Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (18333 Views)

Why Faith Is An Unreliable Way Of Determining Truth / Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Penalty82(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
otijah:
The pastor was quick to answer that question.

I asked my pastor why did God never gave his people signs that the devil was about to strike his church in calabar that led to many deaths of his children

I asked my pastor why were the survivors thanking and praising the same God that let others die. Is it that those ones are the devils themselves

Till date my pastor is still confused

And if u not ready to give me a befitting answer why God let such tragedy struck in his house then don't qoute me pls

What makes you think that God didn't in any way give them signs concerning the collapsed church?. It is one thing for God to give you signs of danger and another thing for you to recognise such signs and avoid the danger.

Your number 2 question is so dumb. As a christian, death is inevitable and we can die at any place or time. And the living will continue thanking God till their own time of death.
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Redhot111(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
otijah:

I asked my pastor why did God never gave his people signs that the devil was about to strike his church in calabar that led to many deaths of his children

I asked my pastor why were the survivors thanking and praising the same God that let others die. Is it that those ones are the devils themselves

And if u not ready to give me a befitting answer why God let such tragedy struck in his house then don't qoute me pls

OK, I quote u. Wat will you do?
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
sixtus3606:

wow! I love this!!

I didn't go to church today for so many reasons. But this very article has actually propelled me to have every reason to be in church and focus on the gospel of Christ Jesus every now and then.

Hallelujah!!!
grace of God abides in us

1 Like

Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
deebrownneymar:

@OP I see your point but you shouldn't have used a childish excuse for the church member. Unless the person is not up to 15 years old.
inspiration comes from God
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by dasparrow: 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
gmoney12:
emancipate yourselves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind...Bob Nesta Marley

that's all I can say to this post

What has emancipating yourself from mental slavery got to do with worshiping your creator? You better be conscious of eternity because there is no chance of repentance after the grave. Heaven and Hell is real. Take it or leave it.

You ought to be telling self hating, inferiority complex stricken Nigerians who worship melanin-deficient people from europe, america and beyond to emancipate themselves from mental slavery and not people who are genuinely seeking to worship the I AM that I AM.

I personally will not stop worshiping and serving Jehovah. He is really all I have. Without Him in my life, I cannot live. I will continue to worship Him because Jehovah is ever faithful.
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
ajokebelle:
I really needed this.
Thanks O.p
thanks too,u inspire me
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
press005:
wow, i love this post.......very concise and straight to the point.....well done OP...HAPPY SUNDAY.
thanks sir,u inspired me

1 Like

Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
michlins:
I don't to join issues with barbaric person who resorts to insults instead of having a civil discussion
pls dont
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
Josephamstrong1:
I'm blessed with this today.
Heb 12:2
Amen me too
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
CandidSeeker:

He made the message available to millions on NL who are not in your group.
an article was written on. A plartform many read read it but many don't know who actually wrote it. I wrote this and anywhre else you see it was copied and pasted by another.
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by millionboi2: 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
REMMEI:
So we should all take a glass of water and be walking around the church now?
Nop ...but get a business and mind it.

1 Like

Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by sunnyeinstein(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
classicalbenson:
rubbish,it's like saying I should focus on my book while my rommie is watching hentai animations

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy badt guy... Chai grin grin grin
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Tohzara(m): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
otijah:

It's because:

1) God does not exist

2) There's no one out there who cares about us

3) WE ARE ON OUR OWN

4) The Universe is cold and indifferent

Mind you, I'm not a pastor, just a human being with COMMON SENSE.

And you need to stop asking your pastor those questions, because:

Whatever a theologian regards as true must be false: there you have almost a criterion of truth.

NIETZSCHE
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
Tohzara:
It's because:

1) God does not exist

2) There's no one out there who cares about us

3) WE ARE ON OUR OWN

4) The Universe is cold and indifferent

Mind you, I'm not a pastor, just a human being with COMMON SENSE.

And you need to stop asking your pastor those questions, because:

Whatever a theologian regards as true must be false: there you have almost a criterion of truth.

NIETZSCHE

say no more "we know you"
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Tohzara(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
IjeleNwa:
say no more "we know you"
Hehehe. Who are the "We", and what do "They" know?
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by tellmemore15: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
Netanyahu1:
They will never listen, always looking for proverbs to justify slavery.

Even Bob Marley himselve believes in God
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by kachi19: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
otijah:

Even the native doctors don't stay in their house and see things. like one close to my house here 24/7 she always doing one activity or another, always fasting and locking herself indoors and doing her stuff to grow spiritually and satisfy their clients, yiu hardly see a fat witch doctor. In same sense people only want or need when they have problems or only on sundays they seek or worship God. You don't just expect God to send an Angel down when the heart of the majority is far from him or the church is not a "standard christ church" if u understand me. However death must always come. If God keep saving everyone because he or she is a christian. We would suffocated on this earth... i don't mean like it's a good thing they died but things like this won't happen in a church in the 1980s
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by MistadeRegal(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
otijah:

Your Pastor should have asked you to open to the book of John 16:1-4.
I quote.
1. These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4. But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
Re: Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2018
tellmemore15:

Even Bob Marley himselve believes in God
He's a Rastafarian. Him and Christianity no join.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / The African Origin Of Is-ra-el

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.