Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? (4383 Views)

Why Suicide Victims Will Not Go To Hell / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by hopefulLandlord: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2018
Anas09:

Hopefullandlord. What did i say that's not true?

"When last were you on reddit? They hardly have anything else to talk about outside of killing themselves."
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Anas09: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"When last were you on reddit? They hardly have anything else to talk about outside of killing themselves."
Is that a lie?
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by hopefulLandlord: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
Anas09:
Is that a lie?
Yes! its not true, not even close
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Anas09: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yes! its not true, not even close
Aside killing yourselves what else do you talk about?
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by hopefulLandlord: 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
Anas09:

Aside killing yourselves what else do you talk about?

Maybe visit the links and find out yourself?

reddit.com/r/atheism

reddit.com/r/atheists

reddit.com/r/debateanatheist

reddit.com/r/trueatheism

reddit.com/r/skeptic

reddit.com/r/nonreligion

Copy any of them, paste them in your browser and see for yourself
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Anas09: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Maybe visit the links and find out yourself?
reddit.com/r/atheism
reddit.com/r/atheists
reddit.com/r/debateanatheist
reddit.com/r/trueatheism
reddit.com/r/skeptic
reddit.com/r/nonreligion

Copy any of them, paste them in your browser and see for yourself
drop the direct links pls.
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by hopefulLandlord: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
Anas09:

drop the direct links pls.

I would probably be banned by antispambot if I make them all clickable but you can just copy any of the lines and paste them in your browser

Anyways, let me do three

www.reddit.com/r/atheism

www.reddit.com/r/atheists

www.reddit.com/r/debateanatheist
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Anas09: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I would probably be banned by antispambot if I make them all clickable but you can just copy any of the lines and paste them in your browser

Anyways, let me do three

www.reddit.com/r/atheism

www.reddit.com/r/atheists

www.reddit.com/r/debateanatheist
Thanks. You hope you won't get banned tho.
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
Xbee007:

The answer came through my mind several times but I brushed it off. Its simplicity made me doubt it.

Correct.
If all human were to die today and another were raised in our stead, they would naturally create another religion to fill that void in human lives. Of course their religion will be different from what we have today but it will still bear some core similarities.

This question, I guess, is for religious folks. But you should understand that religion was created when men had little understanding of our universe. The Sunset, Sunrise, Rainfall and whatnot were associated with higher power. What they couldn't understand is that everything followed a pattern. Human cell started from Single cellular to multi-cellular. Human wasn't manufactured in a day. It took billions of years for this to happen. In fact, human being have some chemical makeup that can be found in sun, moon, rocks etc.

Most Abrahamic religious adherents tend to say that they would be forgiven because they weren't alive to hear the "gospel." But some cruel religious folks will tell you point blank that they would roast in hell fire forever because they weren't so lucky God didn't send his begotten son to them.

Human has always find excuses to fight. We create different religions so we could fight with others who worship different god(s) from us.
If we get too comfortable with our own fellow religious folks then we create another sub-religion. You just need to come to Nigeria to marvel at the hundreds of version of that religion. All with different belief system. Even Jesus would be surprised grin grin grin

Time is the hardest concept of all. I don't know whether it is an illusion or just at it is. Whether the concept of time machine will always be a product of sci-fi fantasies. Do you think we can go back and forth in time? Honestly, what do you think of time?

grin grin grin

Highly intelligent societies will never create something as self defeating and self contradictory as religion

In future u will see this . Well ur grand grand children's will see it. U married ? grin

Yeah god will surely be suprised , when he sees the multi billion business running into trillions created and being run in his name.

And another thing why did God sent his son/ male messengers and not his daughter/female messangers ? grin

And why did God sent his son/messenger only once ? ,

was he satisfied with his sons/messengers mission ?
Is he not watching how religion is being misused till date ?
did it not matter to him when millions were killed and tortured in his name by power hungry people ?
Is he not concerned that many don't believe him now ?

would it not have been best to sent another son/messenger to validate the first son/messanger so that all doubts regarding the concept of god etc can be cleared once and for all ?

Surely it seems god don't think much or he left the thinking part to all his human believers grin grin grin

Anyways

First tell me what is the most striking thing about time ?

