Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA (6814 Views)

Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by codebase: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2010
@frosbel

Why aim for the speck in the eyes of the Muslims when you have log of wood in yours?

Is this not sheer hypocrisy.

Snr Pastor Erastus Akingbola(FORMER MD of intercontinental Bank) of Redeem Christian Church of Christ stole billions of Naira from poor Nigerians and paid a chunk of it in tithe to Pastor Enouch Adeboye, but this not a concern of yours obviously. The same for Cecilia Ibru, yet you walk up to Muslims calling them names. What shame!!!!

When Intercontinental bank manager would enforce christian morning prayers on all their staff including muslim ones; no one called Intercontinetal a Christain bank. No one called for boycott of intercontinental bank because it was glaringly Christian.

@frosbel

People like you are the problem of this Nation. Thank God that Muslims has now being put in @the helms of affairs at intercontinental to diffuse poison left there by Akingbola

@frosbel

It is called Sharia Banking because it is guided by the dictates of the Sharia. So what!!!! Why do you want to make a fuss about it? Leave the Muslims to take their funds to Sharia banks and you take you money to cecelia ibru and Erastus Akingbola chikena.

Hope dis settled the matter.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by omofat: 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2010
Mr Codebase - God bless you tremendously for your remarks.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2010
Why aim for the speck in the eyes of the Muslims when you have log of wood in yours?

Is this not sheer hypocrisy.

Snr Pastor Erastus Akingbola(FORMER MD of intercontinental Bank) of Redeem Christian Church of Christ stole billions of Naira from poor Nigerians and paid a chunk of it in tithe to Pastor Enouch Adeboye, but this not a concern of yours obviously. The same for Cecilia Ibru, yet you walk up to Muslims calling them names. What shame!!!!

When Intercontinental bank manager would enforce christian morning prayers on all their staff including muslim ones; no one called Intercontinetal a Christain bank. No one called for boycott of intercontinental bank because it was glaringly Christian.

A fraudster is a fraudster irrespective of his religion, the pastor if guilty deserves his punishment.

Besides he is not promoting a culture across the nation.

@frosbel

It is called Sharia Banking because it is guided by the dictates of the Sharia. So what!!!! Why do you want to make a fuss about it? Leave the Muslims to take their funds to Sharia banks and you take you money to cecelia ibru and Erastus Akingbola chikena.

Hope dis settled the matter.

Here again you have many fooled, but not all are taken my your twisted explanations.

My point is that if Sharia banking is in some way tied in to the principle of Sharia as a system , WE REJECT IT, Period.

Why ?

Because Sharia is a complete system of government which deals with many aspects of life, including crime, politics, economics, banking, business, contracts, family, sexuality, hygiene, and social issues.

And Sharia in its true form promotes :

1. Oppression of women
2. Suppression of Freedom of speech ( just like all of you are doing here )
3. Amputation and mutilation punishments
4. Death by stoning
5. Child abuse ( e.g marrying 10 year olds etc )
6. Hatred for anything Jewish

and a host of others.

THIS IS JIHAD BY STEALTH ?

If I am wrong correct me with facts.

Bullying will not work.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by codebase: 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
@FRosbel

Why not say loud and clear and not be hypocritical about YOU ARE AGAINST MUSLIMS AND ISLAM!!!

Because you can separate Sharia from Islam. They are one and the same thing.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by mikeoscar: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
@All those posting in the opposition to Frosbel,

I am surprised that non of  you have taken Him up on the statement below:

"Do you know that this so called Islamic banking is not in the Quran ? It is a new phenomena".

If this statement is true, then all those of you accusing the fellow of attacking Islam which has it's guiding compass as the Quaran (I suppose) are also guilty of pre-conceptions and de-railment of the thread.

Prove me wrong intelligently.

Mind you, I am a Born again Christian, I have lots of Muslim Friends and we have discussed this Sharia Banking, Sharia Law and Islam and they too are not too sure about its real intent in Nigeria at a time when our political structures have become so fragile and people so divided along political/religious lines.

