Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

**how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** (525 Views)

BREAKING!! See how God has helped Nigeria (PHOTO) / How The US Is Plotting To Destroy Nigeria - Lai Muhammed / Obasanjo Has More To Tell The World, His Plans To Destroy Nigeria — Coalition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by pinkcottoncandy: 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2018
Today, Nigerians are quick to

blame Buhari,

Blame Jonathan,

Blame corruption

Blame tribalism....etc

I have not heard anyone blaming Nollywood for destroying the psyche of Nigerians. When I was growing up, although cultism and juju were there, they were very rare and very discreet.

Since LIVING IN BOUNDAGE....until today, 90% of Nollywood movies can start innocently and before you know a good storyline that has no business with juju, all of a sudden you will find someone in babalawo doing juju to kill someone.

Now dont forget a lot of Nigerians are illitrates hence they are easily brainwashed to think that the only way out to the problems they are facing is to go to babalawo too because this is what they saw in the movies.

So today it has become customary to see a woman or man or youth step out of a church straight into the native doctors shrine.

Young people no longer want to work hard because they watched in homevideo where they used a girl's pant and blood to make money

Your neighbours take your cloth you hung on the rope to babalawo to do you juju because you are progressing more than them or because you bought a car.

Kidnapping a human being, collecting ransom and then killing the person and selling their skull for 10k is now seen as normal

THE WORD EMPATHY IS NON EXISTENT IN THE SOCIETY
NO VALUE FOR HUMAN LIFE
NO MORALS

NOLLYWOOD HAS SINGLE HANDEDLY DISTROYED THE MORALS OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY

I think it is time for the government to start regulating the rubbish storylines Nollywood churns out to the liiltrate society otherwise in the next 20 years, this country will not be salvageable

And all these nollywood yeyebrities should speak up and take responsibility for the nonsense they act and help save our country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by Lorechino(m): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
we the people

1 Like

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by Easy5265: 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
Fp worthy

2 Likes

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by onemmanuel(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
I belong to comment readers association of nigeria (craon)our duty is to read,hit like,smile and pass. we no dey find trouble oo. Lol.. And pls try and be vry brief with ur comments so we can move quickly to the next comments thank u, also if you are a member of this association, # hitlikeandpass # no find trouble oo.

2 Likes

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by GavelSlam: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
Never was a fan.

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by GavelSlam: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
Life imitating art but is it truly art?

1 Like

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by fellowman: 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nollywood has been brainwash the people from day one.

Nollywood condones insulting of parents, just check it out. girl children are always insulting their parents in Nollywood.

nowadays I can't watch Nollywood with kids any longer due to the clothes they wear and the seduction method.

3 Likes

Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by dodelight(m): 3:17am On Jan 27, 2018
Oh my! Most especially the Yoruba movies. If they've not scream (howbeit unnecessarily) or rain curses, insults and abuses, they don't believe that scene is action-filled enough.
And their poor arrangements of storylines which to them is 'suspense'.
I once had a relationship with a childhood friend who loves Yoruba movies. Truth is it was a serious work to change her orientation. Thank God she eventually broke up with me.
Re: **how Nollywood Has Helped Destroy Nigeria** by dodelight(m): 3:23am On Jan 27, 2018
onemmanuel:
I belong to comment readers association of nigeria
(craon)our duty is to read,hit like,smile and pass. we no dey
find trouble oo. Lol.. And pls try and be vry brief with ur
comments so we can move quickly to the next comments
thank u, also if you are a member of this association,
# hitlikeandpass # no find trouble oo.
I'm not actually a member of your association but I hit like cause you made me laugh. *wink*

(1) (Reply)

Coalition For Nigeria:‎ What Obasanjo Said During Registration [full Statement] / Role Of Youths In Nation Building, The Atikulated Perspective / If Herbivores Feed On Plant,animals That Fed On Money(n36m) Is What?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.