Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony (21083 Views)

Diary Of My Grasscutter Colony / Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG / What Does Cattle Colony Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by tk4rd: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2018
All the benefits you listed are for the cattle and the herdsmen..
What are the benefits to host communities.??
Only about stopping fights.?
What if the numerous cattle finish eating all the grasses within the colonies,, and start looking for more grasses outside the colonies, nko.??
Then, everything goes back to square-one, and fights continue again..
Take these benefits and go..
The whole Cattle Colony idea is Dead On Arrival..
Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by 9tailskid: 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
Thank you but NO...
As if being a British colony in times past isn't enough... They want to make us a Cattle colony so that the hegemony of the North will get a better footing...

Op, please goan read up on what Thomas Sankara did for Burkina Faso as regards to this kind of issue...

The North already has enough landmass for colonies, they should just invest and develop/reclaim their land that's almost being desertified..

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by elbuzzy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
After giving our lands to this private individuals will the cattles become free to the public..i am not understanding
Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by CioAngels(f): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
They are so much desperations that they are coming with difference kinds tricks that is heating the rock. You have 16 state already and that is more than enough.
Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by Adieza(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
whirlwind7:
Adieza....
You are just a kid. You should be in your 20s, so its understandable your future is well ahead of you. I like this topic you created, believe me.
Unlike most people who are chiding you here, I am making this post to share something with you. I won't claim I have seen it all, or know it all, or what not. The cattle colony idea itself is a good one. It would have minimized the frequent clashes between farmers and herdsmen, if it doesn't totally stop it.
But, apart from the fact that THIS IS NIGERIA, where nothing goes the way its supposed to, the more important factor you should consider is, who are these cattle colonies going to be created for. The people behind the idea, and the people who are going to occupy the colony. The "colonialists", if you will.

These two questions doesn't require much thoughts. The people behind it and the people who wants it have a provenance and a reputation that precedes them, and is, to put it mildly, horrific.
They already have something in the semblance of a colony in Southern Kaduna. Ask the indigenes how that " colony" came to be....and you will be cured of any delusions you might have that this call for colonies is altruistic. Deal with these folks at your own detriment. That is guaranteed. This is a subtle jihad. Nothing on earth can convince me otherwise.
I rarely reply to comments on nairaland due to insult sir, Actually I am grateful for the commendation, I am an agric blogger, I have written then negative aspect and this is the positive aspect sir.
It is necessary I do this.
Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
LaClicKLaBenDin:

That's just it! They always claim they have the biggest land Mass up north, so, why this demonic craving to graze in the south? Since they have large expanse of land in the north, they should just practice their normadic way of life there.
Exactly,its not just a claim o,i schooled in Niger state,its actually the biggest state in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by dataideas: 12:23am On Jan 26, 2018
Re: 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony by correctguy101(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
uplawal:
You are most appreciated,our leaders dnt love us,and many of us are tooo scared and mumu too.

Of course they don't love you or me or anyone for that matter.

But truth be said, you don't need anybody's love. Whether they give it or not, you will always be you.. Learn to love yourself. You only have one earth suit ( maybe until the sciences find a way to make another wink )

You have only you. so take care of you with all your essence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Your Nafdac Registration Number In 3months / FG Targets Five Million Jobs From €995m Agric Programme / How To Sucessfully Start A Poultry Feedmill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.