Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? (18648 Views)

Two Undergraduate UNIZIK Students Found In Dead In Hostel / Universities With 100% Full Accreditation For Undergraduate Courses 2019 / Is It Legal For Teachers To Flog Students In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by DKrown: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2018
dear nairalanders, is it legal to pursue two undergraduate courses in Nigerian institutions simultaneously? please share your opinions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by EbukaHades10(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2018
No. Absolutely not. No freaking way It will be clearly stated in whatever handbook they(the school) gives u.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by DKrown: 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2018
EbukaHades10:
No. Absolutely not. No freaking way It will be clearly stated in whatever handbook they(the school) gives u.
but i heard that it is allowed in the U.S.A, india and some other countries.

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by EbukaHades10(m): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
DKrown:

but i heard that it is allowed in the U.S.A, india and some other countries.
Maybe,maybe not. Dont know about private universities but it is not allowed in a federal university in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by davbravo(m): 4:35am On Jan 26, 2018
DKrown:
dear nairalanders, is it legal to pursue two undergraduate courses in Nigerian institutions simultaneously? please share your opinions.
it's possible, but has to be in different schools

4 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Crossbow(m): 7:07am On Jan 26, 2018
No matter how brilliant you are, you can't take the mental pressure from 2 undergraduate courses, you will really feel the impact in your 300l and u will get poor results from both ends.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by eagleeye2: 7:33am On Jan 26, 2018
It can be done but in two different universities. The problem is, are you up to the task? Because doing one cause is a hell of stress in Nigerian universities, not to talk of running two simultaneously.
But if you have the funds available and can endure the stress, then by all means do it.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by fasho01(m): 7:35am On Jan 26, 2018
Over here, your capability is what counts

It'll be illegal for you to run two courses simultaneously and fail both simultaneously

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by truckin: 7:35am On Jan 26, 2018
My brother, back in the day... If Absu senate catch u erh!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by omowolewa: 7:35am On Jan 26, 2018
Possible but different schools

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by sunbbo(m): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2018
It is your money and your life.
Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by israelmao(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2018
No law binding one from running two courses so long one has the wherewithal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2018
Waiting to read from those who know.
Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 26, 2018
It's surely legal but not a very wise thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by RobinHez(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2018
Crossbow:
No matter how brilliant you are, you can't take the mental pressure from 2 undergraduate courses, you will really feel the impact in your 300l and u will get poor results from both ends.

This is true.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Pavore9: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2018
Knew way back when someone was studying at both IMT and ESUT simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by IME1: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2018
I know 2 people who did it in a federal university

Since they initially gave them courses they did not like

They started them but wrote jamb again, got the courses they liked and continued simultaneously

What am I saying sef? I know 3 people!

Have a good day everyone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by jolyment: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2018
It's illegal if you are attending a federal university.I don't know of state and private universities.I know a guy that studied two different courses in different federal universities at the same time. If you are doing that, don't allow the school to be aware because it's against the rules of federal universities in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by lifestyle1(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2018
To get admission for one course in nigeria na war and you they reason to run 2 courses.

Who you be ?

sad

4 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by ikorodureporta: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2018
But some1 can easily run 2masters simultaneously
Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by seunny4lif(m): 7:51am On Jan 26, 2018
In Nigeria? Yes but please
NB:
Do want to die Young?
Only one course self Man wan die
Worst classrooms and the stress
God help you, if na FUTA, OAU or UI

In Europe? Yes

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by jolyment: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2018
ikorodureporta:
But some1 can easily run 2masters simultaneously

I don't know if it's allowed. Do you think masters in Nigeria is easy like that? In most cases you will be working when doing masters. So how can you combine them? I was doing two jobs to sponsor my masters .It was very difficult. I was just lucky to have PhD grade.
Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by minke: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2018
Although it may not be clearly stated in any of the rules for students in any Nigerian university, it is practically impossible for the following reasons:

1. Some schools require up to 80% attendance in class before you can take examinations in any course. if that is the case, how do you intend to garner 80% attendance in all the courses in the two programs you're running concurrently if they are both regular programs?

2. If you run the programs in the same university, examinations will definitely clash. If not in the same school, the movement from one school to another will definitely take it's toll on you.

The idea can only work if one of the programs is a part-time or weekend program.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by BigBrother9ja: 7:54am On Jan 26, 2018
We did it and we excelled...

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Lollyad: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2018
Check ur handbook.
Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by richiebillz2: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2018
A friend of mine did it wen we were in school. During our jamb days d school we applied for was not admitting medicine at that time due NUC restrictions. So, they gave us biochemistry, along the line wen we were in our year two they began admitting medicine and surgery, that friend of mine sat for jamb again and was admitted into medicine. The next year he was to do medicine year one and biochemistry year three. I don't knw hw he managed to cope, although biochemistry year one and two courses are related to that of medicine except for the addition of anatomy and physiology courses for those doing medicine. Fortunately for him dere was no clash of exam date for both departments and he finished on a first class for biochemistry and he s in medicine year four now.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Inspire01: 8:01am On Jan 26, 2018
A guy did it in uniben, bt it was part time and full time simultaneously. It was disastrous, he graduated with 3rd class in the full-time program and spilled over in the PT

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:06am On Jan 26, 2018
it is illegal if you attend a public tertiary sch, tax payers subsidized your tuition, so receiving 2grants for same individual concurrently isnt allowed, however people still run such prog, but try it only if you have the strength; mental, academic, financial, etc

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Melahou(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Crossbow:

I have two degree from two universities in the eastern part of Nigeria...
one from a Federal University while the other from a State University with
just a gap of one year apart but graduated same year. tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by freemanbubble: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2018
the only one have seen was my friend running a part-time in computer science and a full time in petroleum engineering concurrently at university of Benin.

the one am doing now is a Uniben a security job and a part time course in computer science simultaneously
but am planning to write jamb and if they give me admission in any other course then i will seek for permanent night duty on the security job. with that I can run the security job, computer science in part time and the full time course at the same time

2 Likes

Re: Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? by Royaldave200(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2018
Crossbow:

I disagree with you bro, during my undergraduate days I had a course mate running both philosophy at Unilag and history at Lasu, infact she finished with 2.1(both)
and we all knw how broad philosophy can be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities / Ijmb In Ilorin - Everything You Need To Know And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.