IMHO Frosbel has raised some real issues about  Sharia banking, ZAKAT etc that I have learnt from him as well as the guy in defence called Nex. My initial understanding of the questionable part of Sharia was the application of the PENAL CODE which ofcourse means , you know, in most cases maiming, flogging, outright execution etc.

Let's look at Frosbel arguement in the context of our Nation, our common values and aspiration for a better Nigeria and as brothers and sisters first, before we start charging at each other about Islam this and Christianity that,

Yes I agree Frosbel has come down hard in some instance while trying to respond but let's stay focused and see how Sharia in the 12 Northern States and the introduction of Sharia Banking in Nigeria at this time will not be sending the wrong message.

God bless us all-Amen.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
Most of you on this thread instead of debating me are trying to suppress freedom of speech, precisely the point of my next video clip

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n53-3QnhxZk&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Amjustme: 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2010
Religion can hardly be seperated from every issue this days, whatever crafty thingy may be hidden in islamic banking / sharia any thing. I believe in one GOD Almighty who can scatter any plans/craftiness that is not in accordance to HIS will for this country! My GOD is too much, go ahead! implement anything, am not shaken!! Na today talk of sharia,etc start for Naija?
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by codebase: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
@Frosbel

How can jihad be a crime? It is not and it will never be, because every individual and group of people have a right to protect themselves this doesnt exclude muslims.

@Frosbel

Why do you think religious states like Isreal and self-styled Christian states like USA and ITALY have armies? You think it is to sing KUMBAYYA on the beach. The American military apparatus is worth over  $1.1 trillion and you think all this to preach the love of christ.

This love of Christ that you shout and preach all about, please can you tell any nation state that practises this?

I really want to know which state that practises love of Christ i.e. when your enemy throws you an atomic bomb you turn your other cheek to receive the other atomic bomb.

Even if the reason behind Sharia banking(and the dumbest Nigerian knows it not for this)was to promote Jihad, it doesnt make it wrong because defence is permissible by human nature itself

"Do you know that this so called Islamic banking is not in the Quran ? It is a new phenomena".  

The ignorance displayed by Nigerian never seems to amaze me,

Source of reference for the muslim is not just the Quraan, the y have the Authentic Sunnah of Messenger.

The dictate general dictates for Islamic finance can be found in the Quraan but detailed dictates of Islamic finance are found in the Aunthentic Sunnah.

the true seekers can check out this links below for more information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_banking
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2010

@Frosbel

How can jihad be a crime? It is not and it will never be, because every individual and group of people have a right to protect themselves this doesnt exclude muslims.

Jihad is an ideological struggle to impose worldwide Sharia.

I end it here so as not to derail this thread but if you want evidence I can post links.

9/11 was Jihad
7/7 London was Jihad

etc etc

@Frosbel

Why do you think religious states like Isreal and self-styled Christian states like USA and ITALY have armies? You think it is to sing KUMBAYYA on the beach. The American military apparatus is worth over  $1.1 trillion and you think all this to preach the love of christ.

Defence

This love of Christ that you shout and preach all about, please can you tell any nation state that practises this?

It is not a national issue, it is an individual's decision to live in a christ-like fashion

I really want to know which state that practises love of Christ i.e. when your enemy throws you an atomic bomb you turn your other cheek to receive the other atomic bomb.

Who is throwing an atomic bomb at you ?

By the way Iran is threatening to Nuke Israel in a 'peaceful Jihad '

Even if the reason behind Sharia banking(and the dumbest Nigerian knows it not for this)was to promote Jihad, it doesnt make it wrong because defence is permissible by human nature itself

A Lie

The ignorance displayed by Nigerian never seems to amaze me,

Why ?

Source of reference for the muslim is not just the Quraan, the y have the Authentic Sunnah of Messenger.

And your point is

The dictate general dictates for Islamic finance can be found in the Quraan but detailed dictates of Islamic finance are found in the Aunthentic Sunnah.

Oh okay, another book then !

the true seekers can check out this links below for more information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_banking

Thanks for the link, will have a look.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2010
Have you heard of Sheikh Qaradawi who is one of the prime advisors for the Sharia banking system ?

