Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? (1999 Views)

Does A Masters Degree Guarantee Jobs? / Right Steps To Study For A Masters Degree Abroad / Advice: Should I Go For Medicine Or For A Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 29, 2018
"Meet Melanie. She has a master's degree and has sent in hundreds of applications, but still no job. This is her story

She's just one of the many submissions we received when we set out to test the American dream in a new reality show concept. Every day people are told "You can be whatever you want to be" But is that really true when you factor race? That's what we want to find out. This not a social experiment. This is REAL LIFE. Americans are drowning in debt. And the biggest source of debt for the average American is student loan debt. Quite frankly it is what's keeping our government in business. The average out of state tuition is now over $100,000. In state tuition is much cheaper but you will still spend over $40,000. Without scholarships, you will begin your career in the hole. Forget trying to qualify for a mortgage. the worst part of it though, is the fact that you are not guaranteed a job after paying for your degree. 67% of people working are working in fields unrelated to their degree. A good percentage of people with degrees are working low level jobs that don't even require degrees. But every year, more bright eyed kids are told "all you have to do is go to school, get good grades, go to college, and you'll have a good job."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-aAl1IfNLQ
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by LarryBeryl(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Sad story butt here in 9ja, we are used to it

1 Like

Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by marooh: 7:25am On Jan 29, 2018
Because you know more than the cow colony master grin
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by veave(f): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2018
Smiles.

This interview I went f6two weeks ago, they didn't even let me say anything.
My dear, I'm beginning to think they're insecure. As if you want to collect their job from them.

Maybe I should bring out my pan and start frying akara
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by obonujoker(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2018
veave:
Smiles.

My dear, I'm beginning to think they're insecure. As if you want to collect their job from them.

lol... akara ke... Dont be dismayed... A job will come soon...
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by LeJeun3: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2018
veave:
Smiles.

If you are good at it, then I suggest it's your best bet....

Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by veave(f): 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
obonujoker:

lol... akara ke... Dont be dismayed... A job will come soon...

Amen...
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by veave(f): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
LeJeun3:

If you are good at it, then I suggest it's your best bet....

Alright

1 Like

Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
veave:
Smiles.

You Went to school for at least 4 years surely your brain can come up with better things than the bolded. I will suggest you pick up a skill like programming or become a mechanic.
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
it is well my dear
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by veave(f): 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

You Went to school for at least 4 years surely your brain can come up with better things than the bolded. I will suggest you pick up a skill like programming or become a mechanic.

Babe. I AM a programmer, a website & graphic designer. I'm on freelance, jobs have been scarce these days.

That being said how far, make I reason one fine website for you. What do you say?

1 Like

Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
veave:

Babe. I AM a programmer, a website & graphic designer. I'm on freelance, jobs have been scarce these days.

That being said how far, make I reason one fine website for you. What do you say?
I am a man. If you know how to build websites, how about building one for yourself and using it. Think of something innovative and work on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nice article
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by veave(f): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

I am a man. If you know how to build websites, how about building one for yourself and using it. Think of something innovative and work on it.

Help me do it
Re: Why Won't Anybody Hire Me With A MASTERS DEGREE? by tblackE61(m): 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
My dear programming is a nice course! U can actually think outside d box and do something different. Thou I know it is easier said than done , but trust me I believe in ur ability . u can do it

veave:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HELP! MY Application For Data Correction Was Rejected By JAMB / A Bill That Senior Secondary Teachers Should Take JAMB UTME Each Year, With 75% / Fake Educational Agents In Nigeria Marked As Spam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.