Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

The Origin Of Humanity - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origin Of Humanity (2246 Views)

The Origin Of The 4 Market Days In Igboland / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State / Origin Of The Name Bello?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 3:44am On Jan 24, 2018
Humanity began in Africa. And so it should follow that the garden of Eden should be in Africa.

I will attempt to clarify....

Firstly, It should be clear that a huge part of the continent of Africa used to be called Ethiopia which included a region called Soudan or Lower Ethiopia or Negroland. Soudan should not be confused with present day Sudan. The area south of Soudan was called upper and lower Guinea.

The garden of Eden was in fact in upper Guinea. This is the same land as the ancient Ile Ife Oodaye and was called Kingdom of Judah or Widah or Fida or Oiudah by Europeans. It is exactly the region labelled slave coast by the Europeans and included places like Popo or Papa (Apapa), Koto/Coto (Badagry). - see maps

This land is in present day Nigeria., Lagos and Ogun states (specifically the region that came to be known as ‘Ketu’. Ewe traditions refer to Ketu as Amedzofe ("origin of humanity") or Mawufe ("home of the Supreme Being").

Also this region has always been in Nigeria and not republic of Benin as most have been led to believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ethiopia was indeed used in ancient times to refer broadly Black skinned ppl in most of Africa and in other continent areas like India and Middle East. But the proper Ethiopians were the Nubians. They were the ones who were mentioned in the Bible and pre-4th century texts as Cush/Kushite/Kush/AEthiopia/Ethiopia.

For now, no one exactly know the place which the ancients were referring us Graden of Eden. But it is probably located either in Iraq or present day Ethiopia.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hati13:
Ethiopia was indeed used in ancient times to refer broadly Black skinned ppl in most of Africa and in other continent areas like India and Middle East. But the proper Ethiopians were the Nubians. They were the ones who were mentioned in the Bible and pre-4th century texts as Cush/Kushite/Kush/AEthiopia/Ethiopia.

For now, no one exactly know the place which the ancients were referring us Graden of Eden. But it is probably located either in Iraq or present day Ethiopia.

You are speaking out of ignorance.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
GodSon34:

You are speaking out of ignorance.
No, I'm not. I'm speaking the more probable. You are rather the one who is speaking out of ignorance.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 25, 2018
Hati13:

It seems to me that Egypt was the entire N.E Africa. Wasn't Axum part of the ancient Egyptian dynasty at some point? Or is it that the Ethiopia and Egyptian nations kept exchanging names acording to who was in power?
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 10:34am On Jan 25, 2018
Hati13:

No, I'm not. I'm speaking the more probable. You are rather the one who is speaking out of ignorance.

I have added two new maps to the post for you!
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 10:44am On Jan 25, 2018
Muafrika2:

It seems to me that Egypt was the entire N.E Africa. Wasn't Axum part of the ancient Egyptian dynasty at some point? Or is it that the Ethiopia and Egyptian nations kept exchanging names acording to who was in power?

Added to new maps to the post to clarify the regions in Africa
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
Muafrika2:

I don't think that Egypt was the entire NE Africa, because civilizations in NE Africa like Kushite, Punt, Damat and Aksum were politically independent.

Aksum wasn't part of ancient Egyptian dynasty. Aksum was founded about 4th and 3th century BC (ancient Egypt was in decline during this time). Aksum predecessor, Damat Kingdom, was also not part of Egypt dynasty. Punt Kingdom also wasn't part of the Egyptian dynasty.

Ancient Egyptians and Ancient Ethiopians (Nubians and some Cushitic speaking ppl) were similar in many things, but political were independent for the most part. But sometimes the ancient Egyptians conquered them and vice verse. The Nubians aka proper Ethiopians were referred us God ppl and, handsome and best ppl in the then world by ancient Greeks.

Aksumite King Ezana conquered Nubia in 4th century and adopted the name "Ethiopia" to his kingdom. He and his successors spread Christianity there.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
GodSon34:

I have added two new maps to the post for you!
The Maps you added aren't entirely correct from ancient perspective. It isn't referring northern Sudan as "Ethiopia", when it should had. They are probably made by Europeans in medieval or early modern period.

