Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,758 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Faith Is Delusional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Faith Is Delusional (10364 Views)

Why Faith Is An Unreliable Way Of Determining Truth / See Why Faith Healers Can't Be Employed By Hospitals / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Faith Is Delusional by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
Although the meaning of faith has been bitterly debated, and the people who succumb are fanatical in their deference, faith, when examined, when it is chased from the camouflage of scripture and ritual, is an apparition, a deceit upon which the façade of religion is constructed.

“Hawaii is moving toward Japan,” “Jesus rose from the dead,” “The solar system formed 4.6 billion years ago,” “Mohammed flew on the back of a flying horse.” These are all truth claims and while none of them can be absolutely certain they differ in their credibility.

Empirical knowledge is obtained through observation and is fundamentally verifiable and falsifiable. Evolution—the predominant anathema for the faithful—is verifiable. It can be observed in the selective breeding that has been used since prehistory to produce new varieties of plants and animals. The cultivation of new species was practised by the Romans and was established as a scientific practice during the British Agricultural Revolution in the 18th century
1. Evolution can be observed in the laboratory. Radiation of the fruit fly has produced more than 200 different populations. Scientists have even selected them “backwards” by returning them to the original ancestral environment

2.Evolution is falsifiable. If homo sapien remains were discovered and dated to the Precambrian era, approximately 530 million years before the first emergence of mammals, the theory of evolution would be eviscerated. Belief in empirical knowledge can be disambiguated as trust.

3. To trust is to believe based on evidence that is both verifiable and falsifiable. We trust in evolution.

Faith is relied upon when evidence is lacking but we want to believe something anyway. To have faith is to assert knowledge of something without reliable evidence and to even continue that assertion in the face of refutation. The proposition “I have faith in God,” does not contain the proposition “Maybe God exists,” or even that “I hope God exists,” it is the claim that “I know God exists.” It is a knowledge claim that cannot be justified by empirical evidence.

4. It is a self-deception and the self-justification of a desire for something to be true.

It is impossible to determine the veracity of so many multifarious and contradictory faith claims.

5. Christians believe that salvation is obtained through Jesus. Muslims believe that it is through adherence to the five pillars of Islam. While these beliefs can both be false, they cannot both be true. Muslims can not enter Paradise without accepting Christ as their saviour and Christians are doomed to perdition without total submission to Allah.

6.There is no way of ascertaining the veracity of any faith based claim. A Christian's faith in Jesus is no more or less valid than a Muslim's faith in Allah, a Hindu's faith in Vishnu, or a psychiatric patient's faith in the flying spaghetti monster. The Christian and the Muslim, the faithful and the insane, all have unwavering faith in something that cannot be substantiated or refuted.

Belief that there is no God is refutable. While the medicated denizens of psychiatric institutions demonstrate the unreliability of subjective claims to divine knowledge, if God, being omnipotent and therefore presumably a polyglot, were to commune with the entire population, to all the inhabitants of Earth, existential scepticism would be expelled.

If human remains were substantiated to be Jesus of Nazareth thereby disproving the ascension of Christ, would Christians relinquish their belief in his divinity? If a parchment were discovered documenting Mohammed's renouncement of all divine inspiration, if he had admitted to being a charlatan, would Muslims apostatise?

Some may renounce their beliefs, but those more profoundly entrenched within their tradition would not. There would be no evidence, however well attested, that they would accept. Their faith is beyond doubt and beyond evidence. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines this type of certainty and incorrigibility as a delusion

7. Holding a belief as incontestable is to be delusional. It is only the prevalence of that dissimulation that keeps the men in white coats from their door.

However, the pervasiveness of a belief has no relation to its truthfulness. It was once believed, perhaps by the entire population, that the world was flat, that the sun orbited the Earth and that sickness was caused by an imbalance in the four humors. The preponderance of those beliefs, or any belief, has no relation to its veracity.

