Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Is Limewire Safe If You Have Anti-virus Stuff On Your Computer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Limewire Safe If You Have Anti-virus Stuff On Your Computer? (1316 Views)

Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law / Google Nose BETA : Smell Anything From Your Computer And Phones! / How Can I Remove Virus That Are Being Detected My Avira Anti Virus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Limewire Safe If You Have Anti-virus Stuff On Your Computer? by Gemsa: 2:24am On Apr 15, 2010
I deleted norton virus since my account already expired. So I borrowed my brother's Mcafee and installed it to my computer. I tried getting on the Internet but when I do the page connection says cannot be connected. So I checked the signal strength and it says " very good" but it's still not connected? I share a router that is located in my sister's room which is like 10 ft away, and her computer is working just fine with the Internet. But I can't get on because it says " enter http in the address". I try to diganose and repair it say "no problems detected", I don't understand what can be blocking me from the Internet. Oh ya d the firewalls are not up and I have windows vista. Can somebody help me please? Thanks!

Re: Is Limewire Safe If You Have Anti-virus Stuff On Your Computer? by sulad82i(m): 2:32am On Apr 15, 2010
Topic:
Re: Is Limewire Safe If You Have Anti-virus Stuff On Your Computer?
Gemsa:

I deleted norton virus since my account already expired. So I borrowed my brother's Mcafee and installed it to my computer. I tried getting on the Internet but when I do the page connection says cannot be connected. So I checked the signal strength and it says " very good" but it's still not connected? I share a router that is located in my sister's room which is like 10 ft away, and her computer is working just fine with the Internet. But I can't get on because it says " enter http in the address". I try to diganose and repair it say "no problems detected",  I don't understand what can be blocking me from the Internet. Oh ya d the firewalls are not up and I have windows vista. Can somebody help me please? Thanks! 

Okay. You totally lost me with this one. The topic and the content is way far off,

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea On How To Debug Php Code / Asp.net(c#) Web Designer/programmer Based In Lagos Needed / Pls How Do I Create A Group In Fb Without Usin My Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.