The ancient Greeks were the one who coined the term "Ethiopia" and they particularly used it to refer north Sudan. They also used it to any dark skinned ppl in north Africa, Middle East and India, but the Nubians in north Sudan were the proper Ethiopians for them. They never went to west Africa, so form their perspective the maps aren't correct. But Europeans later particularly started to use it for all sub-Saharan Africa since they made contact with dark skinned ppl in west, central and south Africa.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Faxole: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
GodSon34:
Humanity began in Africa. And so it should follow that the garden of Eden should be in Africa.

I will attempt to clarify....

Firstly, It should be clear that a huge part of the continent of Africa used to be called Ethiopia which included a region called Soudan or Lower Ethiopia or Negroland. Soudan should not be confused with present day Sudan. The area south of Soudan was called upper and lower Guinea.

The garden of Eden was in fact in upper Guinea. This is the same land as the ancient Ile Ife Oodaye and was called Kingdom of Judah or Widah or Fida or Oiudah by Europeans. It is exactly the region labelled slave coast by the Europeans and included places like Popo or Papa (Apapa), Koto/Coto (Badagry). - see maps

This land is in present day Nigeria., Lagos and Ogun states (specifically the region that came to be known as ‘Ketu’. Ewe traditions refer to Ketu as Amedzofe ("origin of humanity"wink or Mawufe ("home of the Supreme Being"wink.

Also this region has always been in Nigeria and not republic of Benin as most have been led to believe.

You are using Jewish mythology, to present a claim that aims at modifying Jewish mythological history to fit your erroneous racially/ethnically biased presuppositions. This is intellectual dishonesty and it's shameful.

Jewish mythology doesn't claim that humans originated from Africa. This is an anthropological claim steeped in Darwinian evolution. But you are predicating your claim on it, and then using Jewish literature about the origin of creation, which Darwinism refutes, to justify it. Wow. You deserve an applause.

If we are to go by what was stated in the Jewish scriptures, and by scholarly consensus, then the garden of Eden, which I don't believe exists in any concrete sense, would be located somewhere in Southern Mesopotamia, where the Tigris and Euphrates river run into the sea. How you managed to leap from the western asia to west Africa, and not just west Africa, Nigeria for that matter, is just astounding. Your desperation and ignorance baffles me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
Faxole:

You are using Jewish mythology, to present a claim that aims at modifying Jewish mythological history to fit your erroneous racially/ethnically biased presuppositions. This is intellectual dishonesty and it's shameful.

Jewish mythology doesn't claim that humans originated from Africa. This is an anthropological claim steeped in Darwinian evolution. But you are predicating your claim on it, and then using Jewish literature about the origin of creation, which Darwinism refutes, to justify it. Wow. You deserve an applause.

If we are to go by what was stated in the Jewish scriptures, and by scholarly consensus, then the garden of Eden, which I don't believe exists in any concrete sense, would be located somewhere in Southern Mesopotamia, where the Tigris and Euphrates river run into the sea. How you managed to leap from the western asia to west Africa, and not just west Africa, Nigeria for that matter, is just astounding. Your desperation and ignorance baffles me.

This so-called Jewish mythology is a corruption of ancient Hebrew history. They are not the same thing. The same applies for the other two Abrahamic regions Christianity and Islam.

Anyways if you know anything about ancient Hebrews then you wouldn’t find my claims so outlandish.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Faxole: 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
GodSon34:

This so-called Jewish mythology is a corruption of ancient Hebrew history. They are not the same thing. The same applies for the other two Abrahamic regions Christianity and Islam.

Anyways if you know anything about ancient Hebrews then you wouldn’t find my claims so outlandish.

What are you even saying? What's the difference between Jewish history and Hebrew history? Aren't they essentially the same thing? Isn't Jewish mythology a set of stories that explain the history of the world from a Jewish/Hebrew perspective, and the history of Jews/Hebrews as well? I could just substitute Jewish with Hebrew and I'd be saying essentially the same thing. The words Jewish and Hebrew refer to the same group of people.

I know a lot about ancient Hebrews and they never claimed humans to have originated from west Africa. Hebrews trace the origin of humans to the garden of eden, which according to scholarly consensus is located somewhere in Iraq, near the Tigris and Euphrates river.

