Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu (732 Views)

Jonathan Tsado Vatsa: We Have No Moral Right To Sponsor Hate Speech Bill / I Was Warned By Northern PDP Leader Not To Attack, Criticise Buhari Again - FFK / Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Accuse Anyone Of Corruption – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by agwom(m): 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2018
Former Abia governor, Dr Orji Kalu, on Thursday faulted ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo’s letter to President Muhammadu Buhari criticising his poor handling of the economy and advising him not to contest the 2019 presidential election.

Kalu told newsmen at the Murtala Muhammed Airport 2, Lagos, that Obasanjo lacked the moral right to comment on such national issues.
He noted that Buhari’s government may be slow in taking critical decisions, but had done well in tackling corruption, recalling high level of graft in the 16 years that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ruled Nigeria.
Kalu said Buhari had recorded modest achievements in his two and half years tenure, which necessitates his re-election.
The former governor listed the commencement of work on the Second Niger Bridge and other interventions in the economy as some of Buhari’s feats.
“I am not going to talk about former President Obasanjo’s letter because I am going to make some consultations with the United States, Germany, China and the United Kingdom, then I will come back and speak on that letter.
“I think Obasanjo’s letter is not in the best interest of Nigeria. I don’t want to reply him because I have given you example times without number.
“There are three express roads Obasanjo refused to build when he was the president of Nigeria; Port Harcourt-Okigwe-Umuahia-Enugu expressway. It is being built now by the Buhari administration.
“Another one is the Enugu-Awka-Onitsha Expressway. It is being built now by the Buhari administration. Obasanjo did not build it.
“Then there is the Onitsha-Owerri-Aba Expressway. The Buhari administration is building it now.
“Between Obasanjo and Buhari who should I call my friend in real terms? So Buhari is my friend; so he is a better President.

“I don’t wish to reply that letter because the former president has no morals that should qualify him to write that letter,” he said.
According to Kalu, Nigerians have also not forgotten the $16 billion wasted on building power plants by the Obasanjo administration which yielded no result.
He said it would therefore be unfair to the South East, South South and South Western parts of Nigeria not to support the second term bid of Buhari.
He however advised Buhari to speak on security issues in Nigeria because it was threatening the fabric of socio-economic cohesion of the country.
Kalu said the challenge of herdsmen/farmers clash was lingering in some states because their governors lacked the capacity to handle the situation. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/obasanjo-lacks-moral-right-to-criticise-buhari-kalu.html

Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by SalamRushdie: 7:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
So because Obasanjo lacks the moral right he should never tell the truth again ..Buhari is burning Nigeria to the ground and no sane Nigerian will seat still and watch
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:
So because Obasanjo lacks the moral right he should never tell the truth again ..Buhari is burning Nigeria to the ground and no sane Nigerian will seat still and watch
[/s]

Bla blah blah!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by lilfreezy: 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
bia kalu...

Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by Evablizin(f): 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
shocked

Look at this one,you too don't have the moral right to criticize OBJ so shiit away.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by pcicero(m): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
Thank you Uncle Uzor. You have been noticed.

You are right, Obasanjo has no moral right to criticize Buhari and it is also morally wrong for you to tell us that.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by SweetJoystick(m): 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2018
Yes he is fighting corruption by making you a free man, by dinning with you, by making star witness in your trial disappear and not testify against you. Una lucky say I no get gun, squad or be terrorist because I for take all of una down, turn after turn.
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by dealslip(f): 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2018
It is very good to complain on social media platforms but it is even better to ensure you register for INEC voters card if you have never owned one or if you just turned 18 years. INEC registration is going on at the moment and will close by 31st January. Visit INEC website for registration centres close to you. This registration is the most silent one I ever seen. Don't be disenfranchised, remember only your PVC qualifies you to change our collective destiny. This government is capable of anything, hence the silent registration exercise. This are areas that can be exploited by them. If anyone thinks Buhari will relinquish power like a gentle man like GEJ, please have a rethink. It is going to be a tussle. Prepare your minds to fight to finish. Please share within all your circle
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by greatgod2012(f): 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
And you Kalu do not have the moral right to criticize OBJ or whoever decides to write letter to brother Buhari!
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by KingsCity: 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kalu should go and sort out himself with EFCC first
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by usba: 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Bla blah blah!

grin grin grin The guy is amongst PDP hunger people that have been adversely affected by the fierce counter insurgency anti-corruption war.
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by usba: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
[s]
Evablizin:
shocked

Look at this one,you too don't have the moral right to criticize OBJ so shiit away.
[/s]

Weak, try a better more intellectual response.
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by nerodenero: 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
OBJ was a bad president to you because he didn't construct some roads in the East, fine. You can't please everybody.

OBJ is no saint but Brother Kalu analyze what he said and quit playing politics with everything unnecessarily. Forget the messenger but consider the message now!

OBJ spoke the minds of most people and Brother Kalu, your people are even wailing, Nigerians are wailing. Anyway I understand, support APC and your corruption charges are wiped away, behold you are born again, old sins have passed away and you are new now. Honestly if I see you now, I will gladly stone you for not being considerate.
Re: Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Criticise Buhari – Kalu by freeze001(f): 8:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
Just imagine Orji Uzor Kalu talking about corruption..Abia is very much alive to his time in office as governor from 1999-2007.

This man should know when to keep quiet and just say, 'no comment' on some issues and this is one of them.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Can’t Deliver On Our Promises – Osinbajo / Why Nigeria Power Sector Can Never Get It Right - MFM Pastor / How The Gulf Region Changed In The Past Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.