Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Latest Fashion Trends - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Latest Fashion Trends (2703 Views)

Fashion Trends That Rocked 2014 / Weird Fashion Trends From History (PICTURES) / ~ Retro 60's ~70's & 80's Trend Revival Plus All The Latest Fashion Trends ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2007
Which do you think are the latest trends? What you like best in clothing, shoes, accessories in order to look good and stylish?

The latest trend in Romania at least is high thick heels in shoes, glittery (shtrasses - diamond look) belts, Louis Vuitton bags and black n white coat (puzzle style). Trendiest colours: black, red (especially in shoes) and white. Plus, nowadays they say it's out of fashion to match bags and shoes for casual look (it's still a must though for elegant look).

Ps:asimetrical tops seem to be quite popular. Also very tight jeans/stretchy pants combined with long light tops and a wide belt and small ribbons as accessories (mostly in shoes).

If I remember anything else, I will add it. Pls help me with some contribution cuz I always like to see the "pulse" of the fashion updated.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by bunmii(f): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2007
dresses, blouses, belt,big handbags , big belt in colour grey, animal prints, baby doll dresses are in trend now
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by LilRed1(f): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2007
my style is, large hoops (gold or silver) bangles (bracelets) fitted jeans and nice classy shirt! My style is def. urban
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by OmoEko1(f): 4:41am On Mar 06, 2007
Me i will anything that looks nice on my body
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2007
that's great girls, but i didn't ask what YOU wear, but what is the TREND in the area where u live. What do people wear in general.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by agnesoseka: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2007
hehehehehehe, grin
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by sammyjl(f): 10:34am On Mar 29, 2007
cool I think it would be the skinny jeans with high heels, bangles and big bangle like necklaces, big hand bags. Sexy brazilian hair, the short hair cut do. The rest is my own dressing.

Create your own style and be your own.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by firestar(f): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2007
Cropped denim, dangling earrings, High pumps, Light tops for this season for ladies.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2007
I hear you girls, gimme more!! wink
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by mohawkchic(f): 3:51am On Mar 30, 2007
~Monochrome is the hottest look for this spring ~ loads of black and white designs and accessories ~

~Another great fashion fix is frills and ruffle details on tops/tunics ~ it gives a modern edge and looks great
when played down with skinny jeans, denim crops or even city shorts! ~

~The retro safari look is still rockin ~ lots of  gorgeous silky prints ~ i like grin ~ silk is sexy ~

~ It's pretty clear that denim rules!!! ~ the best jeans of the season range from straight skinny legs, to kick
flares and wide legs (must-have!),

~There is a lot of hype this spring about the gorgeous bold floral prints w/a hint of sixties chic rangin from 
casual,smart and evenin dresses,the silk ones r lovely IMO ~

~havin different colours/design leggins is a must  wink

~The Jackie O. style shades are still in this yr,not to mention the big ole bangles,belts and bags,lol ~

~this season seem to be all about colour, red and electric blue r hyped about too!

~am feelin this sandal, u like?

Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 6:06am On Mar 30, 2007
You really put these sandals in a top, cuz the 1st one is great, the second is nice, but I wouldn't wear the shoes in the 3rd pic.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2007
These are the shoes I could come up with from the latest trends,
How about posting pictures with the latest trends in anything: bags, shoes, clothes, jewelery - show us everything!

Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2007
and another one

Re: Latest Fashion Trends by iice(f): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2007
Dang love those shoes to put in my cabinet for my viewing pleasure coz am outta practice wearing em heels grin grin

@Topic Ok skinny jeans with them big tops and belts, real flat sandals with a strap or two in gold or silver

Those chunky shoes (in the pics)

Board shorts and cropped jeans

- - - - - - - I draw a blank now coz i don't really follow trends, when i see something turning into a trend, i immediate switch to something different.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by omoge(f): 1:33am On Apr 02, 2007
how can one be good with heels? back at home, i love heels and use them often. since i came here, am always in sneakers and boot because of the weather. now i try high heel and the pains on my leg is unbearable, even when i try it to church, i can't stand for long. bcuse my leg will be shaking. from my knee downward
will be so cranky.
is there anything i could do to make me gain the heel's love again?  smiley
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2007
omoge:

how can one be good with heels? back at home, i love heels and use them often. since i came here, am always in sneakers and boot because of the weather. now i try high heel and the pains on my leg is unbearable, even when i try it to church, i can't stand for long. bcuse my leg will be shaking. from my knee downward
will be so cranky.
is there anything i could do to make me gain the heel's love again? smiley