My frustration with you is that your claim is fundamentally Darwinian. The claim that humanity originated in Africa isn't a religious claim and it's definitely not a Hebrew/Jewish claim, rather, it's a scientific claim that's predicated on the theory of evolution. And you are using religious myths which predate and run contrary to the claim to justify it, which makes no sense.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
Faxole:

What are you even saying? What's the difference between Jewish history and Hebrew history? Aren't they essentially the same thing? Isn't Jewish mythology a set of stories that explain the history of the world from a Jewish/Hebrew perspective, and the history of Jews/Hebrews as well? I could just substitute Jewish with Hebrew and I'd be saying essentially the same thing. The words Jewish and Hebrew refer to the same group of people.

I know a lot about ancient Hebrews and they never claimed humans to have originated from west Africa. Hebrews trace the origin of humans to the garden of eden, which according to scholarly consensus is located somewhere in Iraq, near the Tigris and Euphrates river.

My frustration with you is that your claim is fundamentally Darwinian. The claim that humanity originated in Africa isn't a religious claim and it's definitely not a Hebrew/Jewish claim, rather, it's a scientific claim that's predicated on the theory of evolution. And you are using religious myths which predate and run contrary to the claim to justify it, which makes no sense.

Hebrew and Jewish history are different because Jewish history or Jews are a counterfeit. The real Hebrews were and still are black people .i.e. negroes. They are not African either. And their promised land is in Africa not some counterfeit Israel in the Middle East.

I am an Israelite, I know where I come from. It’s unfortunate I’m referred to as Yoruba when in fact I’m not. I am Jebus!

A counterfeit God (Satan) created a counterfeit people (Synagogue of Satan) and needed a counterfeit land (Israel) and so a story emerged. and God really sent a strong delusion because all lot of so-called educated folk have believed in the lies. Nigerians are lost! Yet think they know history.

There is a real God (Most High) who created His own people in His image (Hebrews) and their promised land is indeed in Africa.

So please feel free to believe in your truth and I’d believe in mine. My posts are created for seekers of truth and are based off of a lifetime of research and knowledge of self.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Faxole: 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
GodSon34:

Hebrew and Jewish history are different because Jewish history or Jews are a counterfeit. The real Hebrews were and still are black people .i.e. negroes. They are not African either. And their promised land is in Africa not some counterfeit Israel in the Middle East.

I am an Israelite, I know where I come from. It’s unfortunate I’m referred to as Yoruba when in fact I’m not. I am Jebus!

A counterfeit God (Satan) created a counterfeit people (Synagogue of Satan) and needed a counterfeit land (Israel) and so a story emerged. and God really sent a strong delusion because all lot of so-called educated folk have believed in the lies. Nigerians are lost! Yet think they know history.

There is a real God (Most High) who created His own people in His image (Hebrews) and their promised land is indeed in Africa.

So please feel free to believe in your truth and I’d believe in mine. My posts are created for seekers of truth and are based off of a lifetime of research and knowledge of self.

I have met Africans who have been brainwashed to reject their roots and cling to that of some foreign group of people, like some sects of Igbos who believe that they are Jews. But I've never met anyone at your level of brainwash. You are plain delusional. And your adopted delusion is making you rewrite history in favor of your delusional belief. I can't even debate you on this since you'll claim that any evidence I bring up is just fabricated history created by a counterfeit people aka your so-called synagogue of Satan.

It's sad that you are rejecting your Yoruba roots and claiming to be an Israelite. I wonder why its only Africans that make this sort of ridiculous claims about their roots. I don't know if it's inferiority complex or just ignorance. Why do you have to deny what you are and adopt the nature of something else? Do you think what you are is inferior to that which you choose to adopt?

Your case is beyond pathetic.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Faxole:

I have met Africans who have been brainwashed to reject their roots and cling to that of some foreign group of people, like some sects of Igbos who believe that they are Jews. But I've never met anyone at your level of brainwash. You are plain delusional. And your adopted delusion is making you rewrite history in favor of your delusional belief. I can't even debate you on this since you'll claim that any evidence I bring up is just fabricated history created by a counterfeit people aka your so-called synagogue of Satan.

It's sad that you are rejecting your Yoruba roots and claiming to be an Israelite. I wonder why its only Africans that make this sort of ridiculous claims about their roots. I don't know if it's inferiority complex or just ignorance. Why do you have to deny what you are and adopt the nature of something else? Do you think what you are is inferior to that which you choose to adopt?

