Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo (1500 Views)

Lagos East By-Election: Tokunbo Abiru Nominated As Osinowo’s Replacement / Osinowo’s Death Caused By COVID-19? / Senator Adebayo Osinowo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo by Kosofepost(m): 11:55am On Jan 27, 2018
I AM BEING CALLED PEPPERITO BECAUSE MY EYES ARE ALWAYS RED -HON. ADEBAYO OSINOWO
written by Kosofe Post
January 27, 2018

Hon. Adebayo Osinowo, The 4th term lawmaker representing Kosofe Constituency I, in the Lagos state House of Assembly, in the “First of its kind interview and Photoshoot with 40 Legislators and the Clark l of the House” conducted by Ovation International for the 7th Lagos House of assembly in 2013 , unknown personality revealed.

The expository interview magazine was found and bought by Kosofepost sometimes ago around Ikeja from those vendors that sell old magazine.

It detailed the profile, education background, work and political experience, Family background, contributions of Pepper to Kosofe and Lagos state. Ditto other former and some current serving lawmakers in 8th assembly.

Historically, Before , During and after every general elections there as been strong allegations against Orator Pepper” as also know, by the opposition patties and the opposition within the APC.

His profile, education background, work and political experience, Family background, contributions of Pepper to Kosofe and Lagos state are always used as campaign tools.

And several debates independently organised by the Vanguard newspapers, individual and groups invitations were not honoured, Which further empowers his critics to go harder on him. Inspite of that, he always defeat his opponents within APC and outside the party.

Analysing and evaluating the content of the said interview revealed that some of the frequently asked questions in kosofe are well captured in the magazine sold for $12 but not affordable and accessible by the good people of kosofe he leads politically.

The information embedded in the interview prompt us to REPOST it for the digital compliance people of kosofe to know their representatives in Kosofe .

Below is the full details of the interview

ITS A PREVILEGE SERVING THE PEOPLE-HON. ADEBAYO OSINOWO

As a representatives of the people,its a previlege, since out of the 18million people in lagos, i was picked amogst 39 others.
The story of June 12 elections in Nigeria is incomplete without the inclusion of Hon. Adebayo Sikiru Osinowo along with the late Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Abiola, Hon. Osinowo paid the price for the insisting on June 12.

Born in the mid-50’s into the family of late Alhaji Rabiu Osinowo of Odo- Egbo in Ijebu Ode and Alhaja Moriamo Osinowo of Etitale, Ijebu-Ode.

A successful politician and contributor to our nascent democracy, Hon. Osinowo attended St. Augustine Primary School, Ijebu –Ode, Isoyin Grammar School, Isoyin , Ijebu-Ode. He worked briefly in Lagos with Ministry of Works, as land officer between 1977 and 1979 before travelling abroad for studies and he attended University of Perugia, Italy ; Instittuto per geometra Rome, Italy and Urbaniana Rome, Italy. He holds a Masters degree in communications.

Upon his return to Nigeria, he set up the Nigeria-Italian company(NITAL) and NIMCO Ltd. In 1986.

Hon. Osinowo started active politicking in the Second Republic as a prominent Youth Chairman of the ruling party, When Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Abiola was the state chairman. Hon. Osinowo was also member of defunct Social Demoncratic Party( SDP) in 1993 and he played a prominent role in the development and sucess of the party as well as the election of MKO Abiola that was later annulled. He participarted fully in actualization of June 12 mandate that to his dentention with M.K.O Abiola with other progressives through the late Sanni Abacha’s regime.

Upon return to demoncratic rule, he joined the Alliance for Democracy(AD) that metermorphosed into Action Congress( AC) later to Action Congress of Nigeria( ACN) and now All Progressives Congress, (APC).

Hon. Osinowo declared his intention to contest for the house of Assembly in 2003 and emerged the candidate of the AD. He contested and won the Kosofe constituency 1 seat in the Lagos State House of Assembly. He got reelected in 2007, 2011 and 2015.

Since 2003, he has been the chairman, house committee on Land and Housing.

He married to Alhaja Mariam Ayodele Osinowo, one of the daughters Of Alhaji Taofeek kehide from Esure Esugbon Quarters, ijebu Mushin and they are blessed with children, all Medical Doctors.

Hon. Osinowo is an islamic Scholar by divine intervention, Who has been contributing his quota to the development of the people. Among his Chieftaincy titles are; The Otunba Tayese Of Isheri –Oke, Lagos, The Otunba Mayegun of Imoru.

Sir, how would you describe the legislative assignment

It is one of the most cherished assignment for any politician, because a legislator is the closest politicians to his people and they trust him enough to represent them. The legislature is the only institution where you are free to talk aand also consult the Governor about the affairs of the people.

As a representative of the people, it is a previlege, since out of the 18million people in Lagos, i was picked amongst 39 others. The demerits are that, the people do not really understand what we do and think that we should be tarring their roads and building infrastructural facilicities, which which are preverve of the Executive.

