Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? (916 Views)

Spring Bank Test Holding On Sat Sept 2nd / Eco Bank,diamond Bank And Spring Bank / Ecobank And Spring Bank Are Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? by adejoh(m): 11:45am On Mar 03, 2007
The problem of unemployment is this country has totally made the employer of labour acting just the way they feel is right.
A friend of mine was called for an interview in Springbank, according to him, they were about 200 that were invited, due to the number, they were divided into various groups, say about four groups, that is different panel interviewing the candiates at the same time, but the process of the interview was not fair to all, while some of the panel will just require for the candidates credentials ask them to introduce themself with a question like who is the AU chairman, others will require the same credentials and then ask the candidates to explain the current situation regarding the PTDF issue, and what the stand of the senators is, when it was my friends turn, he introduce himself show them his credentials and before you knew it, questions concerning Economics terms and policies were being rushed at him from different angles, while trying to answer one the other will just bring another, according to him he got confuse because he doesnt even know whose own to respond to, it was as if someone doesnt want him to get the job among the interviwer, Good and fine he read Economics but that doesnt mean he should be taking for Pro. Charles Soludo (CBN Governor), just because they know they are good in Economic, afterall we have Yoruba language gradutes today creating waves in the Banking Sector today.
The question is, is that the proper conduct of Interview? where are all the questions that has to do with Knowledge of the Enviroment, the banking industry etc, i have been to one or two banking interview, but never have i witness any of such. when you know all the candiates are going for the same job, why not giving them the same pattern of question, why asking some to explain economic policies, defining economic terms and going as far as asking them to give the difference between NEEDs and WANTs, while others are just being ask the most cheapest question like who is AU chairman, what is Ecowas, Who is the formal UN Secretary General etc.
Tom be Sincere is it fair to all concern?
Please Responce are welcome, Because the process of Change in Our country starts from here!
Thanks
Re: The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? by danonyeka: 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2007
[b][/b][i][/i] your freind must be a very funny fellow,The purpose of interview as far as banking sector is concerned is to determine your level of IQ and composure, so no matter the kind of questioned asked they are looking 4one thing, your composure in the face of tension.I was there at the interview and have not given up hope of being called again for the second stage.your freind should try to have the same spirit and remenber that IT IS WELL WITH RIGTHOUES.
Re: The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? by desaint01(m): 11:19am On Mar 05, 2007
why should an economics graduate have a problem with differenciating between needs and wants. if u are informed and u follow the news, there wudn`t be any problem with those questions. so stop your pity party and get informed.
Re: The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? by oyenekan(f): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2007
The only thing your friend should hang on to now is Faith. tell hin/her not to loose faith as he/she can still be invited for the final phase. Gud luk.
Re: The Conduct Of Spring Bank Interview; Is It Fair? by adejoh(m): 2:14pm On Mar 06, 2007
thanks for the various reply i quite reason with you all and i think i now have a better stand of advicing him better, you guys are genious. indeed God is the altimate of all.

(1) (Reply)

How Far Diamond Bank? / Channel Development Manager (hfml/07/02) / Vacancy for engineers in a mulitinational company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.