Many don't even think about it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Horus(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
Suicide Is the most foolish thing a person can ever do. It is like, someone is shivering in the cold and he goes out and removes all his clothes. What will you call him? Foolish!. You are already feeling cold in a heated auditorium, and you go out into the open and say, ’I am so cold’, and remove your jacket, your t-shirt, your inner garments and throw them all out. Will the cold become any less? No!. People who commit suicide find themselves there because they are so attached to life. They are so attached to some pleasure, so attached to some joy, that they want to kill themselves. And when they kill themselves they find themselves in a bigger soup. They feel, ‘Oh my God, this restlessness, these desires which had created such intense agony inside me has not gone. My body has gone but the agony has remained. It is only through the body that you can dispel the agony and get rid of misery. Instead you destroy the very instrument by which you can get rid of agony.
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by danvon(m): 3:59am On Apr 26, 2018
Anas09:

First off. No one is in Hellfire yet. Everyone is waiting in Hades for Judgement.

Secondly, did Samson Commit suicide? If yes, how did he do that?

The Woman in the Op drank Sniper. Some Jump off bridges, some tie a nooze. What did Samson use?

And, does it surprise you that indeed a man like Samson can end in Hellfire? Listen, God is no respecter or persons. The Soul that Sins shall die, means just that. And the death there is not this physical death which everyone both sinners and saints die. It is a Spiritual death.

Sin is a disease of the Spirit. When it attacks, it gets the Spirit killed. And knowing what Spiritual death is, is key.

First off: In hell going to hell what's the difference same destination won't argue on that

Secondly Samson pushed the pillars of the building knowing fully well it would crush him he did it simply because he was blind that's suicide

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
John:10:28

If something like suicide can take a person to hell then the person was never Saved to begin with

Samson got the strength to kill himself from God

"And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes."
Judges:16:28
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Xbee007(m): 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
nemesis4u:

Highly intelligent societies will never create something as self defeating and self contradictory as religion
One of the major reasons religion is still thriving today is the ability of adherent to reinvent it so that it will continue to conform with the modern society. Otherwise, it would have been long dead by now.

In future u will see this . Well ur grand grand children's will see it. U married ? grin
Religion is now used as a tool for protectionism in most modern societies today. Just look at American politicians for example, they are all flocking to Christianity to shield themselves from Islam dominating their country.

Not married, yet.

Yeah god will surely be suprised , when he sees the multi billion business running into trillions created and being run in his name.
Just come to Nigeria, religion is now a multi-billion dollar industry. Where I live, there are over 15 big churches within walking distance to my home. Even they go as far as renting hotel auditorium for their twice or thrice weekly program.

And another thing why did God sent his son/ male messengers and not his daughter/female messangers ? grin
grin grin
In a male chauvinistic world, it had to be the son. Even God himself is often described as possessing manly qualities.

[/quote]And why did God sent his son/messenger only once ? ,[/quote]
You should know that there are numerous people who have stood up recently claiming that they are God sent. Although, most are now locked up in mental asylum where they belong. We don't need people who hear voices in their heads. Cos when you listen to such people, and people have in recent past, disaster always strikes. You remember how Jim Jones lead his almost a thousand followers into committing suicide?
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/mass-suicide-at-jonestown

did it not matter to him when millions were killed and tortured in his name by power hungry people ?

would it not have been best to sent another son/messenger to validate the first son/messanger so that all doubts regarding the concept of god etc can be cleared once and for all ?

Surely it seems god don't think much or he left the thinking part to all his human believers grin grin grin
Sure, if the idea of the existence of a Supreme God were true, the world wouldn't be this messed up.

Anyways

I don't have a specific answer to that.

But, I guess it is the fact that sometimes it works against human.
Other times it help unveil the truth.
Or sometimes, truth can be turned on its head by just passage of time.
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
Xbee007:

One of the major reasons religion is still thriving today is the ability of adherent to reinvent it so that it will continue to conform with the modern society. Otherwise, it would have been long dead by now.

Religion is now used as a tool for protectionism in most modern societies today. Just look at American politicians for example, they are all flocking to Christianity to shield themselves from Islam dominating their country.

Not married, yet.

