Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively (9091 Views)

Top 10 Countries In Africa That Manufacture Cars And Their Make / Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k / Valeo Unveils Camera Tech That Allows Drivers To See The Back Of Their Trailers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by Automotive1(m): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2018

Spanish car manufacturer SEAT(owned by Volkswagen Group) has released some helpful tips on how to make a car's air-conditioning system work effectively.

According to its research, around two-thirds or ~67 percent of drivers are not aware that driving in higher temperatures and dehydrated can cause tiredness, dizziness, headaches and reduced reaction times.

The following tips will help make your car's air-conditioning system work effectively as well as reduce cabin temperatures before setting off and while driving.

1)The first thing to do when you enter a car on a sunny day is to open your door and lower the windows for a minute or two to allow fresh air to come in.

Shutting the doors and turning the A/C on to maximum immediately will only recirculate the hot air. Driving while too hot and dehydrated has the same effect as being under the influence of alcohol.

2)Your car maintenance should not be limited to only changing oil, tyres or brake fluids. Changing the cabin air filters every 10,000 to 15,000 miles (16,000 to 24,000 kilometers) will also make your A/C work effectively.

3)
Pointing the air jets upward is better than directing it towards you or the passengers as it allows the cool air spread around more effectively.

4)
Using the Auto option instead of keeping the A.C on all the time prevents fogging and reduced visibility, while keeping drivers and passengers cool.

5) Use the AC on cool mornings as well to prevent windows from fogging up when the outside temperature rises.

Have you been making these common air-conditioning mistakes in your car? 

https://autojosh.com/seat-wants-you-to-follow-these-tips-so-as-to-make-your-cars-a-c-work-effectively/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by CarGuideNG: 4:59am On Aug 21, 2018

4 Likes

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by Pabloosas(m): 7:27am On Aug 21, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by NigerianBae: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2018
Great tips, I already do some....

Check my signature for business

1 Like

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by bobnatlo(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2018
Waoo!

Good one!!

1 Like

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by computerglobal(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2018
cool
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by Kposkila: 7:34am On Aug 21, 2018
Nice tips

2 Likes

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by CrazyGooner(m): 7:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Nice one. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by dayleke: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Nice one especiallyy the illustrations.

2 Likes

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by Klamour: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2018
My AC has been performing below standard and I felt it's gas or compressor, until I visited one experienced technician. After thorough check, he simply said I should change the air filter. I couldn't believe it, cause I never envisaged that the air filter will need change unless it's damaged. Was anticipating taking the filter to a vulcaniser to blow out the dirt.

I changed the filter and my AC started freezing. Was damn HAPPY.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by wilsonm(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2018
okay
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by babalonimi: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2018
My problem s removing camry 2002 filter required removing entire dashboard. The design s awkward. Pls wat can I do without removing d dashboard cos my Ac s performing below standard? Experts pls
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by Roon9(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2018
I no get moto.....yet
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by cescky(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2018
My Ac na serious harmattan.. grin

Great tips though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by vioment: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2018
For organized research it is still true that nigeria is above a hundred and fifty in ranking. Good one from the spanish.

1 Like

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by thonyokun(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2018
babalonimi:
My problem s removing camry 2002 filter required removing entire dashboard. The design s awkward. Pls wat can I do without removing d dashboard cos my Ac s performing below standard? Experts pls
You don't need to remove the dashboard bro, the air filter is directly under the safe/glove compartment. Get an expert to remove it, its quite simple.

1 Like

Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by weyreypey: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2018
grin my kazeem poured 240ml oil into my compressor instead of 120ml... Compressor starts and stops intermittently no cooling.... Kazeem claims compressor is bad...that I needed a new compressor...my mind just flashed to radautoworks... Price list... New Mercedes Benz compressor agbedo...eeewooo.... So I followed up with Mosbus... Right now no AC but purse still gara dia like that ...

Cc
Heavenlybang mrbigiman
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
weyreypey:
grin my kazeem poured 240ml oil into my compressor instead of 120ml... Compressor starts and stops intermittently no cooling.... Kazeem claims compressor is bad...that I needed a new compressor...my mind just flashed to radautoworks... Price list... New Mercedes Benz compressor agbedo...eeewooo.... So I followed up with Mosbus... Right now no AC but purse still gara dia like that ...

Cc
Heavenlybang mrbigiman

Imagine driving without AC. Torture. angry
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by weyreypey: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Imagine driving without AC. Torture. angry
It's evil
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by radautoworks: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Klamour:
My AC has been performing below standard and I felt it's gas or compressor, until I visited one experienced technician. After thorough check, he simply said I should change the air filter. I couldn't believe it, cause I never envisaged that the air filter will need change unless it's damaged. Was anticipating taking the filter to a vulcaniser to blow out the dirt.

I changed the filter and my AC started freezing. Was damn HAPPY.

Yes, that's one of the things we recommend to most customers when they come for oil changes because they've never changed them. Some people think we're just trying to sell them something when we do.
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by radautoworks: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
weyreypey:

Cc
Heavenlybang mrbigiman

Pele lol
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by radautoworks: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
weyreypey:

Cc
Heavenlybang mrbigiman

Pele lol. No be my fault. Na market.
Re: SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively by LupusMinor(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
babalonimi:

Poster, please what 2002 Camry are we talking about?! Removing the cabin filter is child's play. All u need to do is open ur glove box and remove the screw holding the lowering arm of the glove box so u can detach it completely. And voila!!! U have access to ur filter. It is pretty simple and straightforward...

(1) (Reply)

Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together / Saudi Women Will Also Be Allowed To Drive Trucks & Motorbikes When Ban Is Lifted / Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.