He is an Egyptian Islamic scholar and one of the most prominent Islamists of the past few decades. A well-known Muslim Brotherhood member, a television preacher and a theoretician of jihad, he is considered a top spiritual authority by most Sunni Islamist organizations and movements. He is particularly influential among Islamists in the Western world as chairman of the European Council on Fatwas and Research and the International Association of Muslim Scholars.

Current positions :

Trustee/Teacher—Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)
Board of Advisors—Institute for Islamic Political Thought in the UK

Dean—Islamic Department at the Faculties of Shariah and Education in Qatar
Chairman—Islamic Scientific Councils of Algerian Universities and Institutions Affiliations with Shariah Finance
Chairman—Shariah Advisory board of Bank Al-Taqwa, a Nassau- Bahamas registered Islamic bank which was declared a designated terrorist entity by the US Department of the Treasury in 2001 and closed down
Chairman—Shariah Advisory Board, Qatar Islamic Bank
Chairman—Shariah Advisory Board, Qatar International Islamic Bank
Member—Shariah Advisory Board, First Islamic Investment Bank of Bahrain.

His views on Financial Jihad.

On Financial Jihad
“I like to call it jihad with money, because God has ordered us to fight enemies with our lives and our money.”
“We have our own economic philosophy and system which others do not have. The collapse of the capitalist system, which is based on usury and
securities rather than commodities in markets, shows us that it is undergoing a crisis and that our integrated Islamic philosophy, if properly understood and applied, can replace the Western capitalism.”
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by mendax: 1:41am On Apr 17, 2010
@frosbel & all;
i am sincerely hoping that we are sincere in seeking out the truth as opposed to winning an argument or just causing deviations from the topic at hand. The poster is free to post his questions if he is really sincere he wants to learn. The link posted by codebase, hopefully will satisfy the poster about the real ethics and values of the banking method in question. I hope the link will be useful

unfortunately, i dont hav much time, but i wish to quickly point out that, the name of something shouldnt really be a problem to you (because i noticed that is frosbels major problem). But if i may point out, that if the principles are good for ur economy and the name is changed will u stil be willing to accept it? or are we still going to reject it (wether its good or bad) just because it comes from the muslims?

Again, I am more of a passive nairalander, because i dont like (& dont even hav the time) indulging myself in most of the distractions we find in such theads, but i hope the poster (frosbel) finds the guidance he is seeking.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by adeisit: 2:28am On Apr 17, 2010
I want to make an appeal that we should always carefully read and understand the need of people who post contents on this forum. we should always take the discuss from its root source. sometimes all we need to do is tell such people to direct their questions or grievances at the exactly concerned people and not throw it at all of us.

the first post of frosbel is a video on sharia banking with particular references to the us and uk. well, what frosbel should do is find out from the US and UK who are already using the system cos we are yet to start in Nigeria about the issues raised. They have had years of experience, the good side and the bad side. If answers given by them are not satisfactry, then he can post the answers and ask if we agree with them so that perhaps we might make him see any sense in the answers or agree that the answers are not satisfactory.    

education is a part of life and it most continue from cradle to grave. if we have no knowledge of something, it is most important that we ask to know and not display our ignorance while waiting for people to teach us because if we are not fortunate to have good teacher around to correct us we may be unfortunate to have our ignorance further entrenched or we have 'a half full cup' or half empty cup'. this particularly symbolises what i have observed about many people on Islam or anything Islamic.

we talk even much more about this religion than the adherents talk about it and a lot of times we say the wrong and unethical things. I think they have been a better side. they seem to understand that our freedom ends where someone elses start. I must be frank here, a lot of us do not know about islam and unfortunately we dont care to know. our source of information about islam is the tv or what we read in papers or an article posted by God knows who on the internet. we would never believe that any body could know our own religion that way. and when we are corrected on our wrong assumptions we disagree. more unfortunatley is the fact that we want to deny others what we want for ourselves. i would want people to like my name and numeclature of things that i like while i would have a problem with a name of a bank. i just dont want the name changed, i want the bank closed. wow! i imagine how nomenclature affects things.

i hope i have not been 2222 religious though i believe it is the backbone of the issue even if we try to deny it.

