Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High (54349 Views)

Mother Puts Her Son's Legs In Boiled Water In Etche Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Woman Boiled Water 3 Times And Poured On Her Niece (Disturbing Photos) / Man Caught With Female Pants And Sanitary Pad In Ondo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by booblacain(m): 7:50am On Feb 17, 2019
Kids are reportedly drinking boiled sanitary pad water in order to get high

Some people will do anything to get high; whether it's licking a toad's butt or huffing fumes generated from heated manure, there's no low that people won't stoop to in order to get totally baked. However, now it seems that there's a new, and totally gross, method of intoxication that's doing the rounds among adolescents in Southeast Asia. If you're of a squeamish disposition, then you might to want to read any further because trust me: this story will turn your stomach.

Local officials in Indonesia are now claiming that teenagers are using (of all things) women's menstrual pads to get high off of. The teenagers are apparently getting stoned by using their chemistry skills to boil sanitary products and then drinking the water.

Teenagers in Indonesia are boiling used sanitary pads and drinking the resulting liquid in attempts to get high. The bizarre new craze has reportedly gripped youths looking for a cheap and legal way to get high.

The kids apparently live on the streets of cities like Kudus, Pati, Rembang, and West Semarang, in dire poverty, are typically between the age of 13-16, and take the menstrual pads, (some of which have even been used already) and boil them in water. This distils the chemical gels inside, which gives them a high similar to those experienced by people huffing glue.

Commenting on this dire social issue, Senior Commander Suprinarto, a representative from the National Narcotics Agency, stated: "The used pads they took from the trash were put in boiling water. After it cooled down, they drank it together ... The materials they're using are legal, but they're not being used in a way that's intended, so it ends up being used like a drug. We need to take steps to educate people that there are materials that aren’t classified as drugs or psychotropics in the eyes of the law, but can still be misused."

Apparently, this is not a new problem, and some experts are now claiming that this kind of behaviour has been ongoing for many years. Jimy Ginting, an Indonesian anti-addiction activist, commented on the rise in cases of solvent abuse and underage alcoholism in the country, stated: "I don't know who started it all, but I knew it started around two years ago. There is no law against it so far. There is no law against these kids using a mixture of mosquito repellent and cold syrup to get drunk."

Meanwhile, commissioner for drugs and health with the Indonesian Committee on Child Protection Sitty Hikmawatty stated: "A lot of these kids are smart, and with the internet they can make new variants and concoctions. This is where the risk factor goes up because they’re only concerned with one substance in a mixture, ignoring the other substances, leaving open the possibility of fatal side effects."

The Indonesian Ministry of Health claims that it will investigate the chemical composition of menstrual pads to discern what is giving them the high. However, the issue has served to highlight the problem of child poverty in the region, as well as the large amount of waste produced by sanitary pads in the first place.

http://vt.co/lifestyle/health/kids-are-reportedly-drinking-boiled-sanitary-pad-water-in-order-to-get-high?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by iceboy4752(m): 7:59am On Feb 17, 2019
Strange.

3 Likes

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2019
Seen
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by solablings(f): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
Foreign countries foreign problems. It can only happen in one part of Nigeria guess where?

You can tag me with your reply.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by anytexy: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
What rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
Blood of Nicodemus shocked

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by OROBOR17(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by alsudaes1(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
Aboutwatch007:
Am about to ask are they high for drinking that to get high?
They must be very high

Perhaps, they wanted to get "higher"

11 Likes

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by bettercreature(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
Getting high that won't increase the money in their bank account

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by Lanretoye(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
High na high,all join.

1 Like

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by rentAcock(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
I commend them for this, whoever started this should be found and granted full scholarship to any of the top schools in the world. Unlike Nigerian science students who only learn theory, these guys are conducting applied chemistry and by doing so, they have discovered an unknown hallucinogen in sanitary pads. But I'm afraid that Indonesia might ban sanitary pads altogether and anyone smuggling it into the country will be dealt with the death penalty like all narcotic traffickers. Women may have to revert back to using cocoyam leaves like back in the days.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by Brio984(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
buhari's fault tho

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2019
Your hiqhness you must be lifted hiqh
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by chxe: 8:01am On Feb 17, 2019
Is wah oh
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by kenny714433(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2019
undecided

I thought it was somewhere in 9ja.
Quite disgusting. Let me check google to confirm if those towns mention have affiliate with some towns in 9ja

Modified I talk am.
They don't tolerate alcohol at all..... Na dem.
lipsrsealed

26 Likes

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by karnafiu03(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2019
Pls who know the current price of bag of beans in Lagos??

According to thier varieties pls.
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by dayleke: 8:02am On Feb 17, 2019
Make dis one no get to Naija o...
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by Omoluabi16(m): 8:02am On Feb 17, 2019
It does turn my stomach. Used pad filled with that....
I have seen it all
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by gratiaeo(m): 8:02am On Feb 17, 2019
Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by Necksonnel: 8:02am On Feb 17, 2019
I can't imagine what this world is turning into

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by kereman1: 8:02am On Feb 17, 2019
pics or idonbileavit.

8 Likes

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by dingbang(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
They will soon start stealing sanitary pads
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by olusola200: 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
GOD pls take control
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by canalily(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
solablings:
grin
solar xup wit u naa?
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by DonBenny77(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari must go

3 Likes

Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by laughitall(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
We are moving to the Next level Higher
Re: Kids Drinking Boiled Sanitary Pad Water In Order To Get High by Daniel058(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
U will see some Nigerians trying it soon as it has been revealed to them through this news.

Don't be surprised This is end time so anything can happen.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teenager Knocks His Father To Death For Fighting With His Mum In Abuja (Photo) / I Killed My Lover-landlady Because She Was Angry I Married (photo) / Delta Police Parade Suspected IPOB Members, Cultists (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.