You clearly haven’t read my other posts. It is clear that Ijebu are not Yoruba. I am not denying my roots I am merely rediscovering my true history.

Re: The Origin Of Humanity by gregyboy(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
What i know is that ethiopians was the home of every religion both Muslim Christians ,pagans and philosophers .there was a time when prophet mohammed and his followers were been crucified they seeked refuse from ethiopan king even the ark of convenant it is in Ethiopian historians have it that they stole it ...for those who dont believe the bible mentioned blacks it did not by colour but by analogy the people ethiopans were originally blacks like west africans but it got to a time were serious migration of arabs and other non black people seeked refuse as well as the romans from execution they all ran to Ethiopians who accept all religion so they got mixed with them and they got this half caste looks ...probably garden of eden could still be in Ethiopia no one knowns .. It could be imaginary to the eyes due to the spell God placed on it...

Just saying what i know am an atheist tho..
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by gregyboy(m): 1:02am On Jan 30, 2018
GodSon34:

A counterfeit God (Satan) created a counterfeit people (Synagogue of Satan) and needed a counterfeit land (Israel) and so a story emerged. and God really sent a strong delusion because all lot of so-called educated folk have believed in the lies. Nigerians are lost! Yet think they know history

See ignorance at its peak...hmmm if bible never came to africa i wonder how you back this claim of yours same with the igbos who said they are also jewish ...ignorance in nigeria youth has made to believe they migrated from somewhere which are fully white with no prove to attain to it they never believe people migrated from them one day they never go on research dna test or whatsoever just wake up one day snd say ure an isrealite hebrew..you nevered claim ure a sub clan from west africa or neighbouring community
You just fly all the way to isreal go claim them..
Ha...yoruba dey lie sha

Re: The Origin Of Humanity by gregyboy(m): 1:29am On Jan 30, 2018
Faxole:

You got it right inferiority complex ..an indian in thier religion view black skin has a lower humans who aint ment to be worshipped but views a white man skin as higher and who is ment to be worshipped ...pple hate our skin we ourselves hate our skin a nigerian fotballers believes when he is playing s white team that he can never win they believe the whiteman knows how to hsndle ball better than them but when he meet a fellow blsck skin like him he would look down on them ..this is inferioty complex with a black man ...the white are making all reaserches to find if they really came from africa then one igbo and yoruba tribe they claim say them be oyibo ...stupid youth.
I gues if they go and say that in isreal they will end up assasinated those people who hate blacks like mad
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2018
gregyboy:
What i know is that ethiopians was the home of every religion both Muslim Christians ,pagans and philosophers .there was a time when prophet mohammed and his followers were been crucified they seeked refuse from ethiopan king even the ark of convenant it is in Ethiopian historians have it that they stole it ...for those who dont believe the bible mentioned blacks it did not by colour but by analogy the people ethiopans were originally blacks like west africans but it got to a time were serious migration of arabs and other non black people seeked refuse as well as the romans from execution they all ran to Ethiopians who accept all religion so they got mixed with them and they got this half caste looks ...probably garden of eden could still be in Ethiopia no one knowns .. It could be imaginary to the eyes due to the spell God placed on it...

Just saying what i know am an atheist tho..
There 2 types of Ethiopians (real and fake Ethiopians).

The real Ethiopians were the ancestors of present day Nubians in Sudan. They were the ones who were mentioned in the Old Testament and other ancient classic texts.

The fake Ethiopians are the present day so called Ethiopians (I'm among them). When Aksumite empire conquered Nubia in 4th century, we adopted the name for our Kingdom. We are the one who are mentioned in Muslim Quran and other medieval classic texts. We aren't mixed or half caste, but we are just who we are. The Ark of the Covenant could really be here in Ethiopia like you said.

The name "Ethiopia" has a very great historical value and it's sad that the present day Sudanese don't want to claim it. I think it's because they are Muslim nowadays (we Christianized them in ancient time, but were later Islamized in medieval times by Arabs) and wants to be related with the Arabs than their true ancestors whom the ancient Greeks referred us God ppl, and the best and handsome men in the world.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by gregyboy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hati13:

There 2 types of Ethiopians (real and fake Ethiopians).

The real Ethiopians were the ancestors of present day Nubians in Sudan. They were the ones who were mentioned in the Old Testament and other ancient classic texts.

