Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System (3369 Views)

This Front Loader Garbage Truck Has An Exciting Way Of Carrying Waste Container / SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2018
deadline to vehicle delivery in 2hours, already replaced evaporator, all that is left is vacuum system, add a little oil and recharge.

Next thing my 3year old vacuum pump dies out on me cry rip pump.

What I did next.........

Intake side of engine pulls in air into the combustion chamber, the brake servo uses part of this vacuum to increase efficiency on when brake pedal is depressed.

This gave me an idea.

I connected the vacuum line to the servo vacuum pipe, started the car and it worked!!!! -9psi of vacuum at idle.

I hope this helps a DIY person.

3 Likes

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Inception(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
wow.

I never thought of this. This is genius.

I think you are the first person in the world to come up with this idea.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Piyke: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2018
Wow. Quick thinking there.

However, I doubt if -9psi will draw out all the air/moisture and deliver 28 -29 inchesHg of vacuum.

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by HUSTLEOFMAN: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
How i look at dealers when they say 'vehicle is in perfect working condition' knowing its a lie and I'll call oga gazuzz to come and inspect it

Oga you're a genius for coming up with this DIY

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 28, 2018
This is brilliant
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2018
Piyke:
Wow. Quick thinking there.

However, I doubt if -9psi will draw out all the air/moisture and deliver 28 -29 inchesHg of vacuum.

@ idle sir, you can imagine what happens when we pump up the volume wink

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Piyke: 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

@ idle sir, you can imagine what happens when we pump up the volume wink

Choi!
That's true o. I hail this innovation especially for people who don't have a vacuum pump.

Modified

Abeg my Oga can you explain the pumping up volume? I thought engine vacuum reduces with RPM?

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Inception(m): 4:55am On Jan 29, 2018
Piyke:

Choi!
That's true o. I hail this innovation especially for people who don't have a vacuum pump.

Modified

Abeg my Oga can you explain the pumping up volume? I thought engine vacuum reduces with RPM?

On the contrary sir. Vacuum increases with increase in engine speed.

2 Likes

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by autologic: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2018
Inception:

On the contrary sir. Vacuum increases with increase in engine speed.
More vacuum is less air intake ,vacuum is opposite of positive pressure . vacuum decreases with increase in engine speed .
Highest vacuum is gotten at engine deceleration,higher vacuum at idle and lowest at WOT(wide open throttle).

5 Likes

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Inception(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2018
autologic:

More vacuum is less air intake ,vacuum is opposite of positive pressure . vacuum decreases with increase in engine speed .
Highest vacuum is gotten at engine deceleration,higher vacuum at idle and lowest at WOT(wide open throttle).

Yes. i agree with you. Highest vacuum can be gotten only at engine idle when throttle is closed or slightly open.
my previous post is in error.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by payne4real(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
Boss, my Toyota corolla 2008 car AC is not blowing cold air. i took it to a car AC repairer for gas topping he said the compressor is bad that i'll need to change it for 35,000 and that he will change it to a manual compressor instead of the automatic compressor that came with the car. BOSS i need your advice , i dont have that kind of money right now. what should i do?

GAZZUZZ:
deadline to vehicle delivery in 2hours, already replaced evaporator, all that is left is vacuum system, add a little oil and recharge.

Next thing my 3year old vacuum pump dies out on me cry rip pump.

What I did next.........

Intake side of engine pulls in air into the combustion chamber, the brake servo uses part of this vacuum to increase efficiency on when brake pedal is depressed.

This gave me an idea.

I connected the vacuum line to the servo vacuum pipe, started the car and it worked!!!! -9psi of vacuum at idle.

I hope this helps a DIY person.

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by dcole73: 9:08am On Feb 14, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz, my kind of engineer.
Thinking outside the box, but inside the engine.
Abeg, give me address. I need to know your garage.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by dcole73: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2018
I have a Nissan pathfinder V6 engine that needs some work.
The baba driving filled the radiator, ( hoping to travel).
While on the journey, vehicle began overheating. Baba stopped and opened the bonnet, then discovered he forgot to cover the radiator. After waiting for some time for engine to cool, he refills with bag of pure water. Journey continued but vehicle couldn't move as fast and needed regular radiator refilling. Suspecting gasket damage, he decided to return home and visit the mechanic.
Mechanic opened up engine to work and resealed after work but had problems with timing setting.

That's the story as I know it so far.
I told Baba that Gazzuzz would do a better job, checking that the engine was done right (or not) and fixing any issues.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by luvinhubby(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2018
dcole73:
I have a Nissan pathfinder V6 engine that needs some work.
The baba driving filled the radiator, ( hoping to travel).
While on the journey, vehicle began overheating. Baba stopped and opened the bonnet, then discovered he forgot to cover the radiator. After waiting for some time for engine to cool, he refills with bag of pure water. Journey continued but vehicle couldn't move as fast and needed regular radiator refilling. Suspecting gasket damage, he decided to return home and visit the mechanic.
Mechanic opened up engine to work and resealed after work but had problems with timing setting.

That's the story as I know it so far.
I told Baba that Gazzuzz would do a better job, checking that the engine was done right (or not) and fixing any issues.

Retire the baba and get a younger driver, imagine losing an engine just because baba forgot to cover radiator, old age comes with it's own baggage, ask uncle Buhari cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Macmilla(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
luvinhubby:

Retire the baba and get a younger driver, imagine losing an engine just because baba forgot to cover radiator, old age comes with it's own baggage, ask uncle Buhari cheesy
Calm down, bro. Happened to me once. I left the cover on top of the engine, entered the car, started and sped off. I heard a sound of the radiator cap falling off under the engine, but as long as the car didn't give any sign of problems, I continued firing till I saw water splashing out of the bonnet and I was like.... Yekpa!. I had to tie the radiator with satchel water nylon and managed it to my destination after so much frustration.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by dcole73: 8:10am On Mar 01, 2018
luvinhubby:

Actually, baba is my father, not the driver.
cheesy cheesy
He traveled with his pathfinder and had that problem on the way back.

That is why I said "STORY AS I KNOW IT SO FAR ".
And yes, truly, baba don dey old.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by weyreypey: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mosbus come and clarify matters here
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by mosbus: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2018
weyreypey:
Mosbus come and clarify matters here
what is the issue you want me to clarify.my ears are open.
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by weyreypey: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2018
mosbus:
what is the issue you want me to clarify.my ears are open.
The magic done by Gazz,uzz
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by mosbus: 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
weyreypey:

The magic done by Gazz,uzz
Hmmmm
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by weyreypey: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
mosbus:

Hmmmm
?
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by Cliche24: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
@mosbus I have a Volvo XC 90 2004, Need help with the Air AC unit. Was directed to you on NL. How do i get in contact?
Re: Unconventional Way Of Vacuuming Your A.c System by mosbus: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2018
Cliche24:
@mosbus I have a Volvo XC 90 2004, Need help with the Air AC unit. Was directed to you on NL. How do i get in contact?
Here is my contact 08026941215,you can also chat me up on WhatsApp.

(1) (Reply)

20 Cars To Avoid Like The Plague! / Help, This Engine Light Has Been Showing On My Car (pic) / What Is The Difference Between These Number Plates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.