Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita (22094 Views)

Senator Gershom Bassey To Be Recalled By Cross River South Stakeholders Move / "Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri / Senator Gershom Bassey Attacked At Transcorp Hotel In Calabar. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by nigeriapenmedia: 11:02am On Jan 29, 2018
[img]https://3.bp..com/-jF7RyxoRefQ/Wm7fjYWhWfI/AAAAAAAAFpU/KKBS-KAp7N023LaopHkhnwf2KwV7xNCngCLcBGAs/s1600/Gershom-Bassey-Phone-Numbers.jpg[/img]

A renowned social Commentator has said, the two phone numbers listed on Senator representing Cross River South at the National Assembly, Senator Gershom Bassey’s billboard stationed at Efio-Ette roundabout in Calabar, the state capital belongs to a mortuary attendant.

Efio-Ita Nyok who is also the publisher of NegroidHaven.Org, a popular online blog analysed the lapses behind Senator Bassey’s approach on politics, adding that effective leadership doesn’t follow lies.

In his recent article title, ‘BASSEYGATE: RECOMMENDATIONS TO SALVAGE THE SPIRALING PUBLIC REPUTATION OF A NIGERIAN LAWMAKER’, Nyok was able to say the phone numbers on the billboard weren’t connecting at the time of his article, adding that the one that connected was answered by a Mortuary attendant.

According to him, “I understand that distinguished Senator Gershom Bassey was accosted on Wednesday 24th January 2018 by a handful of constituents mainly youths at the gate of his Akai Efa, Calabar residence and demanded that the lawmaker tell them when his twin phone numbers will finally connect. Can somebody deny this piece of information, please? Hmmmm!

“Before I proceed in my unplanned commentary, let me first express my profound disappointment with the trend of criticism that has greeted the twin phone numbers published at Efio-Ette Junction, Calabar.

“The question is, why published a set of phone numbers to the public that have not been registered (Sen. Bassey particularly admitted this when he entertained Calabar South Constituents at his residence in Akai Efa recently)? Why publish phone numbers to the public when you know they ain’t yet connect-able?

“Publishing this phone numbers at such a time as this, particularly considering the fact elections are drawing near implicitly suggests that you have been deliberately elusive. Put differently, as a public officer, a majority of your eager constituents have not been able to relate with you: for two years and six months!? And when you finally agreed to meet with them, it’s through a perceived scam!? No! This is totally condemnable!

“Follow me, please, let’s see whether we locate a solution to this your in-assessibility: Where’s your constituency office sir? If there’s any, how many are in the seven local government areas that constitutes Cross River Southern Senatorial District? Supposing it’s just one, don’t you think it should be seven as well to allow for easy access the Distinguished? Should it be just one unpopular building?

“Fast forward to the phone lines – I can’t leave them: When the lines finally connect, something disappointing happens: a mortuary attendant I learnt took the call – I have not confirmed it though: so, can’t the ‘landed eagle’ beckon with one of his flapping wings to any of his job seeking constituents and pay them to take these thousands of calls!? Hmmm!” Nyok wrote.

Apart from Sen. Gershom Bassey punditically, Nyok also gave some Recommendations. Read his recommendations below;

“They say a criticism is constructive when it offers solutions, while I am not a proponent of this sentiment, for germane purposes, let me bulge:
*Open 7 constituency offices in the 7 LGAs of ‘the south’ beginning from the riverine areas of Bakassi through Biase.

*Employ ‘desk officers’ who are answerable to your Chief of General Staff (CoS) reportedly Ekanem Samantha Bassey.

*Equip these offices particularly installing a dedicated phone line. That is to say, the not-connecting-twin-phone-numbers should be increased to 7.
*Train those desk officers for courtesy while taking calls, etc.

*Publish the addresses of these anticipated 7 constituency offices to the public.

*These constituency offices should be an information hub acquainting your constituents of your activities in respect of representing them at the Red Chamber : your bills, motions, itinerary, developments programmes, etc.

*For those who don’t feel like going to the constituency office, set up a website for the same purpose above —beyond being the ever-landing sorry, landed eagle, I propose you become a digital Senator.

*Employ a website administrator who will update the site of your official activities. Coco-bassey Esu, though after serious training on public relations, may come in handy here. Sequel to his brief training, he can be under monitoring for awhile to check for fowl linguistics expressions and other related uncouth tendencies. Victor Inyang readily comes to mind for this monitor and tutelage.

“With the above free consultation, I think your challenge of in-assessibility will be greatly corrected as your public image, which I honestly doubt is in positive light, with the exception of your family and cronies will improve”, Nyok added.

Read More at https://www.nigeriapen.com/2018/01/gershom-basseys-billboard-phone-numbers.html
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by smartblu(m): 11:12am On Jan 29, 2018
You needed someone to have your voice. You got one.
See Conversation
You: Hello Senator
Mortuary attendant: Yes, I am representing Mortuary constituency, What can I do for you?

Hmnnnnn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by nigeriapenmedia: 11:14am On Jan 29, 2018
what a senator

4 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Pubichairs(m): 11:30am On Jan 29, 2018
Savage level ...404

10 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by BruncleZuma: 11:30am On Jan 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2018
Only in Nigeria and nothing will happen!

These people take us for granted!

Its so sad

SMH

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by jamaicabakare(m): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2018
Front page now..now. I dey fear nairaland diz days

2 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by forayfleo(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2018
Their cup of tea
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by classicfrank4u(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2018
g
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Philinho(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2018
Politicians ooooo....Somebody shift make i faint for this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by jaymejate: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2018
Laff Don Kill Me 4 Here O. Scammer Senator grin

4 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by binsanni(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2018
another new trick, politicians self

2 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by TheBlessedMAN: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2018
Crazy Advice Things cheesy cheesy

Don't expose ur success too
quickly In life..

I learnt that from
playing "WHOT"
Once u just say "Last Card"...you
will see ur enemies coming out
of the woods.. You'll just be
hearing.. "pick 2, General Market,
Hold On, Suspension, last card! Check up!"

grin grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by afamgidi: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2018
good
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by ayourbamie: 11:34am On Jan 29, 2018
Politicians and lies! They go hand in hand
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by 2019BUHARIONLY: 11:35am On Jan 29, 2018
BUHARI2019

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Kingluqman89(m): 11:36am On Jan 29, 2018
Na wa ooo... ;DNa wa ooo...
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by gusaua(m): 11:36am On Jan 29, 2018
chai

1 Like

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Godsonkemz(m): 11:36am On Jan 29, 2018
Insincerity and deceitfulness of our politicians
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by wildcatter23(m): 11:37am On Jan 29, 2018
cry

1 Like

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2018
Orisirisi something. .......
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by DatingToWeding: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2018
ok

1 Like

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Miles300: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2018
Nothing wey person no go see for this country
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by afamgidi: 11:38am On Jan 29, 2018
okooo
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Reelmii: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2018
politics has taken another shape, dat is y nigeria cannot be corruption free
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by yemimylover(m): 11:39am On Jan 29, 2018
abeg where be nearest bus stop
I wanna drop

1 Like

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Elslim: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2018
maybe that is his real job..... the senate stuff is just part time

3 Likes

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by bentlywills(m): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2018
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by abbaapple: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2018
Nigeria is a curse! I heard that ancestors are angry with Baba, is that true? angry
Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Samusu(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2018
Hmmm, only naija politicians can do this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita by Homers123(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2018
Yahoo sinator.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Senate Suspends Public Hearing, Closes Gallery / Federal Secretariat, Asaba On Fire / Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.