flowers for the government of the state along the new ICC....The government has a garden along the epz where they uproot needed flowers to their intended locations

Alright.. Thanks for your clarification.

Happy Sunday
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by healthserve(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
Okay
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by tck2000(m): 11:38am On Jan 15, 2020
futurerex:
Aswear! Tinubu did nothing as Lagos State Governor, abi na lie
Re: The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) by SocialJustice: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / My Poultry Journey... / Flood Destroys Garba Shehu's Farm In Jigawa State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.