Using faith in other aspects of life is incredulous, it is unsound and just plain inadvisable. I would be terrified if, without inspecting my car, a mechanic informed me that my brakes were operational because he had faith—he felt it in his heart—that my brakes were functional.

It does not matter which prophet we follow or which book we revere. It does not matter how much faith we can muster. All faith traditions coalesce into one panoptic delusion. It does not matter which celestial door we knock upon or in what manner or how many times. It does not matter how often we pray, or in what direction, there will always be someone else praying to an alternate God with the same solemnity, with the same certainty, and with the same faith. Whether religious or secular, faith cannot be defended with rationality, and is therefore promulgated through propaganda, ostracism, and ultimately violence.

Crisis of faith, or doubt, is not a Divine test. It is rationality ascending like a phoenix from the ashes of an indoctrinated mind. Faith is a vitriol to knowledge and understanding. It is claiming something we don't and can't know, it is insidious and unreliable. It is a delusion, an epistemological conjuring trick, an investiture of truth which can be, and often is, applied to any puerile absurdity imaginable. Faith is an asylum for the gullible, the obsequious and the unthinking. It is a refuge for fools.

By Neil's Brown, Atheistrepublic.com

Cc:Hahn,dantedasz,jesusjnr,solite3,vic2ree,joseph1013, lordreed, CAPSLOCKED, Martinez39, MJBOLT,hakeem4,dandeeboss, muttleylaff, johnydon22, OLAADEGBU,frosbel2, plaetton, happypagan

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by malvisguy212: 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
The faith Jesus had was not an absence of knowledge, but was based upon an intimate
knowledge of his Father. We too can gain
knowledge to make our faith richer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by CAPSLOCKED: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
malvisguy212:
The faith Jesus had was not an absence of knowledge, but was based upon an intimate
knowledge of his Father. We too can gain
knowledge to make our faith richer.

HIS FAITH FAILED HIM WHEN HE EXPECTED A FIG TREE TO GIVE HIM FOOD DURING AN OFF-SEASON.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by malvisguy212: 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

HIS FAITH FAILED HIM WHEN HE EXPECTED A FIG TREE TO GIVE HIM FOOD DURING AN OFF-SEASON.
actually His Faith is genuinely proven. He curse the fig tree and in TWO days later the tree dried up. indeed His Faith was proven. thank for bringing this up here.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
6.There is no way of ascertaining the veracity of any faith based claim.
This is not true! Neither is a lot more written there, but this is definitely a lie. I, buda, have faith that I will post on here tomorrow, Wednesday, and that no one here will die.

We shall ascertain the veracity of my faith based claim tomorrow when you obtain fundamentally verifiable observable "empirical knowledge" of mine and everyone else's presence here, for I forbid anyone's falsification!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by CAPSLOCKED: 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2019
malvisguy212:
actually His Faith is genuinely proven. He curse the fig tree and in TWO days later the tree dried up. indeed His Faith was proven. thank for bringing this up here.

IS IT NOT A THING OF SHAME THAT YOUR ALMIGHTY JESUS, ONLY SON OF AN ALMIGHTY GOD, WAS SO HUNGRY AND FRUSTRATED THAT HE HAD TO "CURSE" AN INNOCENT TREE CREATED BY HIS FATHER, FOR NOT HAVING FRIUT EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T FRUITING SEASON?

IS THIS A SIGN OF GOOD LEADERSHIP? IS SUCH A CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY WORTHY TO BE EMULATED?

WHAT JESUS DID IS EQUAL TO CURSING A WOMAN TO DIE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO GET PREGNANT DURING HER PERIOD.
WHAT AN ABNORMAL GUY. IF HE HAD THE CHANCE HE WOULD HAVE CURSED THE SUN FOR REFUSING TO SHINE AT NIGHT.

GOOD THING HIS MATES IN GOLGOTHA PUT HIM AWAY ONCE AND FOR ALL. GOOD RIDDANCE.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Dantedasz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Michellekabod2:
Although the meaning of faith has been bitterly debated, and the people who succumb are fanatical in their deference, faith, when examined, when it is chased from the camouflage of scripture and ritual, is an apparition, a deceit upon which the façade of religion is constructed.