@frosbel, if you have personal issues with sharia banking, it shouldn't become our debate and it is not a debate. if there would be any discussion on such an issue then, it must be strictly on the principles and fundamentals of that issue. and these most be concrete, real, substantiated and referenced. please not an opinion of an individual or individuals. if you have any issue with such an opinion of that person then contack such person for clarification.

@others,
let us leave frosbel to do the needful, i.e contact 'e ni ti oro kan' meaning he should contact the US and UK. dint let us shout SMOKE where there is no FIRE.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by citizenY(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2010
^^^^
Unfortunately, Frosbel sees only smoke and fire. I earlier asked him to tell us his efforts in
dissuading his host government and people (the British) and other Europeans from accepting
the Sharia banks.

All he wants is to drag people into protracted arguments during which he will upload all sorts
of prejudiced write ups on Islam. This is his aim and people do not seem to realise this. All
claims to conservatism is balderdash. It is just a cloud cover for spreading anti - Islamic propaganda
and no amount of sophistry can disguise that.

I do not see him shifting grounds as he is beyond recall.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2010
@adeisit

I want to make an appeal that we should always carefully read and understand the need of people who post contents on this forum.

What does this mean?  

We should always take the discuss from its root source. Sometimes all we need to do is tell such people to direct their questions or grievances at the exactly concerned people and not throw it at all of us.

I have no questions or grievances, I have facts, many quoted from Islamic sites, BUT again you choose to ignore those portions. I am fully used to Muslims like you, darting about a forum trying to suppress freedom of speech against issues which you know are questionable and bound to worry most people if ONLY they knew about your sinister plot.

The first post of frosbel is a video on sharia banking with particular references to the us and uk. well, what frosbel should do is find out from the US and UK who are already using the system cos we are yet to start in Nigeria about the issues raised. They have had years of experience, the good side and the bad side. If answers given by them are not satisfactry, then he can post the answers and ask if we agree with them so that perhaps we might make him see any sense in the answers or agree that the answers are not satisfactory.

The people in the UK hate anything Sharia. This new banking system has been imposed on them by the government.

The western governments, bankers, financiers and business men have sold their people for 30 pieces of silver, to an enemy so subtle and relentless in its pursuit for complete domination.

Sharia banking and Sharia in particular is a THREAT to freedom and civilization.

Once again you and your type skip what they do not want to hear, read the comment about Sheikh Qaradawi.

He is only one a few Islamic Scholars who belong to the worldwide Sharia financial advisory board that have been convicted with ties to terrorist organisations.

He is currently banned from entering the UK and USA. He is also one of the most influential people in the Muslim Brotherhood an organisation that is terrorist in nature and has ties specifically to Hezbollah and Hamas.

In times of financial turmoil people often turn to things that might look hopeful. That’s how Hitler got his chance to get his foot in the door during the Depression. It’s the same with this Koranic banking. Its come along at the right time. And like Hitler 75 years ago this scheme will end up blowing up in a lot of people’s faces, making the current financial mess look bloodless by comparison.

We talk even much more about this religion than the adherents talk about it and a lot of times we say the wrong and unethical things. I think they have been a better side. they seem to understand that our freedom ends where someone elses start. I must be frank here, a lot of us do not know about islam and unfortunately we dont care to know. our source of information about islam is the tv or what we read in papers or an article posted by God knows who on the internet. we would never believe that any body could know our own religion that way. and when we are corrected on our wrong assumptions we disagree. more unfortunatley is the fact that we want to deny others what we want for ourselves. i would want people to like my name and numeclature of things that i like while i would have a problem with a name of a bank. i just dont want the name changed, i want the bank closed. wow! i imagine how nomenclature affects things.