What have been your contributions to the House Of Assembly

I have been in this house since 2003 and this is my third term(fouth term) in the house. I am sure that, My people and the party are satisfied with my contributions in the party, commununity and the state and that explains the fact that, i am spending my third term(fouth term) in the house.

Have you sponsored a motion or a Bill and how have they imparted on the people

Bills are always co-sponsored since no one person can singlehandedly move a Bill through the various stages before it eventually becomes a law. I have been the cchairman of land and hosuing for the past 11years(14years) and virtually all the Bills concerning land have been sponsored and passed through me. So, in truth, i have been involved in alot of Bills. We just passed a Bill to consolidate all laws that the issue of land in the state we intend merging all the laws. Some of these laws are oudated and we trying to curb the activities of land grabbers.

By special grace Of God,I have been the cchairman of land and hosuing for the past 11years(14years) and that shows that i am a good legislator and if this was another field, i would have been offered different PhD Degrees. I enjoy it because we are impacting and sensitizing the people on the value of land. We are lucky in Lagos state that our governors are purposeful and strategic. When we generated 600million Naira during Marwa’s regime, we all celebrated. But when Ashiwaju Tinubu used his professional expertise as an Accountant to block leakages in many sectors and sanitized the sectors, we started geenerating between 2 and 6 billion Naira . As a matter of fact, Gov. Babatunde Fashola improved it to 25Billion naira. Now, we generate atleast 25Billion naira. I believe that, We have had marvelous and examplary leaders in lagos and our governors have always had keen isense of acountability and they know exactly how to use the funds made available to them.

Lagos State has been the yardstick for governance in Nigeria. How has the House of Assembly impacted of good governance in the state

There is no state in Nigeria that has not learnt from our House because we are number One. It is not that we are more brilliant than others, but we have set a yardstick that can not be easily surpased.

Do you believe that the legislative arm of government has been given its due recognition for the sucess story of Gov. Babatunde Fasholas administration

This House is a very autonomous House and the Governor does not dabble into our affairs. The Governor is opend minded and understands the rule of the game, after all he is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. If we say that we are not passing a Bill, then we are not and he will understand as beacause he is a lawyer, We can reduce or increase the Budget of the state as stipulated by the rules of the House in line with constitution of the Country. We must thank god for that, So far, So good, the rapport has been good.

You conduct plenary session of the House In Yoruba Language on Thursdays, has this helped anyway

I think others are even trying to emulate us. I am aware some states in East and North want to toe the line. We have gained alot from it and understand us since most of them are indigenes and they will like their dialets which will be more explanary. Moreover, representation is not for the rich and literates only. It goes beyoung just communication; it also shows we love our culture beacuse we always adorn our traditional outfits on Thursdays. The only way you can explain better during sessions is through your language. If you look at the countries that Formed the G8 forum,you would observe that speak their languages in inspite of their proximity to britain And America. Yet, We are the one championing English language and we very distant to them. I like the idea tha other states want to speak their indigenous language in oe od the days set aside for legislation.

How would you rate the leadership of Hon. Adeyemi Kuforiji

There is no single law that says that you must write an exam to become a speaker and the law states that we should pick one among us to be Mr. Speaker. If he is not good enough he wont be there till now. If he is not capable, he would not have led us for so long. He is a man of honour and integrity. He has invested heavily in improving our intellect with seminars and lectures and even if you had come here as an illiterate, you would habe become very learned by your second term.

Tell us about your self

I schooled in Italy and attended Instituto Camile. I started politics in 1979 during time of Unity Party of Nigeria and National Party of Nigeria but later, the millitary struck. Democracy returned in 1999 and i contest for the house election and won. At the moment, i represent the good people of Kosofe Constituency I, in the Lagos State House Of Assembly. I fought for democracy in this country and i was imprisoned and condemned to death but by the grace of God, Gen. Sanni Abacha Died. We have suffered alot for Democracy and those who lost their lives then did not die in vain beacause democracy is growing in leaps and bounds in Nigeria.

Tell us about your family

I am married to Mrs. Ayodele Osinowo and we are blessed with three childrens namely, Dr.Taiwo Bakare, Dr. Kehinde Adebisi and Babatunde Osinowo. They chose medicine for themselves and i thank God for their lives.

How did you come about your sobriquent, ‘Pepperito’

https://kosofepost.com/2018/01/27/i-am-being-called-pepperito-because-my-eyes-are-always-red-hon-adebayo-osinowo/

Re: I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo by Thegeneralqueen(f): 11:56am On Jan 27, 2018
Where are the red eyes undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo by Kosofepost(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Where are the red eyes undecided

You have to do close examination for THAT
Re: I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo by Thegeneralqueen(f): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2018
Kosofepost:

You have to do close examination for THAT
Don't lemme show you my red eyes undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Called Pepperito Because My Eyes Are Always Red -hon. Adebayo Osinowo by Kosofepost(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Oyah bring it on....lolz

(1) (Reply)

According To The World Bank, Nigeria Has The 2nd Highest Income Gap / Must Read,ncee Cut-off Mark For Each State / What Is This Arabic Sign Doing On Our Bank Notes And Coat Of Arms (pic)? Rubbish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.