Just come to Nigeria, religion is now a multi-billion dollar industry. Where I live, there are over 15 big churches within walking distance to my home. Even they go as far as renting hotel auditorium for their twice or thrice weekly program.

grin grin
In a male chauvinistic world, it had to be the son. Even God himself is often described as possessing manly qualities.

And why did God sent his son/messenger only once ? ,
You should know that there are numerous people who have stood up recently claiming that they are God sent. Although, most are now locked up in mental asylum where they belong. We don't need people who hear voices in their heads. Cos when you listen to such people, and people have in recent past, disaster always strikes. You remember how Jim Jones lead his almost a thousand followers into committing suicide?
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/mass-suicide-at-jonestown

Sure, if the idea of the existence of a Supreme God were true, the world wouldn't be this messed up.

Anyways

I don't have a specific answer to that.

But, I guess it is the fact that sometimes it works against human.
Other times it help unveil the truth.
Or sometimes, truth can be turned on its head by just passage of time.

Religion is/will be reinvented not to conform with the society but to control it more effectively.

Humans r basically animals , like any predators they hunt in packs ie herd mentality , it was basically a defensive mechanism but now it is a offensive mechanism . They will gather in the name of any issue be it religion be it nationalism inorder to collectively assert themselves. There is no right or wrong here. Right is what the victor imposes.

Funny thing when there is concentration of power and money, the same group of people who previously fought unitedly will segregate and fight among themselves for control.

It is human nature , to dominate , today others tomorrow ur own . Religion is one of the means to the ends.

As I said before why break the general pattern of nature , claiming to be son of god / messenger is one thing and being actually one is another. Would it not make sense to discard the idea of the same all together since it violates the general rule of things of the universe.

How god is a male ? Who saw it ? grin

And how did anybody come to that conclusion.
Must be the silly humans who invented god in the first place and were kind enough to follow the patriarch mindset prevelant at that point of time . Quite convenient isn't it.

Anyways regarding time the answer is

Time is relativistic

It is a difficult concept to wrap ones head around.

How long is 10 seconds ?
All will answer 10 seconds grin

But say hypothetically ,

U have me hanged by a noose for 10 seconds , for me 10 seconds will be like eternity. For u it will be just 10 seconds.

One cannot express what I am trying to say in words , u will have to feel it to understand it.

Something like time dilation
(As u approach speed of light time gets slower and slower untill it stops.)
only here ur senses / concious dilates the time for every individual concerned.

U see I have seen terrorists die , in their last breaths u can see their misery and remorse , as if all the Ghosts of the past r catching up to them and making them suffer. For me it's a few seconds, for them it's an eternity in pain (same as the concept of hell)

An observer cannot practically measure it , the pleasure of experience is ones own, since time is relativistic due to our human senses , depending on the situation for one time will be slow for another it will be fast .

That is why my friend heaven and hell is here on Earth.
When u die and as u take ur last breaths , ur conscious which every human has will judge and bring u to judgement , after all there is no better judge for ones own deeds than oneself.

I hope I have been able to express myself .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by HMZi: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
danvon:
So Samson is in hell?
#Savage
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Xbee007(m): 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
nemesis4u:

Religion is/will be reinvented not to conform with the society but to control it more effectively.

Humans r basically animals , like any predators they hunt in packs ie herd mentality , it was basically a defensive mechanism but now it is a offensive mechanism . They will gather in the name of any issue be it religion be it nationalism inorder to collectively assert themselves. There is no right or wrong here. Right is what the victor imposes.

Funny thing when there is concentration of power and money, the same group of people who previously fought unitedly will segregate and fight among themselves for control.

It is human nature , to dominate , today others tomorrow ur own . Religion is one of the means to the ends.

As I said before why break the general pattern of nature , claiming to be son of god / messenger is one thing and being actually one is another. Would it not make sense to discard the idea of the same all together since it violates the general rule of things of the universe.

How god is a male ? Who saw it ? grin

And how did anybody come to that conclusion.
Must be the silly humans who invented god in the first place and were kind enough to follow the patriarch mindset prevelant at that point of time . Quite convenient isn't it.

Anyways regarding time the answer is

Time is relativistic

It is a difficult concept to wrap ones head around.