“Hawaii is moving toward Japan,” “Jesus rose from the dead,” “The solar system formed 4.6 billion years ago,” “Mohammed flew on the back of a flying horse.” These are all truth claims and while none of them can be absolutely certain they differ in their credibility.

Empirical knowledge is obtained through observation and is fundamentally verifiable and falsifiable. Evolution—the predominant anathema for the faithful—is verifiable. It can be observed in the selective breeding that has been used since prehistory to produce new varieties of plants and animals. The cultivation of new species was practised by the Romans and was established as a scientific practice during the British Agricultural Revolution in the 18th century
1. Evolution can be observed in the laboratory. Radiation of the fruit fly has produced more than 200 different populations. Scientists have even selected them “backwards” by returning them to the original ancestral environment

2.Evolution is falsifiable. If homo sapien remains were discovered and dated to the Precambrian era, approximately 530 million years before the first emergence of mammals, the theory of evolution would be eviscerated. Belief in empirical knowledge can be disambiguated as trust.

3. To trust is to believe based on evidence that is both verifiable and falsifiable. We trust in evolution.

Faith is relied upon when evidence is lacking but we want to believe something anyway. To have faith is to assert knowledge of something without reliable evidence and to even continue that assertion in the face of refutation. The proposition “I have faith in God,” does not contain the proposition “Maybe God exists,” or even that “I hope God exists,” it is the claim that “I know God exists.” It is a knowledge claim that cannot be justified by empirical evidence.

4. It is a self-deception and the self-justification of a desire for something to be true.

It is impossible to determine the veracity of so many multifarious and contradictory faith claims.

5. Christians believe that salvation is obtained through Jesus. Muslims believe that it is through adherence to the five pillars of Islam. While these beliefs can both be false, they cannot both be true. Muslims can not enter Paradise without accepting Christ as their saviour and Christians are doomed to perdition without total submission to Allah.

6.There is no way of ascertaining the veracity of any faith based claim. A Christian's faith in Jesus is no more or less valid than a Muslim's faith in Allah, a Hindu's faith in Vishnu, or a psychiatric patient's faith in the flying spaghetti monster. The Christian and the Muslim, the faithful and the insane, all have unwavering faith in something that cannot be substantiated or refuted.

Belief that there is no God is refutable. While the medicated denizens of psychiatric institutions demonstrate the unreliability of subjective claims to divine knowledge, if God, being omnipotent and therefore presumably a polyglot, were to commune with the entire population, to all the inhabitants of Earth, existential scepticism would be expelled.

If human remains were substantiated to be Jesus of Nazareth thereby disproving the ascension of Christ, would Christians relinquish their belief in his divinity? If a parchment were discovered documenting Mohammed's renouncement of all divine inspiration, if he had admitted to being a charlatan, would Muslims apostatise?

Some may renounce their beliefs, but those more profoundly entrenched within their tradition would not. There would be no evidence, however well attested, that they would accept. Their faith is beyond doubt and beyond evidence. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines this type of certainty and incorrigibility as a delusion

7. Holding a belief as incontestable is to be delusional. It is only the prevalence of that dissimulation that keeps the men in white coats from their door.

However, the pervasiveness of a belief has no relation to its truthfulness. It was once believed, perhaps by the entire population, that the world was flat, that the sun orbited the Earth and that sickness was caused by an imbalance in the four humors. The preponderance of those beliefs, or any belief, has no relation to its veracity.

Using faith in other aspects of life is incredulous, it is unsound and just plain inadvisable. I would be terrified if, without inspecting my car, a mechanic informed me that my brakes were operational because he had faith—he felt it in his heart—that my brakes were functional.