Wong, we do not say unethical things, we speak truths quoted from your own sources and you hate it !!
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 17, 2010
citizenY:

^^^^
Unfortunately, Frosbel sees only smoke and fire. I earlier asked him to tell us his efforts in
dissuading his host government and people (the British) and other Europeans from accepting
the Sharia banks.

All he wants is to drag people into protracted arguments during which he will upload all sorts
of prejudiced write ups on Islam. This is his aim and people do not seem to realise this. All
claims to conservatism is balderdash. It is just a cloud cover for spreading anti - Islamic propaganda
and no amount of sophistry can disguise that.

I do not see him shifting grounds as he is beyond recall.

Islamic nations worldwide are pushing for a law banning hate speech or rather any speech about Sharia or Islam for that matter in a way that hurts their feelings.

Tell me what are you people trying to hide.

Only people who have something to hide live in fear of exposure.

A man who has a free and clear conscience will just laugh and walk away if these things were not true, but you and many others like you are part of the game. The game to impose your system on unsuspecting westerners, Africans etc etc .

Unfortunately many many so called civilized and educated people will sell their souls because of the monetary enticements of Sharia banking. This is its true purpose.

Remember many of your so called Northen Elite forced Nigeria into the OIC even though we are not an islamic state.

Remember Kaduna was torn to pieces by people who wanted to impose Sharia on the entire population.

Most of the Nigerian Islamic Scholars have called for Nigeria to be 100% Sharia compliant. Sharia banking is just one of the first steps.

And you have not answered my question, why call it Sharia banking ?
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by faliowino(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2010
@ frosbell let me get one thing straight from u,if u are saying that islam is being forced on u through the introduction of islamic banking are u saying someone has refused u the use of conventional banking which by the way almost grounded the entire west,please tell us this person's name as muslims its our duty to call this guy who ever he is to order. but u know what the real truth is that u are so attracted to this non interest thing ,equitable banking thing. Look bro u really can't seperate anything islamic from the sharia it is forbidden in islam all u can do is to ignore it its left to u and better too because though this is a debate, u really can't win because there is always the other door which is to ignore and continue with conventional banking
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2010
faliowino:

@ frosbell let me get one thing straight from u,if u are saying that islam is being forced on u through the introduction of islamic banking are u saying someone has refused u the use of conventional banking which by the way almost grounded the entire west,please tell us this person's name as muslims its our duty to call this guy who ever he is to order. but u know what the real truth is that u are so attracted to this non interest thing ,equitable banking thing. Look bro u really can't seperate anything islamic from the sharia it is forbidden in islam all u can do is to ignore it its left to u and better too because though this is a debate, u really can't  win because there is always the other door which is to ignore and continue with conventional banking

First of all thanks for your analysis.

The non-interest thing you mentioned is a LIE.

The two dirty secrets of Islamic banking are that, like all banks, Sharia banks do charge interest , they just give it another name , but most importantly the clerics supervising the banks have ties to extremist, even terrorist, groups which work towards the Islamization of the world.

Let me use an example I took off a site that explains Murabaha better than I can.

"At Islamic banks extend a type of Islamic “credit,” called murabaha, that shifts risk to the borrower in a manner similar to interest.
An Islamic bank granting murabaha credit to a customer for an automobile, for example, would purchase the automobile for the customer for $15,000 and the customer would owe the bank $20,000 in a year’s time,

Similarly, under the ‘diminishing musharaka’ credit, the Islamic version of a mortgage, the bank and the customer purchase the property together. The customer must make monthly payments to the bank and pay a monthly rental fee, both based on the portion of the purchase price the bank still owns. Ironically, the interest this amounts to ranges between one and two percent higher than the interest on a conventional mortgage. Although the resale price of the vehicle and the rent paid on the house are akin to simple interest charges, the banks’ sharia boards legitimate the charges by renaming them ‘commissions’ or ‘profits.’