My dear I've been experiencing the same problem and I'm afraid the only way is practice. It'll hurt like hell at first (as in, first month) but you have to do it, then you will see that step by step you'll feel good with heels again. There is no other way. But in the meantime, treat your feet very well. Use special lotion, keep them moisturized all the time so you won't have other problems. But don't overdo it ehhh? Take it all gradually.
Good luck! wink
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by omoge(f): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2007
thank you ooo dearie wink

pray summer comes quick and am gonna try ur idea and see how it goes. cheers.
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by mohawkchic(f): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2007
@ omege N white`Nkem readin ur post reminded me of experiencin the same @ heels

While i was pregnant,five yrs ago,i wore my regular high heels,i found it normal!!! that was, till i tried walkin w/those heels while pushin a boggy shocked ,lmao,i can still remember that day embarassed ,lol,i didnt do the clubscene or socialize much either,and i got quite comfy wearin flats!!!

When i did try to wear heels on a night out,jeez,i walked from the car to my house barefoot embarassed ,it was unbearable for me to do that last 3mins walk anymore in heels,i was determined not to feel that pain anymore so i started wearin heels around the house for half an hour,the more comfy i felt,the longer i had em on for,lol,its funny now thinkin of it,but trust me it wasnt funny for me back then,it was like i'd never worn heels in my life,lmoa,gradually,i got used to wearin heels again,to this day, i still do that routine,especially w/new shoes,so try it out c if it works for you grin
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by whiteNkem(f): 8:16am On Apr 06, 2007
mohawkchic:

i walked from the car to my house barefoot

And God, that must have felt really good (as always when release a pain). I bet you couldn't care again of being barefoot on the street, when u felt soooo well compared to the heels torment.

Yet, ladies, there must be suffering to have exits too! Therefore, keep it up with the heels practice!
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by omoge(f): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2007
lol,  grin

okay i will try that, start from the inside smiley
wear high heel climbing the stairs to the laundry room
wear heel to do vacuuming, dish and other chore in the house
wear heel to water the grass
wear heel to do the lawn

the weather isn't funny now to wear it outside.

hehehehe, am sure going to try them all  cheesy cheesy and by the time summer comes, am sure gonna be rocking in heels wink
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by mohawkchic(f): 12:25am On Apr 07, 2007
Glad to be of help grin b sure to let me know how u get on,am rootin for you to rock em heels this summer !!! wink
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by DewDrop(f): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2007
So right now, there are quite a few trends that are catching my eye.
So I'll just go through them and try to attach pictures as necessary
I've been noticing trends in 3 different categories.
COLOR themes,
DESIGN themes,
STRUCTURE themes.
I'll separate the postings so the pictures will follow.

[b]COLOR [/b]trends are Stone (Gray) family, The Cobalt Blue, Whites and PRIMARY COLORS!
Yes O! you basic Red, Yellow and Blue are definitely going to be big this summer season
or is that this rainy season?
Confused what cobalt blue and white means? Think Nautical striped tops with white Bermuda shorts.
Gold jewelry accentuate the blue and white very nicely!

Re: Latest Fashion Trends by DewDrop(f): 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2007
[b]DESIGN [/b]trends include dresses, yes dresses! Dresses are huge right now. Things with feminine detailing
and ruffles for that girly look! (Notice the colors are in the white, cobalt blue, stone family)
Sleeveless wrap dresses, eyelet lace, think knits. The feminine aspects of dressing are definitely making waves

Re: Latest Fashion Trends by DewDrop(f): 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2007
[b]STRUCTURE [/b]trends mean how you put things together. For instance, layering your basic tees, tanks and henleys over
your favorite skinnys can give you a look of posh comfort. As in you look comfortable yet very cute, as if
there was no effort involved for you at all. See picture

Combining color and structure trends, see Mrs Beckham's pic, wearing Stone, white & Gold!- ohhh i luv dat woman!

Re: Latest Fashion Trends by DewDrop(f): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2007
I def. don't follow most Naija girls dress - so if you're asking about the latest 'trend' spotted at The Palms or Silverbird Galleria, I can't approve such looks. I go to Shoprite in my house dress because I'm there to SHOP, RITE?

But the basic idea of that Palms/Silverbird look is to wear 3 or 4 different trends together so that WE know that not only does she know what's in vogue, she has a version of ALL the items in vogue! i.e (from toe to head)- Peep Toe pumps, Skinny Jeans, Fitted Tunic Top, Waist cincher belt, Rope Chain with matching /coordinating earrings and bangles, headband and sunglasses.

LMAO - straight clowns!

So my 2 cents are above about the hippest thing to be seen in right now- and trust me I KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT
cool
Re: Latest Fashion Trends by benincitys(f): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
nice

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day_may God Punish The Tailor Who Did This To Her / Get my MAKEUP And GELE TYING Video Tutorials for 3k! / How To Dress Smart With 13 Items For One Week For Classic Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.