It does not matter which prophet we follow or which book we revere. It does not matter how much faith we can muster. All faith traditions coalesce into one panoptic delusion. It does not matter which celestial door we knock upon or in what manner or how many times. It does not matter how often we pray, or in what direction, there will always be someone else praying to an alternate God with the same solemnity, with the same certainty, and with the same faith. Whether religious or secular, faith cannot be defended with rationality, and is therefore promulgated through propaganda, ostracism, and ultimately violence.

Crisis of faith, or doubt, is not a Divine test. It is rationality ascending like a phoenix from the ashes of an indoctrinated mind. Faith is a vitriol to knowledge and understanding. It is claiming something we don't and can't know, it is insidious and unreliable. It is a delusion, an epistemological conjuring trick, an investiture of truth which can be, and often is, applied to any puerile absurdity imaginable. Faith is an asylum for the gullible, the obsequious and the unthinking. It is a refuge for fools.

Cc:Hahn,dantedasz,jesusjnr,solite3,vic2ree,joseph1013, lordreed, CAPSLOCKED, Martinez39, MJBOLT,hakeem4,dandeeboss, muttleylaff, johnydon22, OLAADEGBU,frosbel2, plaetton, happypagan
why do you spend time discrediting what is not real.

If you say faith is delusional, then love, patience or anyother quality is delusional.

Every new invention requires faith it will work base on some principles set in place.

Without faith you cant even live.
You are delusionsal if you drink water without checking if it was poisoned.
You are delusional if you believe your husband, parent boss or workers are real and not cloned.
You are delusional if you believe you have a heart without ripping it your self to check.
You are delusional if you breathe in air without checking if it is a real air you are breathing and not some synthesize air meant to make you a zombie.

In fact you are delusional to even think people are the one replying you and not robot.
You are in serious delusion.

Atheism is supidity

2 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by hakeem4(m): 4:34am On Sep 04, 2019
[s]
solite3:

If you say faith is delusional, then love, patience or anyother quality is delusional.

Every new invention requires faith it will work base on some principles set in place.

You are delusional if you believe your husband, parent boss or workers are real and not cloned.
You are delusional if you believe you have a heart without ripping it your self to check.
You are delusional if you breathe in air without checking if it is a real air you are breathing and not some synthesize air meant to make you a zombie.

In fact you are delusional to even think people are the one replying you and not robot.

Atheism is supidity
[/s]

You are intellectually dishonest with this statement. You just committed the equivocation fallacy. You’re using two different definitions of faith in your first and second premises

Premise 1: you used this definition complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Now I have faith ( trust) In evolution by natural selection because of its evidence.

Now the faith your religion teaches you is to believe something without evidence
I don’t believe someone died for 3 days and came back to life

So you can see your argument is logically flawed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Too much sense.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by EmperorHarry: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2019
Faith is required when dealing with things,knowledge, concepts etc independent of our senses& self.Faith becomes delusional when you refuse to accept any alternate perspective that doesn't align with yours.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by hakeem4(m): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2019
EmperorHarry:
Faith is required when dealing with things,knowledge, concepts etc independent of our senses& self.Faith becomes delusional when you refuse to accept any alternate perspective that doesn't align with yours.
you’re talking about faith which means to trust in something.

I presume the OP is talking about the Christian faith which means believing something without evidence

2 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2019
It's today, Wednesday, the tomorrow of yesterday, and buda is posting here and you are all alive, just like I had faith we all would be.

I'd be grateful if someone can ascertain the veracity of the fundamentally verifiable observable empirical knowledge that I now present as evidence of my faith based claim please.

budaatum:

This is not true! Neither is a lot more written there, but this is definitely a lie. I, buda, have faith that I will post on here tomorrow, Wednesday, and that no one here will die.

We shall ascertain the veracity of my faith based claim tomorrow when you obtain fundamentally verifiable observable "empirical knowledge" of mine and everyone else's presence here, for I forbid anyone's falsification!
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2019
hakeem4:

Now the faith your religion teaches you is to believe something without evidence
Interesting. You should advise him to read more and try to understand or get a better religion.

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by EmperorHarry: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2019
hakeem4:
you’re talking about faith which means to trust in something.