The Sharia boards supervising the Islamic banks and Sharia-compliant financial services offered by regular European banks are composed of members of the European Council for Fatwa and Research. This Council is headed by Sheik Yousef Al-Qaradawi, a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood and instigator and financier of terrorism in Europe and the Middle East. Both Al-Qaradawi and the Council have expressed their hope that “Islam will return to Europe as a conqueror.”
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by omofat: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2010
Frosbel is a fraud. Atleast now he has finally come clean about his claim to want debate and conversation. Like someone said earlier, all he wants is a chance to continue to throw out his anti-islamic propaganda, all the while hiding behind freedom speech and expression.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2010
omo~fat:

Frosbel is a fraud. Atleast now he has finally come clean about his claim to want debate and conversation. Like someone said earlier, all he wants is a chance to continue to throw out his anti-islamic propaganda, all the while hiding behind freedom speech and expression.

You cannot debate a single fact I have mentioned because you know it is TRUE.

There is something to hide, we do not have FOOL written all over our faces.

Why Sharia banking ? You cannot answer a single point to this question.

Its a normal style of bullying, try to intimidate the author into silence and the details , facts and content will be hidden, remain hidden from the prying eyes of the inquisitive.

Remember how many times we were lied to that Nigeria will never join that racsist organisation called the OIC. Well by stealth we are now members.

Debate me, stop attacking me, it shows you have no comment to make on the tons and tons of articles, personal comments, quotations from Islamic sites and videos I have posted here.

Thanks.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by omofat: 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2010
Gosh, you're worse than sarah palin - and that's saying something smiley
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by citizenY(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2010
@ Frosbel,

You are sounding like cracked record. We refuse to disregard your dubious references because
they are not true representations of what Islam is all about. You are embedded somewhere in Britain
and seem to have wrongly subscribed to certain lines of thought that make you impervious to
sensible analysis of the relationship between culture,religion and Economics. You claim to be conservative,
and do not see the relationship between your politics , capital acquisition and making a fast buck and by extension
such fundamentals like the Treaty of Rome, which is one of the basic instruments for establishing the EU.

I could be wrong, but there seems  to be a disconnect between Christian values, conservative values and the
banking system with the introduction of Islamic banking You have been caught in this divide and cannot
stomach it. Life is all about change and when you profess democracy and want to make a penny, some guys merge
them and close their ears to sermons. This what is happening.

I have not heard you comment on the mind boggling millions stashed away in Europe, the benefits of which you are
enjoying at the expense of our people at home. Is that also conservatism?Or the ostrich method?

I  want to believe that your education will not deter your jaundiced mind from avoiding critiques on the
basis of prejudiced authors when you have not read or have not got  an understanding of Islam. Criticism is good
but phobia and prejudice is destructive.

This is what you have been distributing all over Nairaland. THIS DUBIOUS SOPHISTRY IS NOT HELPING YOUR CASE.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Realpoint(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2010
@frosbel

Nobody imposed this banking system on you or anybody.But remember that if the system is not good people like Soludo will not agree to it because they are expact on such issue.

Don't ask anybody why Sharia banking?Go and findout yourself and whatever conclusion you might have should be the final.

People like you start trend with bias mindset without proof because if you really want the truth alot have been said.

@All

Is better you leave frosbel with his thinking as he refused to change his stand but love running away from facts.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2010
Realpoint:

@frosbel

Nobody imposed this banking system on you or anybody.But remember that if the system is not good people like Soludo will not agree to it because they are expact on such issue.

Don't ask anybody why Sharia banking?Go and findout yourself and whatever conclusion you might have should be the final.

People like you start trend with bias mindset without proof because if you really want the truth alot have been said.

@All

Is better you leave frosbel with his thinking as he refused to change his stand but love running away from facts.

What is the goal of Sharia banking and why is it called Sharia banking. You cannot answer because you know what Sharia is all about.

And if you come here and LIE to nairlanders that SHARIA is for Muslims only in intent then you are a LIAR.  I will then prove from your own sources not Christian sources or CNN et al, but Islamic sources who want Worldwide Sharia law implemented.

I did not start with a bias mindset, in fact I have seen Islamic banks so many times here in the UK and thought nothing of it ,until I started doing some research myself.My research was based on financial sources, Islamic sources, conservative websites etc etc.

