Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate (1646 Views)

El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri / Fela Kuti,Sowore And Nnamdi Kanu Only Nigerians Brave To Confront Buhari Tyranny / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by newsbook: 6:40am On Jan 29, 2018
The Senate has declared its intention to confront President Muhammadu Buhari if he refuses to assent to the order of election as approved in a bill sent to him for the 2019 general elections.
The position of the lawmakers was stated by their spokesman, Senator Aliyu Sani Abdullahi.
While the Independent National Electoral Commission placed the presidential election before the National Assembly elections, the Senate and the House of Representatives reversed it.

Read More at: http://www.newsbook.ng/2018/01/29/2019-were-set-to-confront-buhari-on-order-of-polls-senate/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by Troblem(m): 7:02am On Jan 29, 2018
smiley

For those thinking am serving ban,i ask 4 what?

Study takes u away from nairaland for good.

Back to the topic, government was organised for the weak and faint hearted to exploit n help end their fukkd existence ...
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by Sagamaje(m): 7:20am On Jan 29, 2018
Buhari is planning how to rig the election but God will surely put his dirty ass to shame. Buhari aforielepakano

1 Like

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by maclatunji: 7:34am On Jan 29, 2018
Hahahahaahahahahaha, was it the president that released the time table? Okay, fight the president but you will not be able to change the calendar because INEC is Independent.

1 Like

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by kcmichael: 7:35am On Jan 29, 2018
Jokers,you don't know the president is powerful than you
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by kcmichael: 7:36am On Jan 29, 2018
Are the senate now inec personnel,doing inec work
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by farihafaheemah(m): 8:29am On Jan 29, 2018
Why are they challenging it now, it has been like this since 2007. Obasanjo changed the order. So I don't see reason why buhari is now accused of what he knew nothing about. Besides it was iNeC that drew the time table not Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by papoudaupolos: 8:32am On Jan 29, 2018
Sagamaje:
Buhari is planning how to rig the election but God will surely put his dirty ass to shame. Buhari aforielepakano
Its too shameful if u cant Control your Jealousy.
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by dunkem21(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2018
maclatunji:
Hahahahaahahahahaha, was it the president that released the time table? Okay, fight the president but you will not be able to change the calendar because INEC is Independent.

I have not finished saying this on the other ngeneukwenu's thread cheesy

INEC is Buhari's only hope cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by dunkem21(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2018
kcmichael:
Are the senate now inec personnel,doing inec work

They have oversight functions on INEC wink

1 Like

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by dunkem21(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2018
farihafaheemah:
Why are they challenging it now, it has been like this since 2007. Obasanjo changed the order. So I don't see reason why buhari is now accused of what he knew nothing about. Besides it was iNeC that drew the time table not Buhari.

We can also change the process in the spirit of CHANGE*

1 Like

Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by kcmichael: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2018
[quote author=dunkem21 post=64603377]

They have oversight functions on INEC wink[/quoted
Does senate oversight function including teaching me how to fu*ck my wife?.oversight function does not include doing inec function..
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by farihafaheemah(m): 11:11am On Jan 29, 2018
dunkem21:

We can also change the process in the spirit of CHANGE*
Check the headline, we are ready to confront Buhari, as if he's the one that changed or drew the time table. They should have said we are ready to challenge INEC. Simple. That's my point
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by orisa37: 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
The NASS is a better DEMOCRATS than INEC & The Presidency.
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by famology(m): 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
I think this amendment will only be for subsequent elections not this 2019 election coming up,because the time table is already out.This amendment can not reverse it.As at the time of drawing the 2019 election time table,this amendment was not in existence. This is the reason the supreme court set Bode George free sometime ago.The supreme court said Bode could not be tried under an amendment that was non-existent as at the time the offence was committed. I think the Senate should educate themselves very well before choosing their fights.They have lost this one abinitio!
Re: 2019: We’re Set To Confront Buhari On Order Of Polls – Senate by kcmichael: 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
famology:
I think this amendment will only be for subsequent elections not this 2019 election coming up,because the time table is already out.This amendment can not reverse it.As at the time of drawing the 2019 election time table,this amendment was not in existence. This is the reason the supreme court set Bode George free sometime ago.The supreme court said Bode could not be tried under an amendment that was non-existent as at the time the offence was committed. I think the Senate should educate themselves very well before choosing their fights.They have lost this one abinitio!

This comment sweet my belly because pmb is cruising 20milion vote to victory in 2019

(1) (Reply)

US Supports Ranching As Solution To Fulani Herdsmen Crisis In Benue / APC Youths In Jigawa Shouting "Barawo" When They See The Convoy Of Sule Lamido / Ekiti Decides - Fayemi Wins Eleka With A Long Margin 7:1 (to Be Continued)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.