Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,282 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? (1096 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Aso Rock. Gambari An Abacha Man / Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO / President Buhari, Amaechi And El-Rufai At The Dry Land Seaport In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by mekaboy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
If Nigeria is restructured, will the seaport belong to federal or state government?
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by osile2012: 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Should be the federal government. They will be responsible for international relations as well as import export. Anything coming in and out of Nigeria, by land or sea.

A token could be paid to the state of final destination of the container.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by SuperS1Panther: 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
Why are you bothered?

Is your region landlocked and gully eroded red mud land of pigidiotic osus?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by Desyner: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
Both
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by seunmsg(m): 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2018
osile2012:
Should be the federal government. They will be responsible for international relations as well as import export. Anything coming in and out of Nigeria, by land or sea.

Lol. State/region will be in charge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by osile2012: 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
seunmsg:

Lol. State/region will be in charge.

Unfortunately wrong. When you talk about things like freedom of movement of goods and services in ECOWAS or trade relationships with other countries, it is a country by country relationship and not country with state or region, unless SW becomes a country.

You can about state police, but you wont hear anyone talk about state army, state customs or state immigration. Those are all manned by the federal government.

If you export something out of Nigeria, it wont be said this is a Lagos product or portharcourt product,but Nigerian product. Sames goes to import destination .

The same way the borders are secured by the federal government of Nigeria, same goes to sea and navy .

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by mekaboy(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
Why are you bothered?

Is your region landlocked and gully eroded red mud land of pigidiotic osus?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol, no bro I am cool. I am from Anambra, the state with one the highest gas reserves in Nigeria. Also endowed with oil. Our Sister state is Enugu with coal and oil. Our other sister is ebonyi with limestone , imo and Abia with oil.

Our brothers from Niger Delta will also concentrate on their own oil sales.

Together we will generate enough electricity to power the whole of Africa.

Produce cement etc for infrastructure. Trade some oil and refine some. While fuel sells for 145 in other places, it will sell for 45 naira.

Our state and region will be the manufacturing hub of Africa because of cheap electricity and gas.

We will buy food from the north because we are businessmen, we will be rich and physically lazy to farm.

While we receive allocation from federal government from sale of oil, we also receive for oil export and electricity sales. With all this income youths will be paid for being idle.

We will also carry our product to the sea for export and pay a token for export to the federal government, while our funds are wired direct to our account.

I know your likes will be envious and do alaye and agbero work to get small change. We will settle you as we move our products to the federal government controlled seaport. That is if the pipes don't go directly to the sea.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by Obinnau(m): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2018
mekaboy:

Lol, no bro I am cool. I am from Anambra, the state with one the highest gas reserves in Nigeria. Also endowed with oil. Our Sister state is Enugu with coal and oil. Our other sister is ebonyi with limestone , imo and Abia with oil.

Produce cement etc for infrastructure. Trade some oil and refine some. While fuel sells for 145 in other places, it will sell for 45 naira.

Our state and region will be the manufacturing hub of Africa because of cheap electricity and gas.

We will buy food from the north because we are businessmen, we will be rich and physically lazy to farm.

While we receive allocation from federal government from sale of oil, we also receive for oil export and electricity sales. With all this income youths will be paid for being idle.

We will also carry our product to the sea for export and pay a token for export to the federal government, while our funds are wired direct to our account.

I know your likes will be envious and do alaye and agbero work to get small change. We will settle you as we move our products to the federal government controlled seaport. That is if the pipes don't go directly to the sea.

savage. Served cool and calm

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by oooduancalmdown: 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
Yoruba people will be in charge of their ports.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by oooduancalmdown: 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
osile2012:

Na lie! Yoruba people will control their ports. Don't be jealous because una iboes no get access to sea. Yoruba people will build more seaports in Ogun ondo states
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by oooduancalmdown: 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
mekaboy:

Rich my ass. If that is the case, don't be bothered about who should own the seaport because the natives will. Yoruba people will control their own seaport.
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by mekaboy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Na lie! Yoruba people will control their ports. Don't be jealous because una iboes no get access to sea. Yoruba people will build more seaports in Ogun ondo states

Lol, there will also be yoruba customs service to collect import duties and container inspection. And yoruba navy to monitor the sea and protect the yoruba country from attacks and hijacking.

It will no longer be Nigerian ports authority NPA but yoruba ports authority YPA. grin
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by oooduancalmdown: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
mekaboy:

Lol, there will also be yoruba customs service to collect import duties and container inspection. And yoruba navy to monitor the sea and protect the yoruba country from attacks and hijacking.

Yes oo
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by ihitenansa: 12:10am On Jan 27, 2018
mekaboy:

i can see u want a dead or dying afonja on ur hands ds early monin abi? cheesy
Re: Restructuring: Who Will Be In Charge Of The Seaport? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 27, 2018
All territorial waters and sea ports in every nation are controlled by their respective federal governments. I don't see the FGN handover Appapa ports to the LASG

(1) (Reply)

Gov, Senators, Reps Plot To Dump APC / Bayelsa Is Ready For Investment As Beipl Signs Mou With Calvert Energy Group... / APC Reacts To Bauchi Deputy Governor’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.