After sifting through all this information, I came to the conclusion that Sharia banking is another name for Financial Jihad.

You and your friends refuse to address any of my points, sad !
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by truly: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2010
@Frosbel
Sharia or Islamic Banking has a foundation in the quran
Allah says
"Those who eat Riba (usury) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Satan leading him to insanity. That is because they say: 'Trading is only like Riba,' whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden Riba. So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Riba shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allah (to judge); but whoever returns (to Riba ), such are the dwellers of the Fire - they will abide therein. "(Qur’an 2:275)

However, you know very well that Islamic law is not based only on the quran

The quran commands muslims to pray
Everyday, muslims make the call to prayer 6 times
The text of what is said is not found in the quran
It is in the books of ahadeeth

So the explanation of Sharia banking principles is to be found in those books of ahadeeth

But it does not even matter that it is not in the quran
In so far as a thing was done, commanded or condoned by the Prophet (peace be upon Him)
A muslim who knows what he is really doing would accept it

Now, since you are saying sharia banking is injurious to you
why don't you just ignore any bank offering it

Oh, by the way, I have not been able to borrow from a bank in Nigeria
Because they would charge interest
and that is haraam

If you believe, as you claim, that there is freedom of expression
according to the Nigerian constitution, freedom of association
why would you deprive me of this opportunity being offered by islamic banking
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2010
Attention !!

Many Sharia Proponents are flagging the Youtube videos I posted here , prompting them to be deleted.

Well I have multiple sources and have re-added the embedded codes.

See what I mean by YOU HAVE SOMETHING to HIDE ?

WHY are some of you flagging these videos, lol.

I rest my case.

For proof please go to page 1 of this article, I have left the original video which was flagged and deleted by Youtube and added another embedded source.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2010
truly:

@Frosbel
Sharia or Islamic Banking has a foundation in the quran
Allah says
"Those who eat Riba (usury) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Satan leading him to insanity. That is because they say: 'Trading is only like Riba,' whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden Riba. So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Riba shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allah (to judge); but whoever returns (to Riba ), such are the dwellers of the Fire - they will abide therein. "(Qur’an 2:275)

However, you know very well that Islamic law is not based only on the quran

The quran commands muslims to pray
Everyday, muslims make the call to prayer 6 times
The text of what is said is not found in the quran
It is in the books of ahadeeth

So the explanation of Sharia banking principles is to be found in those books of ahadeeth

But it does not even matter that it is not in the quran
In so far as a thing was done, commanded or condoned by the Prophet (peace be upon Him)
A muslim who knows what he is really doing would accept it

Now, since you are saying sharia banking is injurious to you
why don't you just ignore any bank offering it

Oh, by the way, I have not been able to borrow from a bank in Nigeria
Because they would charge interest
and that is haraam

If you believe, as you claim, that there is freedom of expression
according to the Nigerian constitution, freedom of association
why would you deprive me of this opportunity being offered by islamic banking

I have absolutely no qualms against Islamic banking, Christian banking, Hindu banking etc etc .

You see I like you believe in 100% freedom of worship and religion, expression and speech, provided it does not infringe on the rights and wishes of the general populace.

Kindly go through some of my previous comments. my problem is with the Sharia denotation.  Sharia banking is not seperate from Sharia as a system.

Therefore mathematically if  Sharia banking is a part of the Sharia system , it encompasses the entire concept of the Sharia system, its goals, determinations and ploys.

And it is common knowledge that some Islamic Scholars on the worldwide advisory board of Sharia banking are unrepentant proponents of a Worldwide Sharia system.

Now that is my problem, we DO NOT WANT A SHARIA SYSTEM, we want a SECULAR SYSTEM
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by cmezue: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2010
@frosbel, u really need to shut d hell up. ur so evidently full of hate. bloody hypocrite
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2010
cmezue:

@frosbel, u really need to shut d hell up. your so evidently full of hate. bloody hypocrite

Thats all you can come up with  undecided

The mounting evidence has overwhelmed you .  grin

Criticism of a system is now called hate.
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by faliowino(m): 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2010
frosbel:

I have absolutely no qualms against Islamic banking, Christian banking, Hindu banking etc etc .

