Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,769 members, 7,841,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

One Useful Trick You Should Teach Your Child(ren) In Order To Prevent Kidnapping - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Useful Trick You Should Teach Your Child(ren) In Order To Prevent Kidnapping (417 Views)

Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High / Three Men Kill Their Friend In Order To Steal His Dangote Truck. Photos / Man In Jalingo Throws Baby In A Well With Juju In Order To Win Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Useful Trick You Should Teach Your Child(ren) In Order To Prevent Kidnapping by uzoebere1(f): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2018
Kids, mostly the little ones love to play a lot and its very easy for strangers to deceive them. This is one of the major fears of a parent-having their kids kidnapped!!���� scary�

But to prevent this from ever occurring, I'll show you what you have to teach your child/children.

Give them a code/password.

Its in form of a question that only the two of you know the answer to and the answer you know must correspond to the answer your child knows in order to avoid any confusion.

For smaller children within the age range of 2-6yrs, make it look like they are playing hide and seek, whereby if the stranger gives a wrong answer to the question, the child will run away and hide somewhere safe or report to an older n trusted adult.

Let me give you an example of the code:

Lets say the question you have discussed with your child is this: “What am I having for lunch today?” And you can give the child something different like rice and okro soup� That's the password:
... “rice and okro soup”.

A scenerio to play this out for you: .

You have to pick up your child from school and you are running a bit late. Then someone else whom you didn't send, comes to pick your child. This is where the code comes into place: before your child leaves with the person, he/she asks: what am I having for lunch today?

Any response aside from the password has put the person in the red. And remember to give your child the next line of action in the case of a wrong answer. .
It can be reporting to the teacher on a low key in order not to arouse suspicion from the kidnapper, or looking for a safe place to hide.

There are different random questions n answes to use as a password and changing them once in a while will also be a good one. But make it easy for your children to remember and also fun for them too��
Share and tag mothers you know to learn from this.
Re: One Useful Trick You Should Teach Your Child(ren) In Order To Prevent Kidnapping by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2018
Hope the kidnappers are not on Nairaland...

The best thing is to bust anyone or groups suspected by reporting them to the local Vigilante people. I mean local Vigilante and not those people in your thoughts
Re: One Useful Trick You Should Teach Your Child(ren) In Order To Prevent Kidnapping by GraGra247(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2018
Downside is that that if there's danger and a kind stranger tries to save the kid from it, the kid will resist and may meet harm.

Happens sometimes that strangers save kids from disaster.

(1) (Reply)

Dad Attacks Doctor Who Sexually Abused His 3 Daughters / Police Nab 2 Men For Hijacking Truck Load Of Beer / Teacher Flogs Student To Death In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.