I presume the OP is talking about the Christian faith which means believing something without evidence
Not just Christian faith but religious faith.Religious faith is still a form of faith with or without evidence,so I decided to generalize it.It's not only religious faith that is susceptible to delusions.Scientific faith(some would outrightly state this doesn't exist) can also become delusional.

3 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Amujale(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
EmperorHarry:

Totally agree with you here.

Apart from the accurate analysis potrayed by the above contributor, it can also be explained by making use of "faith" in a sentence so as to mean "confidence".

As in,

(a1) I have absolute faith in the Almighty God.

(a2) I have absolute confidence in the Almighty God.

(b1) I have faith in my skills and abilities as a medical practitioner.

(b2) I have confidence in my skills and abilities as a medical practitioner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Amujale(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
Similar to the view of other contributors, i disagree with the notion that all types of faith are delusional.

Faith is only delusional when its built on a false asumption that something is true.

"Once a premise is false, then the conclusion is said also to be false"

cited quote is an extract from [url]wikipedia.org/wiki/Premise[/url]

Ignorance isnt said to be bliss on its own accord, yet, once one is able to perceive truth, then ignorance cannot be used as an excuse anymore.

All Abrahamic religions peddle a false representation of history.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by malvisguy212: 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IS IT NOT A THING OF SHAME THAT YOUR ALMIGHTY JESUS, ONLY SON OF AN ALMIGHTY GOD, WAS SO HUNGRY AND FRUSTRATED THAT HE HAD TO "CURSE" AN INNOCENT TREE CREATED BY HIS FATHER, FOR NOT HAVING FRIUT EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T FRUITING SEASON?

IS THIS A SIGN OF GOOD LEADERSHIP? IS SUCH A CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY WORTHY TO BE EMULATED?

WHAT JESUS DID IS EQUAL TO CURSING A WOMAN TO DIE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO GET PREGNANT DURING HER PERIOD.
WHAT AN ABNORMAL GUY. IF HE HAD THE CHANCE HE WOULD HAVE CURSED THE SUN FOR REFUSING TO SHINE AT NIGHT.

GOOD THING HIS MATES IN GOLGOTHA PUT HIM AWAY ONCE AND FOR ALL. GOOD RIDDANCE.
lol . so atheists has emotional feeling for trees too ? that's Good to know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
hakeem4:
[s][/s]

You are intellectually dishonest with this statement. You just committed the equivocation fallacy. You’re using two different definitions of faith in your first and second premises

Premise 1: you used this definition complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Now I have faith ( trust) In evolution by natural selection because of its evidence.
it is still the same blind faith that you have.
How could you believe evolution when you were not there?

I don’t believe someone died for 3 days and came back to life

So you can see your argument is logically flawed.
my faith has evidence.
Nobody can believe something without evidence either percieved or real.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by hahn(m): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
solite3:

my faith has evidence.

What is the evidence your God exists?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by hakeem4(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
solite3:
why do you believe the World war 1 and 2 happened. Where you there

my faith has evidence.
well I have nothing to say to you

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by rosy1992(f): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Faith is real, it works for those who practice it in holiness.
If you don't believe it, it doesn't mean everyone should follow that path.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Michellekabod2:

You use the word "we " when describing a scientific submission. Are you really one of the scientists or you believe their report?

Your definition of faith is very wrong. Faith is TRUST in the integrity of a person/personality. If Dangotes gives me a postdated Union Bank check of N40million Naira as a gift; I will immediately start preparing for how to change my life permanently. This is because I trust the integrity of Dangote. He shouldn't default on giving me a gift of ordinary N40million Naira.

Spiritual things are never based on Physical evidence: They are based of personal experience. Subjective in nature.

If you had a dream you are dinner with Donald Trump, that is the truth. The fact that you were in Nigeria on your bed doesn't make you untruthful. The reference is IN YOUR DREAMS not in the Physical.

What is the measurable quantity for the measure of FEAR or LOVE? Are your measurable quantities objective?