How long is 10 seconds ?
All will answer 10 seconds grin

But say hypothetically ,

U have me hanged by a noose for 10 seconds , for me 10 seconds will be like eternity. For u it will be just 10 seconds.

One cannot express what I am trying to say in words , u will have to feel it to understand it.

Something like time dilation
(As u approach speed of light time gets slower and slower untill it stops.)
only here ur senses / concious dilates the time for every individual concerned.

U see I have seen terrorists die , in their last breaths u can see their misery and remorse , as if all the Ghosts of the past r catching up to them and making them suffer. For me it's a few seconds, for them it's an eternity in pain (same as the concept of hell)

An observer cannot practically measure it , the pleasure of experience is ones own, since time is relativistic due to our human senses , depending on the situation for one time will be slow for another it will be fast .

That is why my friend heaven and hell is here on Earth.
When u die and as u take ur last breaths , ur conscious which every human has will judge and bring u to judgement , after all there is no better judge for ones own deeds than oneself.

I hope I have been able to express myself .

Very clear sir.

Fact! Thanks for this wonderful piece.

2 Likes

Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
Xbee007:

Very clear sir.

Fact! Thanks for this wonderful piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4HvHALY0s

I want u to watch this documentary (if u want to)

And give me ur view on the most striking revelation one gets after watching it.

Note : it got nothing to do with the subject being discussed in the video ie homosexuality.
Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by Xbee007(m): 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
nemesis8u:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4HvHALY0s

I want u to watch this documentary (if u want to)

And give me ur view on the most striking revelation one gets after watching it.

Note : it got nothing to do with the subject being discussed in the video ie homosexuality.

The video is not available for Nigerians.

Re: Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? by asalimpo(m): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
Xbee007:
True life story.
Just last week, a young woman, with children and a husband, committed suicide in Iyana Iba Lagos. She lived in her home built by her husband. She apparently died after drinking Sniper.
Her story:
Until her death, she wakes up every morning to preach the words of God to people. With a very loud voice, she wakes people up with her morning jingles. Some are okay with it while others feel early morning preachers constitute nuisance to the society. I think they constitute nuisance to the society, because they wake you with their noises at odd hours. I used "they" because she isn't the only one. Some of them have been barred from our area, in fact by fellow Christians.

Recently, she was afflicted by an eye problem. She couldn't see for quite sometime. However, lately there have been tremendous improvement in her eye sight, until she ended her life by drinking sniper.

The day she committed suicide:
Many people saw her in the morning. In fact, a friend said they both conversed on the day of the sad incident. People got to know something was wrong when their dog wouldn't stop vigorously barking. Something very unusual. Her little daughter later checked on her and told neighbours her mother was very ill, so they rushed inside. The horror that laid before them was unfathomable.
She laid there barely alive, heavily bleeding from almost every holes in her body. Laying on her hand is an empty bottle of sniper.
She gave up the ghost before reaching the hospital. Sad!

A shocking thing happened.
Just hours after her death, her fellow Christians were already discussing the hell fire she would burn in. NOT DAYS O, JUST FEW HOURS LATER.
They were clearly sad that she "started well" but end "disastrously". I felt sick to my stomach!
How can human being be so cruel to their fellow human? How will the children of the deceased feel if they were to hear this discussions?

So, I am asking, am I right to think they are wrong to speak ill of their fellow Christians or truly she would burn in the same hell as Shekau just because she committed suicide?

Lalasticlala, check this out.
ppl take their lives when life on this terra firma is itself a literal hell. They r in tormnt here nd want to escape it. So,i understand where they r coming from. A lot of suicides could b avoided if christians practiced the tenets of their religion-helping people carry their crushing burdens until d victims are strong enuff in faith to cast all of their cares nd worries unto Christ. But most christians r selfish immature peevish grasping babies. Not much love coming from them.

For christians "discussing" hours after d event. Well, it is their natural reaction to a shocking event! They couldav acted in more wisdom but didnt. Talking about where she would end up isnt the same as Wishing her ill. You r wrong nd judgemntal in tht regard.
No1 can fully explain d logic or justice of hell. It's one of those things you believe if u believe d bible otherwise, you r selectively believing and on your own. Not much different thn some1 who creates his own idol nd worships it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's New Wife? / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? / Empty Churches: The Decline Of Cultural Christianity In The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.