The fake Ethiopians are the present day so called Ethiopians (I'm among them). When Aksumite empire conquered Nubia in 4th century, we adopted the name for our Kingdom. We are the one who are mentioned in Muslim Quran and other medieval classic texts. We aren't mixed or half caste, but we are just who we are. The Ark of the Covenant could really be here in Ethiopia like you said.

The name "Ethiopia" has a very great historical value and it's sad that the present day Sudanese don't want to claim it. I think it's because they are Muslim nowadays (we Christianized them in ancient time, but were later Islamized in medieval times by Arabs) and wants to be related with the Arabs than their true ancestors whom the ancient Greeks referred us God ppl, and the best and handsome men in the world.

but one thing historians says that Ethiopian allowed many religion to thier domain which were both muslim and pagans and christans but the look you all probably have add mixed race in them ...just lighter skin and thin faces with. afro hair it was definitely a mixed of the arabs and the black ethiopans...probably the italians i love ethiopans history the moment i read it ...the ethiopan history should have been more recong than the Egyptian empire ...i really want to know more of it..king salishia was great indeed
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
gregyboy:

but one thing historians says that Ethiopian allowed many religion to thier domain which were both muslim and pagans and christans but the look you all probably have add mixed race in them ...just lighter skin and thin faces with. afro hair it was definitely a mixed of the arabs and the black ethiopans...probably the italians i love ethiopans history the moment i read it ...the ethiopan history should have been more recong than the Egyptian empire ...i really want to know more of it..king salishia was great indeed
Some indeed mixed with Yemeni and Arab ppl, but the mass didn't. And except for light skinned features, other features of Ethiopians are native Cushite traits. By the way, Afroasiatic originated in Ethiopia and the Egyptians, Berbers, Chadics and Semites descended from here some thousands of years ago.

Haileselassie did some great things. But most of us here appreciate more Tewodros II, Yohannes IV and Menelik II. Majority Oromo might not do though.
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by gregyboy(m): 12:06am On Jan 31, 2018
Hati13:

Some indeed mixed with Yemeni and Arab ppl, but the mass didn't. And except for light skinned features, other features of Ethiopians are native Cushite traits. By the way, Afroasiatic originated in Ethiopia and the Egyptians, Berbers, Chadics and Semites descended from here some thousands of years ago.

Haileselassie did some great things. But most of us here appreciate more Tewodros II, Yohannes IV and Menelik II. Majority Oromo might not do though.

how come you speak English.. i know Ethiopians had a general language which is not English.. yea you're kings did great so as mine ...my king oba ovuramen nó gbesi was the last king to be brought down by the British .my people who revolted colonization by the britsh which spilled and became a war btwn the king of the south and the mighty British ..which they later defeated him and sent him to exile during his exile he killed d guards and escaped but die on the way due to hunger and thirst ..he nevered allowed slave trade of his people he stood to the last fight after the defeat the kingdoms artefacts were been looted by the British to the majour powers of the world ...
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
gregyboy:

how come you speak English.. i know Ethiopians had a general language which is not English.. yea you're kings did great so as mine ...my king oba ovuramen nó gbesi was the last king to be brought down by the British .my people who revolted colonization by the britsh which spilled and became a war btwn the king of the south and the mighty British ..which they later defeated him and sent him to exile during his exile he killed d guards and escaped but die on the way due to hunger and thirst ..he nevered allowed slave trade of his people he stood to the last fight after the defeat the kingdoms artefacts were been looted by the British to the majour powers of the world ...
English is taught as a Subject here and this is why some Ethiopians under it (but most don't know much though).

Aren't you a Jamaican? I ask this because I thought you are, but you you above common suggests you are from Africa. Or are you talking about the 16 and 17th century slave trade?
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by GodSon34(m): 6:57pm On Feb 05, 2018
Faxole:

No response? Calling me pathetic...
Re: The Origin Of Humanity by gregyboy(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hati13:

English is taught as a Subject here and this is why some Ethiopians under it (but most don't know much though).

Aren't you a Jamaican? I ask this because I thought you are, but you you above common suggests you are from Africa. Or are you talking about the 16 and 17th century slave trade?

Am a full blooded nigerian i have a jamaican sibling

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Culture In Igboland That Does Not Allow Women To See Men When Eatin / Twin Worship? / What Yoruba Names Are Commonly Associated With Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.