If I will summarize your text, I will say that your conclusion is that:
Love is delusional
Fear is delusional
Hate and other emotions are delusional!

An atheist is a person who claims to believe in Empirical and Physical evidence yet believes that
1. Order and systems can come out of NOTHING and
2. Chaos can self organizer into order with no outside influence.

What a contradiction!
I shake my head in amazement!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by malvisguy212: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2019
shadeyinka:

You use the word "we " when describing a scientific submission. Are you really one of the scientists or you believe their report?

Your definition of faith is very wrong. Faith is TRUST in the integrity of a person/personality. If Dangotes gives me a postdated Union Bank check of N40million Naira as a gift; I will immediately start preparing for how to change my life permanently. This is because I trust the integrity of Dangote. He shouldn't default on giving me a gift of ordinary N40million Naira.

Spiritual things are never based on Physical evidence: They are based of personal experience. Subjective in nature.

If you had a dream you are dinner with Donald Trump, that is the truth. The fact that you were in Nigeria on your bed doesn't make you untruthful. The reference is IN YOUR DREAMS not in the Physical.

What is the measurable quantity for the measure of FEAR or LOVE? Are your measurable quantities objective?

If I will summarize your text, I will say that your conclusion is that:
Love is delusional
Fear is delusional
Hate and other emotions are delusional!

An atheist is a person who claims to believe in Empirical and Physical evidence yet believes that

What a contradiction!
I shake my head in amazement!
perfectly said my brother, you put the right word. after saying Faith is delusional she still believed ORDER and CHAOS can come out of NOTHING. smh

indeed God has given them to a reprobate mind...

long time my brother, hope you're good ?
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2019
malvisguy212:
perfectly said my brother, you put the right word. after saying Faith is delusional she still believed ORDER and CHAOS can come out of NOTHING. smh

indeed God has given them to a reprobate mind...

long time my brother, hope you're good ?
Indeed, they have a blind heart. Seeing yet blind. Atheism is a dangerous kind of Faith: unfortunately they break every rule of common sense, they violate every major rule of physics and mumuciously faith in some abstract mathematics which can not be verified all in the name of this God of the Christians.

Whatever created the universe MUST be
1. outside the universe
2. Not subject to time
3. Not subject to physical and chemical laws.

They feel it is barbaric to conclude that God is that being. They want to force Him into the rules of physics and chemistry. This is utterly nonsensical!

Shalom my Brother!

5 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by CAPSLOCKED: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
solite3:

Atheism is supidity

THIS IS THE POST OF A FOOL.

MR. MAN. AS A NON-BELIEVER, I DO NOT BELIEVE MY FRIENDS ARE REAL AND NOT CLONED. I "KNOW" THEY ARE REAL.
I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT MY WATER IS NOT POISONED. I "HOPE" IT IS NOT POISONED. IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE POISONED THERE ARE PEOPLE TO BE HELD AND CHARGED WITH KILLING ME IN CASE I DIE FROM DRINKING POISONED WATER.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE WE WILL SUCCEED. OR WAKE UP IN THE MORNING. WE ONLY "HOPE".

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU. I HOPE FOR THINGS. I KNOW THINGS AND SEEK TO LEARN WHAT I DON'T KNOW. IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE ME TO PAY FOR THEIR WRONGS.

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW. YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. YOU INSTEAD, WANT TO BELIEVE... LIVING A LIE.

YOU SAY ATHEISTS ARE DELUSIONAL. YOU SAY THERE'S A GOD YOU BELIEVE AND HE RESPONSIBLE FOR THINGS. YOU SAY YOU TALK TO THIS GOD. AND WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WILL BE WITH THIS GOD IN HIS HEAVEN. I ASK YOU FOR ONE THING. AN EVIDENCE. YOU SAY I AM DELUSIONAL.
I AM DELUSIONAL FOR ASKING FOR A REASON WHY YOU BELIEVE IN TALKING SNAKES AND MIRACLE JOBS AND FLYING ANGELS AND HORSES. LOL.