You see I like you believe in 100% freedom of worship and religion, expression and speech, provided it does not infringe on the rights and wishes of the general populace.

Kindly go through some of my previous comments. my problem is with the Sharia denotation.  Sharia banking is not seperate from Sharia as a system.

Therefore mathematically if  Sharia banking is a part of the Sharia system , it encompasses the entire concept of the Sharia system, its goals, determinations and ploys.

And it is common knowledge that some Islamic Scholars on the worldwide advisory board of Sharia banking are unrepentant proponents of a Worldwide Sharia system.

Now that is my problem, we DO NOT WANT A SHARIA SYSTEM, we want a SECUALR SYSTEM
ok @frosbel so all ur argument so far is that u want a muslim to b separated from islam ummmm now i can see where u are headed, just so u may understand one thing like i said u cant seperate islam from sharia so also u cant separate anything islamic from sharia because thats the d only law recognized in islamso bro u may actually be heading no where with ur arguments
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by truly: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2010
frosbel:

Kindly go through some of my previous comments. my problem is with the Sharia denotation.  Sharia banking is not seperate from Sharia as a system.

Therefore mathematically if  Sharia banking is a part of the Sharia system , it encompasses the entire concept of the Sharia system, its goals, determinations and ploys.

Now that is my problem, we DO NOT WANT A SHARIA SYSTEM, we want a SECUALR SYSTEM
Actually Sharia banking is separate from Sharia system
Lotus capital in Lagos is practising sharia banking
But does it have the ability to implement full scale sharia system
-marriage system, inheritance, penal codes etc
that is impossible!

if we follow your argument, we cannot extract anything from any system without
adopting the entire system wholesale
So those people practising Islamic Banking are on the way to implementing sharia system
while Palin & Co are watching?
There must be a limit to how much we stretch an argument
Because I cannot see how some people practising sharia banking
will suddenly  make it allowable for you to marry a second wife

And your secular here means western and in conformity with christian values
but intolerant of Islamic values

Why is it that christians want to have their own wants satisfied and at the same time
preclude others from same

Afterall, you don't allow us take Fridays off
Christians do take Sundays off

and according to the western system of democracy
that is fair, just and representative of the wishes of the people
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by truly: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2010
frosbel:

Thats all you can come up with  undecided

The mounting evidence has overwhelmed you .  grin

Criticism of a system is now called hate.
Mounting?
Really

Seriously, you hate Islam
You make serious allegations without proof
You said because something is part of another
we cannot have a part

We use gregorian calendar in Nigerian since I can remember
But I have not on account of that started worshipping janus or februa

Now because you just jump from a bank being run by some private persons
to the overthrow of a complete legal and social system
You say the evidence is mounting
Re: Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2010
You make serious allegations without proof

Another one of many lies.

You have rampaged throughout this article skipping over all the evidence.

Seriously, you hate Islam

I hate totalitarian ideologies BUT I have nothing against MUSLIMS anywhere and everywhere.

You are personalising this whole thing thereby creating a euphoria of victim based mentality.

We use gregorian calendar in Nigerian since I can remember
But I have not on account of that started worshipping janus or februa

Okay and ? Should we now have a Sharia calender ?

Now because you just jump from a bank being run by some private persons
to the overthrow of a complete legal and social system
You say the evidence is mounting

Once again  you are missing the point.

Please start from the beginning of this thread and study my comments and videos carefully, then you will understand my argument.

Lets try and be diligent in our analysis of a thread and not just dart about looking for snippets of info that will assist you in launching personal attacks.

To be truthful, I have made my point and I am now weary of unnecessary accusation instead of debate.

You have NOT PROVIDED any source or article to support any of your points.

I refuse to continue arguing for the sake of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Household And Office Furniture At Affordable Rates / Aiteo Group Emerges Businessday’s ‘company Of The Year 2017′ / Famous Brands Takes 49% Stake In Nigeria’s Mr Bigg’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.