Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,378 members, 7,839,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

My Thought: Why Our Tomorrow Never Comes- The Problem. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thought: Why Our Tomorrow Never Comes- The Problem. (412 Views)

My Thought: Why Our Tomorrow Never Comes / Segun Adewale Speaks To Ekiti Youths - Lets Fix Our Tomorrow Today / I thought I was 74 But Was Told I’m 75 - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thought: Why Our Tomorrow Never Comes- The Problem. by EndtimeJudge(m): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
MY THOUGHT: WHY OUR TOMORROW NEVER COMES- THE PROBLEM...
BY ADESIDA ADETILOYE OLAMIDE
adesidaadetiloye@gmail.com

"Even though the future seems far away, it is actually beginning right now", says Mattie Stepanek which explains the says 'Youths are the leaders of tomorrow'. It's a say that was born even before the name "Nigeria" and was realistic in the country or continent where it was coined. Up till tomorrow, it is still an order of the day in those countries that belief so much in their youth. Emmanuel Macron is a paradigm

In giant of Africa, 'Youth are the leaders of tomorrow' have been used alot to Play youths' hand. Elected officials since democracy was attained are not willing to step-down, they have been moving from one political office to another and one party to another within decades. The political arena in Nigeria is moving among the same caucus with analogue brain.
No doubt that the Old political minds are vital in the need of sustaining growth and development of the country by advising Young political aspirants (Presidency, Governorship, House of Assemblies; National and State level, Councillorship and in political appointment offices) in the right path to govern the country. Fresh minds (Youths) are needed to close the wide gap between the First world countries like United States of America, CANADA, England, Germany etc. with contemporary approach and exposure to education for sustenance of growth and development.

Youth should not think God will come from Heaven and fight Our battles, 'Heaven helps those who help themselves'. We are experiencing the ills in the society and most of the youth claim they are educated and exposed, why can't we use education as a tool to thrive? Nelson Mandela said "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world". Also Malcom X said, "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today".

Below are some expected issues of concern for the youths that belief in the transformation of this most populous black country on earth:

1. Failure to register for Voter's card: From 18 years old, we are meant to register for a Voter's card but most of the youth feel it is not of importance to register for a Voter's card. Voter's card is a tool that validates our Suffrage.
2. Inability to collect the Voter's card by some youths that registered.
3. Failure of the few who collected their Voter's card to use it on the election day but failed to vote for the right candidate.
4. Selling our Vote: Political aspirants and electorates have turned democracy to goods, thereby selling and buying of votes. This process affects the youths because we leave the long-term benefits for short-term benefits of democracy by selling their vote to the highest bidder. When elected through this, S(he) has no choice than to recuperate the expenses during the election there by neglecting the needs of the masses.
5. Berating the elected and appointed government officials 'only' on Social media: Most of these officials are not signed up on social media or see the rants made by the Public. Don't we know their offices? Can't we call for peaceful demonstration/protest?
6. Political apathy: Youths unwillingness to partake in exercising their suffrage, electioneering or belonging to a political party. Although you must not belong to a political party before you vote for the right candidate.
7. Political inclined and eligible youths are not aspiring for political post. Maybe they are petrified of failure, lack of sponspor, or they are boycotted by stacks of money.
We have been ruled by old power-drunk rulers in a coon's age, ruling 360 from Head of State to President, From Governorship to House of Parliament, House of Parliament to President. Growth and Development in Nigeria is known for Retrogression.
It is not too Late. Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow, the important thing is not to stop questioning.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Killings: Corps Members Posted To Affected States Free To Redeploy, Say / A Government With Heart Of Stone / Lagos State Political Slots For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.