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE NOT ONLY STUPĮD, BUT DAMN TOO FUNNY.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by malvisguy212: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
shadeyinka:

Indeed, they have a blind heart. Seeing yet blind. Atheism is a dangerous kind of Faith: unfortunately they break every rule of common sense, they violate every major rule of physics and mumuciously faith in some abstract mathematics which can not be verified all in the name of this God of the Christians.

Whatever created the universe MUST be
1. outside the universe
2. Not subject to time
3. Not subject to physical and chemical laws.

They feel it is barbaric to conclude that God is that being. They want to force Him into the rules of physics and chemistry. This is utterly nonsensical!

Shalom my Brother!
to say order came out from nothing is ridiculous. the atheists who believed in this, make a choice to believe it. I believe they make that choice because the lifestyle they want to live has no place for God. If there is a Creator, then there is a God. If there is God, then there is a Judge. If there is a Judge, then there is a judgment. And if there is a judgment, they will have to stand there one day. So they have to try to find a way to write God out of the script.

Shalom. stayed bless.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by CAPSLOCKED: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
malvisguy212:
lol . so atheists has emotional feeling for trees too ? that's Good to know.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND A TREE EXIST WHILE YOU LIVE. WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WORTH LESS THAN A LIVING OR DEAD TREE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
malvisguy212:
to say order came out from nothing is ridiculous. the atheists who believed in this, make a choice to believe it. I believe they make that choice because the lifestyle they want to live has no place for God. If there is a Creator, then there is a God. If there is God, then there is a Judge. If there is a Judge, then there is a judgment. And if there is a judgment, they will have to stand there one day. So they have to try to find a way to write God out of the script.

Shalom. stayed bless.
Of course you are correct.

Suppose God decided to forgive everyone who passed through this earth:, would it be fair for God to keep Atheists eternally and permanently under His rule?
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by CAPSLOCKED: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
hahn:

What is the evidence your God exists?
EVIDENCE IS BIBLE, AND "I FEEL HIM IN MY HEART". cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS THE POST OF A FOOL.

MR. MAN. AS A NON-BELIEVER, I DO NOT BELIEVE MY FRIENDS ARE REAL AND NOT CLONED. I "KNOW" THEY ARE REAL.
I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT MY WATER IS NOT POISONED. I "HOPE" IT IS NOT POISONED. IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE POISONED THERE ARE PEOPLE TO BE HELD AND CHARGED WITH KILLING ME IN CASE I DIE FROM DRINKING POISONED WATER.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE WE WILL SUCCEED. OR WAKE UP IN THE MORNING. WE ONLY "HOPE".

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU. I HOPE FOR THINGS. I KNOW THINGS AND SEEK TO LEARN WHAT I DON'T KNOW. IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE ME TO PAY FOR THEIR WRONGS.

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW. YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. YOU INSTEAD, WANT TO BELIEVE... LIVING A LIE.

YOU SAY ATHEISTS ARE DELUSIONAL. YOU SAY THERE'S A GOD YOU BELIEVE AND HE RESPONSIBLE FOR THINGS. YOU SAY YOU TALK TO THIS GOD. AND WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WILL BE WITH THIS GOD IN HIS HEAVEN. I ASK YOU FOR ONE THING. AN EVIDENCE. YOU SAY I AM DELUSIONAL.
I AM DELUSIONAL FOR ASKING FOR A REASON WHY YOU BELIEVE IN TALKING SNAKES AND MIRACLE JOBS AND FLYING ANGELS AND HORSES. LOL.

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE NOT ONLY STUPĮD, BUT DAMN TOO FUNNY.

Is that not a contradiction!?
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by LordReed(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
shadeyinka:

Is that not a contradiction!?

Who told you any of these is what atheism is about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? / Seyibrown And Nopuqeater Try To Explain! / Senate Passes Obamahealth Bill, Chip To Be Implanted On D Arm Or Forehead; 666?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.